Ratings for Dr. Troy D. Lowell

Workmans Comp forced my Fiance to see him. When we did, he only talked about himself, fixing her with back surgery, using, "Rods and screws". When we said, we'll have to think about it, office visit was over. The next day he sent some W.C. paperwork in to the adjuster, and lied. He said she was at "MMI" which cut our checks off, as well as NOT telling the truth. Since we didn't make an appt. for his surgery, he lied, and said she is fine, and can go to work, with no restrictions. She can barely move, still. Here is the Florida W.C. statute : Florida law defines maximum medical improvement as the date after which further recovery from, or lasting improvement to, an injury or disease can no longer reasonably be anticipated, based upon reasonable medical probability; Fla. Statute 440.02(10). Defined another way, it simply means you have reached a plateau in your recovery. There are no other invasive or curative type treatments that would improve your condition resulting from the work injury. See the word, "INVASIVE", above ? That would be back surgery. He wrote nothing down, except that she is just fine, to go back to work. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SICK, GREEDY, LYING PIECE OF GARBAGE. !!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

I had lower back surgery and as of now I don't have any complication to the procedure. Everyone in of staff, Nancy, and Dr Lowell have been great, thank you

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

After dealing with intermittent numbness in my right arm and a pain in my left leg for 15 years, I decided to se a doctor about it. Lots of practices to choose from in Ocala and many were included in my insurance plan. Good thing that I chose Dr. Lowell. I have NEVER been to a medical practice that is run this efficiently. The front office staff is friendly and efficient and just a pleasure to be around. Nancy Anderjack and Dr.Lowell both will take whatever time is needed to listen to you and explain the course of treatment in a language that is easy to understand. I needed ACDF of C4,5 and 6 and thanks to Dr. Lowell and Nancy the surgery went perfectly. My leg pain is due to a worn out hip so I will address that next. We hear a lot of complaining these days about the alleged crappy state of the medical profession and in some cases, that may be deserved. I can tell you this, if you trust your care to Dr. Lowell and his staff you will be treated like family. Robert S. Ocala

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

My injury is work related. After reading all of the posts about Dr Lowell denying workmens comp injuries are valid I was sure he would refute my injuries too. I was sent by the carrier from Summit to Dr Lowell as a second opinion. Dr Stevenson in Gainesville recommended another ACDF of c4-5 and c5-6 .Dr Lowell studied my two MRIs side by side, he listened to me as I explained how the symptoms from the previous ACDF had returned from the c6-7 operation. Dr Lowell agreed that I needed the additional operation and even took the time to counsel me on the seriousness of this new operation and how I should allow for additional healing time that I would not bounce back as easily from this operation as I did from the first one. My attorney was impressed with Dr Lowells level of expertise in approving this second operation. What most people dont understand is the doctors have to visibly identify the underlying case in a workmens comp case to be able to treat that injury. This was explained to me by Dr Lowell in a previous back injury from work which was soft tissue damage and did not require surgery. Understand, he is bound by a set of complicated guidelines he must follow. He gains nothing from concurring with the original doctor on my case. He did the right thing...Joanne B. Gainesville

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr.Lowell and I use the term loosely( doctor), is a workers comp doctor and a fraud. He told me I was fused and everything looks good by looking at an MRI. That is not possible!! My new doctor says I have a non union that means it did not fuse and things look bad. Also do trust the nurse case manager with the initials C.M. she is bad news. They will lie for w.c. and they don't care what happens to you. B. Y.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

If workers comp wants a bias opinion in their favor,believe me they will send you to Lowell. He is all about the money not your health. His message state (our job is to get you back to work)it should say(Our job is make you feel better.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Worst dr in world never ever ever go to him his nurse is a joke will try to put words in your mouth in trust worthy even receptionist up front tell u he is no good don't go to him..

flag | Submitted January 5, 2014

I never had a conversation with the Dr. himself just his P.A.'s

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

Had my knee replaced less than a year ago and its coming apart. I had to find someone else I could trust to fix my knee right this time. Hopefully there will be no complications to this knee replacement.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Don't go to this doctor....very bad..we had to wait 3 months then he has very bad bedside manners and does'nt listen to your problems...

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Dr. Troy D. Lowell's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1988)

GHI