Ratings for Dr. Steven C. Choung

Steven Choung wrote me off as uninjured after a quick look at my mri and then after I talked to him a little on my injury and accurately explained my symptoms he took (another) gander at the MRI only to find "nothing really wrong". He seemed to show someone how to do a hydro cortisone injection (which did nothing) on my ankle and send me on my way. So a year passed as I trained harder and harder I reached a point where I realized "Dr." Choung had to have made a mistake, sure enough 2 full years after my traumatic ankle injury I was diagnosed with torn ligaments in my ankle, this has been a tremendous setback in my athletic career and personal life dealing with self medication and depression as a result of Steven Choung's negligence that morning. And yes, you can skateboard with torn ligaments, this really blew his mind I suppose. Never see Dr. Choung for something that you believe may not be a highly common injury to your ankle or foot. My name is Nicholas Casadei and I am hoping to make a collegiate division 1 walk on tryout and Dr. Choung has ensured that I will have to be superman in order to stand a chance. Once again I believe you can find someone more passionate about the well being of his patients.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I saw Dr. Choung twice for a second opinion and evaluation. I had been in an auto accident and had re-injured my foot where I had had a surgical implant in my big toe. This and the first toe in particular were in great pain and I had difficulty walking. He told me that the original surgery had been done incorrectly (he explained why) and told me clearly what my options are and risks. I was very impressed with him since I had seen several podiatrists, who produced poor results and cost me many thousands of therapies that miserably failed. I most likely will never see a podiatrist again. Dr. Choung was pleasant and warm: nice bedside manner. I have referred several people to him. The staff made an error on my bill and they are not attentive (Univ. location -this is true of past experience at W.P. too).

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

I did not have a good experience at all! Dr. Choung has a terrible bedside manner and seemed as if he didn't want to be bothered with my injuries! He didn't even take the time to explain why I am having such a difficult recovery he just shrugged his shoulders as if I am just a difficult patient

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

My son had a Lis Franc fracture. It is an athletic injury that is not easily repaired. Dr. Choung fully explained the procedure that would be used in surgery. He had a tremendous bedside manner and called personally the day following the surgery to check on my son. While Dr. Choung was not promising my son would be able to play baseball again, he eventually did and had a very successful college baseball career. My family would certainly go to Dr. Choung again.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Very helpful - wonderful beside manor. He explained all my options clearly. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Absolutely wonderful. Had 2 surgeries with him. Great bedside manner, very caring and concerned about the patient. Very knowledgable and explained everything to me. Office staff is very pleasent and quick response to calls or questions. Never a long wait to see doctor. Would reccommend him 100%

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

He did nothing and charged me hundreds. I had a fractured bone. I did not have surgery. My appointment was at 10am but they didn't take me until 1pm. Apparently the office staff never came across Blue Cross Blue Sheild. It is a pain, especially if you have out of state insurance. He wasn't helpful at all. He rushed to get my out. I would never recommend this to anybody. I am charged as if I had surgery.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

Dr. Steven C. Choung's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)