Ratings for Dr. Alan W. Christensen

He is Great, He is so knowledgeable and explains everything completely. He puts you at ease right away. I was very confident that I was in the best hands for the treatment I needed. He's the Best!! I have sent my friends to him and they have had great experiences as well ..

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Alan W. Christensen's response
We appreciate the kind words about our team. It’s our pleasure to help you get back to doing what you love.

Submitted July 20, 2017

I took my Mom to Dr. Christensen on June 27, 2017 for pain and tingling in her left arm. Dr. Christensen was so prompt, so sweet and marvelously kind. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and does not mind walking the extra mile for his patients. He was immensely patient, listened to her with an apt attention and provided all the answers to her queries. He is a great and an awesome Doctor. I would certainly recommend him to anyone. Thanks Dr. Christensen for your kindness and help. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Alan W. Christensen's response
We’re so glad to hear about your positive experience with Dr. Christensen. Our goal is to provide the very best patient care available, so it’s always encouraging to hear about positive experiences.

Submitted July 14, 2017

He is exactly as has been described. I don't know how he can treat patients when he is no empathetic at all, I will rebember this visit as the worst doctor I've seen in my life. I hope he never has pain and being treated the same way.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Alan W. Christensen's response
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with Dr. Christensen. If you would like to discuss this issue, please do not hesitate to call Team Christensen directly at (407) 254-4050 during regular business hours so we may better understand. We hope to hear from you soon and thank you for providing this valuable feedback about your experience.

Submitted August 31, 2015

I got an accident at work and workers comp sent me with this doctor, after some visits and not having an answer, I asked the doctor about the treatment that I needed and he answered that he did not worked for me that worked for the insurance company and his job was not to cure me because I was not paying him, that his job was not to find anything. I think he forgot the medical oath and sold himself to the insurance company, that give him a lot of patients, which he is not planning to cure, that is very dishonest and put the patients in risk, that is why he is very bad

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

This Dr is a great hand and wrist specialist. I had a collie's fracture from skiing in MI, for insurance reasons I had to fly back to Orlando. Dr agreed completely with what I had been told at ER in MI. He always took x-rays and explained to me the next step clearly. He was very attentative to my pain and post op care. Scar is very straight and clean appearing. He was always very polite, always shook my good hand and greeted the family the visited with me. Only negative I would have to say is when he took the splint off a week before surgery, it hurt like a b*t*h, and it felt like he was being a little rough, but thats probably because my arm was still mostly broken so anyone would have felt rough to me.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

THE DR WAS RUDE HE COULD NOT COMMUNICATE WITH MY MOTHER AND HE TOLD HER SOMEONE FROM HOME THAT SPOKE ENGLISH SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE WITH HER. HE DID NOT ATTEMPT TO GET A SPANISH SPEAKING EMPLOYEE IN THE PRACTICE TO ASSIST IN THE CONSULT. I WORK IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND WE WOULD NEVER TREAT A PT THAT WAY WE TRY TO FACILITATE EVERY VISIT. IF THAT WAS A POLICY IN THEIR PRACTICE WE WOULD HAVE ARRAINGED FOR SOMEONE TO GO WITH BUT THAT WAS NEVER MENTIONED. WHEN SHE WAS CHECKING OUT AND THE DR ORDERED GLOVES FOR HER HANDS THE CHECKOUT CLERK EXPLAIN THEY WILL BE 130.00 DOLLARS IF THE INSURANCE DOSEN'T COVER. SHE ASKED HIM TO CHECK COVERAGE FIRST OTHERWISE SHE DOSEN'T WANT THEM BECAUSE SHE CAN'T AFFORD IT. THE EMPLOYEE IN TURN SAID PLEASE SIGN HERE AND HAD HER SIGN A WAIVER REFUSING THE GLOVES FOR TREATMENT WITHOUT CALLING THE INSURANCE COMPANY AT ALL. NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT WILL BE THE FIRST AND LAST VISIT.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

Dr. Alan W. Christensen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Christensen received his MD degree from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda, MD. He completed his general surgery internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center at Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX. He then completed a fellowship in hand surgery at the Indiana Hand Center, Indianapolis, IN.

• English

• Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences (Grad. 1981)