Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth D. Nelson

Dr Nelson is very knowledgeable and an excellent physician. She has a very dry sense of humor and I think that might cause people to misunderstand her. She came highly recommended to me and I would recommend her as well.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Nelson's for several years now, but will be switching to a new OB. I'm 33 and had a partial hysterectomy last year due to severe hemorrhaging caused by an overwhelming number of fibroids and endometriosis. Dr. Nelson was the one who discovered them and I am grateful to her for that reason. However, it's been a year since my surgery and because my ovaries were left, I have had mild side effects from the surgery. Recently I have been feeling not myself, but am unsure if it's normal because I still ovulate and go through PMS or it's in fact a side effect from the surgery and my hormones are all out of wack. I went to see her this week to discuss what had been going on. She walked in the door and without saying hello, said "So what are you here for this time?". I was caught off guard by that comment and tried to quickly tell her my issues and her response was "And I'm supposed to wave my magical wand and make it all disappear right?". I was floored by that comment. She rushed through my appointment and made me feel insignificant for even being there in the first place. It's hard enough to go through something like this at a young age, before having the chance to have children. The last thing I expected, was my female OB to be unsympathetic and not validate how I'm feeling. I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

She wasn't very friendly and didn't have very much of a personality for this field of work. She seem very tried and burned out and really didn't have a recommendation on birth control except for "they all do the same thing" and had the nurse give me some literature. Fresh out of high school and being new the various contraceptives these days other than the pill I was expecting her to have some sort of direction based off her experiences with her own patients. Staff where okay nurse really didn't have personality either and I didn't expect her or the staff to because the Dr didn't either....

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

She goes through the pap tests and breast exams like she's asleep! She hurts like hell everytime! My overall opinion of her is she seems very tired all the time. She rushes the exams and I feel she is going through the motions until she can retire and finally stop dragging her feet across the floor! Go home! She doesn't want to be there, if you ask her questions she gives you some lame answer so she can get you out of her office! If you like having a robot for a doc, she's your pick!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Nelson's for years. Once I was married, my husband & I went in to discuss starting a family. First off, my husband never cared for her, as he would come to some appointments and have questions. He felt like she would blow him off and not really speak to him, only speaking to me. I realize I am the patient, but he has questions and concerns that I may not think of that should be addressed. Secondly, after having irregular periods my entire life, she was not very proactive to make recommendations or offer guidance on fertility issues. Now 7 years later, I am currently going through IVF, for the second time. I spent the first few years after getting married taking her 'try this' approach and wasted time that I could've been getting the answers I needed from a more qualified practice.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Great doctor! Very nice and cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

This doctor actually spent time in the room talking to me and personally followed up after my tests. She seems to genuinely care about each patient and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

Dr. Nelson, does not really care about her patients. I have been having gynecological problems and all she does is write a prescription assuming. nothing works and she does not put effort to figure out whats wrong. She does not explain herself and i constantly google what she tells me to teach myself. Although it is easy to schedule appts ad gt her to call back.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Dr. Elizabeth D. Nelson's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)