Ratings for Dr. Alix G. Casler

I had an appointment schedule with my son for his annual physical at Dr Alix Casler, M.D., F.A.A.P. of Physician's Associate o. . .After cheking in the receptionist told me they couldnt see us . I said why not, she said Dr Casler was to busy to see us. I said how come. The supervisor came out and explained too me that Dr Casler was too busy, and the physical takes too long to do, and if my child was sick they would try to get him in. I reply that I am not asking you to make a special spot for him, but just that the appointment that was made be honor. In addition, I pointed out to the fact this appointment was made two months ago, he was taking out of school, not to mention rearranging my schedule. Her final reply was that's how it work in Doctor's office. Finally, I asked if I am able to speak with Dr Casler, and she said that the Doctor said she would not. So, Dr Casler could not come out long enough to say "Hey I am sorry they overbooked me, but I will not be able to see you.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Unprofessional & Arrogant! For several years I really liked Dr. Casler. However, after my two oldest children were diagnosed with mild Aspergers and mild Autism, I chose not to further immunize my four young children. Dr. Gagliano(love her!!) was sympathetic/supportive/helpful, but unable to help me because Dr. Casler is lead Doctor. Dr. Casler very coldly and kurtly DROPPED me from her practice!! She wouldn't even *discuss* my concerns about immunizations. She literally led me to the exit like I was a criminal!!! I'm thankful now, because we now see Dr. Cornelia Franz, The Franz Center,(going on 7years),who is PHENOMENAL(!!!),as she offers both the typical-western allopathic medicine as well as Alternative medicine(my preference!). Bottom line, NO Doctor has the right to treat a Mother so disrespectfully; it's a parent's RIGHT to protect her children from anything(including vaccines) that she deems unsafe or questionable without fear of being rudely expelled from a doctor's office.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Casler is a wonderful dr with great bedside manner. We did change to a new pediatrician after 5 years. She was great w immunizations she listened to concerns. However she missed some signs. Borderline developmental delays, headsize/growth. My daughter was diagnosed at 5 with dandywalker variant and hydrocephalus. She had to be shunted in the right ventricle of her brain. luckily she is excelling now still a happy loving child. We were just uncomfortable with keeping her after such a big miss in my child's health.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

She is an amazing dr. She is patient, punctual, kind, and wonderful with my kids. She takes the time to research and explain issues. I HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO SWITCH! She is amazing!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr Casler is by far the best pediatrician EVER!!!!!!! Been going to her for my children for over 6 years now and just LOVE her. She is knowledgable, personable and truly loves her patients. She shows how much she cares for her patients. I know that I am not the only one that has received a call from her after hrs to check on a sick child. My children love her and now I am sad because my son is getting older and feels more comfortable with a man so for now she will remain my daughters Dr. Oh and she also has partnered up with Dr Gagliano who is also very good. Love them both.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

By far the best pediatrician I've ever dealt with. She has taken care of both of my daughters since birth. I am not a fan of the phone service, you have to pay a copay if you call to talk to a nurse for advice...it's more worth it to pay the copay to get to see Dr. Casler. But, she is fantastic. Excellent bedside manner, my girls love her and so do I.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

I Love Dr. Casler. She was my daughter doctor for one year until we moved. When my daughter was born she lost a lot of weight and we were having a lot of problems with breastfeeding. Dr. Casler was very understanding and referred us to lactation consultants and even called me in the evening after hours to see how feedings were going to assess if my daughter needed to be seen, receive supplemental formula, etc. She was a godsend and I do not know what we would have done without her!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

If my children somehow had a weird/horrible illness, Dr. Casler is who I would want to treat them. Her staff is nice, but the phone system is sloooow. Sometimes there is a wait, but that is because she doesn't rush.I appreciate that! She has been my girls' Ped. for at least 8 years. She is wonderful. She is a Mom and a real person. She always has a good book to recommend. If she is unsure of something, she says so. Everyone I know loves her! most importantly, my children do. I wish she could be my Dr.!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

Dr. Alix G. Casler's Credentials

• Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Farmington Ct 06032 (Grad. 1987)

Commercial Insurance Company