Ratings for Dr. Joseph H. Boyer

I was diagnosed with stage 3a lung cancer feb 2014 Dr Boyer removed lower left lobe July 2nd. Pathology report came back on July 4th showing I am cancer free!! Dr Boyer gave me my independence back. I highly recommend him as he always told me he would cure me. He's the best!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Here is a surgeon who advised agaist surgery even though that is how he makes his money. He stated that he could do the surgery in the future, but told my wife to wait and see how her condition was in the months ahead.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

While other doctors I've mentioned saved my life using medicines and treatments, Dr. Boyer was the surgeon who excised from my body the cancerous esophagus in a complex surgery he said is the most difficult he performs, called an esophagogastrectomy. Dr. Boyer fully explained what his plan was and the potential consequences. And he explained it in a way I, a layman, could understand, even drawing a sketch on a slip of paper showing what he'd have to do. He explained the odds of success (or failure). And he was with me every step of the way leading up to the day of surgery. On that day, he was ready for action and did a great job. I am, after all, still here more than a year later. If you need surgery, Dr. Boyer is your man.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009