Ratings for Dr. Troy D. Lowell

After dealing with intermittent numbness in my right arm and a pain in my left leg for 15 years, I decided to se a doctor about it. Lots of practices to choose from in Ocala and many were included in my insurance plan. Good thing that I chose Dr. Lowell. I have NEVER been to a medical practice that is run this efficiently. The front office staff is friendly and efficient and just a pleasure to be around. Nancy Anderjack and Dr.Lowell both will take whatever time is needed to listen to you and explain the course of treatment in a language that is easy to understand. I needed ACDF of C4,5 and 6 and thanks to Dr. Lowell and Nancy the surgery went perfectly. My leg pain is due to a worn out hip so I will address that next. We hear a lot of complaining these days about the alleged crappy state of the medical profession and in some cases, that may be deserved. I can tell you this, if you trust your care to Dr. Lowell and his staff you will be treated like family. Robert S. Ocala

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

My injury is work related. After reading all of the posts about Dr Lowell denying workmens comp injuries are valid I was sure he would refute my injuries too. I was sent by the carrier from Summit to Dr Lowell as a second opinion. Dr Stevenson in Gainesville recommended another ACDF of c4-5 and c5-6 .Dr Lowell studied my two MRIs side by side, he listened to me as I explained how the symptoms from the previous ACDF had returned from the c6-7 operation. Dr Lowell agreed that I needed the additional operation and even took the time to counsel me on the seriousness of this new operation and how I should allow for additional healing time that I would not bounce back as easily from this operation as I did from the first one. My attorney was impressed with Dr Lowells level of expertise in approving this second operation. What most people dont understand is the doctors have to visibly identify the underlying case in a workmens comp case to be able to treat that injury. This was explained to me by Dr Lowell in a previous back injury from work which was soft tissue damage and did not require surgery. Understand, he is bound by a set of complicated guidelines he must follow. He gains nothing from concurring with the original doctor on my case. He did the right thing...Joanne B. Gainesville

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr.Lowell and I use the term loosely( doctor), is a workers comp doctor and a fraud. He told me I was fused and everything looks good by looking at an MRI. That is not possible!! My new doctor says I have a non union that means it did not fuse and things look bad. Also do trust the nurse case manager with the initials C.M. she is bad news. They will lie for w.c. and they don't care what happens to you. B. Y.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

If workers comp wants a bias opinion in their favor,believe me they will send you to Lowell. He is all about the money not your health. His message state (our job is to get you back to work)it should say(Our job is make you feel better.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Worst dr in world never ever ever go to him his nurse is a joke will try to put words in your mouth in trust worthy even receptionist up front tell u he is no good don't go to him..

flag | Submitted January 5, 2014

I never had a conversation with the Dr. himself just his P.A.'s

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

Had my knee replaced less than a year ago and its coming apart. I had to find someone else I could trust to fix my knee right this time. Hopefully there will be no complications to this knee replacement.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Don't go to this doctor....very bad..we had to wait 3 months then he has very bad bedside manners and does'nt listen to your problems...

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

I agree with the workers compensation comments, it looks like if you have medicare your golden you get fixed, if you have workers comp he just tells the patient whatever the insurance company wants to hear just to drum up more business and get vacations like the other post said. He told me the same thing, he couldnt help me, I had to get another opinion and the doctor disagreed with Dr Lowell, what a joke but I guess its how the game is played. My case manager also had 2 other patients Dr Lowell was seeing that day, would love to hear what they had to say.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010

I agree with the workers comp statement above, if he finds out you are on workers comp he sides with them, I had to have a second opinion and the doctor ordered immediate surgery and couldnt believe the first opinion. 2 doctors disagreed with the doctor.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Dr. Troy D. Lowell's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1988)