Ratings for Dr. Kanta Dave

I really don't like her principle of not giving prescription for back massage/chiropractor if it last for 2 months. This Dr. always say that it is against her principle!!! It was only a first attempt because we really don't know the procedure! Worse, we already paid the professional fee for that procedure amounting to CAD $450.00..... This Dr. should have just given us the prescription and advised us not to do it again!!! This Dr. is not knowledgeable.... She talk and talk and talk...............

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Very professional in medical field , very helpful, very smart when checking the patient takes good with consulting

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

waited over 2 hours just to rushed in and rushed out.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I have been with dr. Dave for ~10 years had about 5 or 6 visits over the 10 years. Every time I visit I end up waiting an hour or so due to family appointments. Family appt.: is when a family books one visit but all 7 end up being checked out for whatever reason. As for dr. Dave's knowledge/attention to detail I rate her very low. I brought girlfriend there a few years ago and dr. Dave passed off her symptoms as nothing to worry about (common cold)...10 hours later my girlfriend was in emergency, where I was told that if did not bring her that evening there was a high chance she would not have made through the night with her severe meningitis.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Dr. Dave has been my family doctor for 10 years, as long as I live in Calgary she will be my doctor, she in a way saved my life. With my health problems I have been a medical mystery; Dr Dave never gave up on me. She is very thorough and she or her staff follow up with needed information or additional appointments required. She refers to other medical professionals when needed as well. Appointments may run a bit late but that seems to be because she is so patient with listening to patients and taking her time with them, which I much appreciate. Dr Dave lets me have all the time I need to ask questions.... Dr Dave is a very kind and caring human being. She's none judgmental and treats her patients with respect. I'm also confident that she will always stay dedicated and humble, for these qualities were not learned in medical school, its in-breaded in her. Thank you Dr Dave :)

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Dr. Dave is a horrible doc. I do not understand how people can say she is caring. She is always in a hurry and never listens to the answers of questions she has asked you. Both my sister and I visited her. What she did to my sister made me never want to see her again. My sister went to her after having significant amount of abdominal pain, feeling nasuea, and vomiting. Dr. Dave passed it off as just a stomach bug. Again a week later same thing went to see her as it contined and the pain was increasing, gave her some medication said it was an infection and sent her on her way. My mom hearing of this said to my sister to see her doctor. Went to him, immediately sent my sister for an emergency ultrasound and found that she had an etopic preganancy. She was admitted to the hospital that day. Due to Dr. Dave's negligence the worse case scenerio happened and she had to have one fallopian tube removed. This was a wake up call. I have not been to her since.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Doctor Dave has been my family doctor my entire life, she is very patient with you and is quite knowledgable, i have been through a lot with this doctor, including the time i kicked her as a child and she treats me and acts like she generally cares about my well-being. The waiting room waits are very long yes, but its worth the wait for the quality of care you receive from her, the only real complaint i could have about her is that i sometimes find her hard to understand. but other than that she is a very good doctor

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I've been with Dr. Dave for over 10 years and plan to visit her as long as she is practicing. Her expertise in pediatrics is exceptional. As a nurse working in the hospital and in other practices, I have come to know Dr. Dave as a well known, exceptional doctor. And for "the waiting room packed with immigrants," (quoted from a previous comment) they are fortunate to even have a doctor accept them, especially with the shortage of doctors and other health professionals in Calgary. There will always be doctors who are better than others. Dr. Dave is personable and gets to the point.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

No Dr. Dave does not suffer fools gladly. But if you go in there and articulate your condition and needs she will bend over backwards to help you. There is no hand holding / gossiping in her office. However, I have been with her over 10 years and find her exceptionally personable / attentive. She is just "no nonsense".

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

I have been with this doctor for 5 years and cannot keep this any longer about her bad practices. She does not shut the door while asking your medical problems and all the patients sitting and the waiting room is always packed with new immigrants, crying children could hear everything that is being discussed with her. She checks your lungs with her stethoscope pretending to listen but how could she when she moves the device faster than a bullet. She takes your blood pressure hurriedly and would say it is good. On another visit separately with my daughter, my daughter told this to me afterwards that this doctor is getting senile I think since she checked my daughter's ears, eyes etc. for annual exam TWICE after here PAPS smear was done, then checked again her ears, eyes etc. She is always in a rush to get out of that room to go to her next patients. This doctor works for quantity and not for quality of care and attention to her patients let alone listening to your problem effectively. She has selective listening. She works for the money not for her patients' well being. She is the only one open on Saturdays. Are these ratings being read or take into considerations by the Physicians College of Surgeons Association of Alberta? We and the rest of her patients hope so. The only good thing with her is if you want prescription there is no hesitation at all on her part.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014