Ratings for Dr. Shelly Metcalfe

Glad this a$$ retired...............................

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Was a terrible doctor thank god she retired. Mean, unhelpful, dismissive. Staff never answered the phone ever. I mean never ever ever. I usually had to go in to make an appointment. Hated ever time I went to see her. Never helped me once with any of my issues.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

She has been our family's doctor for over 20 years. We think she is great! She has always referred us to good specialist when needed. She has dealt with my chronic pain for the past 3 years and gives me no stress over the meds I need to take to control my pain. We are at a loss to find she is retiring in September and will miss her good care of us all.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

She has been my doctor for 20 plus years and I find her kind, compassionate and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

My son has Autism. He is very calm and co-operative little boy. She will not look or conduct any tests on him or look into his mouth or ears at anytime! Her reasoning is that she doesn't want to disrupt him but will always prescribe him antibiotics even though she even admitts she doesn't know the diagnosis!!! Some of her staff is really great to deal with but there are a couple that are rude and dismissive. I had to call them to remind them to call a specailist for my appointment and loss months of waiting time for that specailist! I am frustrated and wish to find a new Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Listen, she's not perfect. She can sometimes run late, it is hard to get through to anyone on the first call, and sometimes she seems rushed. The lady at the front desk is always terse. But she's a good doctor. She takes the time to answer any questions you have, she is understanding of personal matters and sensitivities, and she is AMAZING at referring you to specialists quickly. When I sustained a knee injury, I was told that I would have to wait 6-8 weeks for an MRI. After seeing Dr. Metcalfe, I had an appointment within a week, and a followup MRI (as requested by a sports medicine doctor) within a couple days. I had to go in the middle of the night for the MRI, but I was able to be seen much more quickly than I could have imagined. She has also forwarded my mother and sister to some of the best specialists in the country. I feel very comfortable with her with personal things and getting physicals done. Overall would recommend.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

The phone is always busy when I try to call to book an appointment. Usually takes 2+ weeks to finally get an appointment. She is very rushed and does not take the time to listen. My 18 yr old daughter was rushed out of the office and didn't feel comfortable discussing a personal matter with her. I wish we could find another doctor. I have been her patient for 30 years but I am becoming more and more unhappy with her so I rarely see a doctor anymore.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

I feel very comfortable with this doctor which is important to me. It is nice to have a doctor that I feel I can talk honestly and openly with in regards to my various health issues.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

Always been fabulous. Very helpful, caring & thorough and always takes the time for you. So grateful to have her.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

she told my sister that she looked ****, when she was suffering from cancer that this person, I can't call Dr, ignored since she received a good weak up call from a specialist who told her where to send my sister????is this a doctor?

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010