Ratings for Dr. R. Blake Gibb

Meh. I think his work and diagnostics is quite repetitious. You can tell by his demeanour and monotone voice that he literally tells woman the same thing day after day. I believe what he does can help some people, but I don’t believe that he necessarily had the desire to make sure his patients are put on the right care plan. I would look for someone that doesn’t use blanket diagnosis for everyone and creates more individual care plans and treatment programs for his patients.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I saw Dr. Gibb for the first time 3 months ago when I was not taking any supplements. He patiently and carefully explained my test results and gave me 9 supplements and thyroid medicine. That was a sudden change and my body did not take it well. He did not explain to me how and when to take the supplements and he did not talk to me on the phone and he charges for email communications. So I let go of the idea of getting some consultation from him although I had paid 300 CAD for my visit. A month later I had another test for thyroid and emailed him to ask if he received my test results. He emailed a few days later and said I needed refill. I sent him pharmacy info and he was supposed to send my prescription to the pharmacy. Two days passed, I ran out of pills, I called and his receptionist did not even care to hear my concern and said I should email him. I emailed him and he answered four days later and just said "Sorry". I did not have pills for one week and since it was a hormone medicine it messed me up. I think he should have more compassion for people especially when he charges such high amounts for visits.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

A few years back , I read all they hype on bio-identical hormones. I read ALL the books (Suzanne Somers, M. Platt, etc .).........drank the Koolaid so to speak, so off I went to see Dr. Gibb to prescribe the miracle hormones to change my life. I was all gung-ho. About 3 weeks into the hormones I had such excruciating ovarian pain I could hardly walk up to my office building. I had a few adjustments in dosage etc. but the pain was unbearable. I gained 20 pounds in one month (I've never been a heavy person 5'7, 140 pounds). I had no relief from hot flashes either. These hormones were pure poison in my body. That was my personal experience. I stopped and it took about 2 weeks for the pain to leave my body and a couple months for my weight to return to normal. Dr. Gibb was nice enough though, but those bio hormones were deadly for me.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

I've been going to doc gibb for eight years. He could talk the ear off a dead horse. He changed my life and I love him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

person who posted below July 5th. I would appreciate the name of the other doctor you are using...I am a complicated case! thanks.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr. Gibb is very very good at what he does however for more complicated cases I found he lacked a bit. I have since moved on to another doctor but I do highly recommend Dr. Gibb if you are an easy case.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I love the idea behind what dr Gibb is doing, and I do believe that hormone replace my therapy can work for SOME people. Unfortunately his intolerance for people that have any sort of questions makes him someone I would never recommend. He becomes very irritates and condescending when asked for any clarification on his prescription or diagnosis. When I asked him if he thought I would need to stay on progesterone for the rest of my life, he told me that I probably shouldn't have any more children if I didn't think I could afford the $40 a month for the cream. Incredibly rude and condescending guy. I can see where his son , Dr. In Peterborough gets his personality from. It's scary that there are actually still Dr.s out there that feel they are above anyone asking about their diagnosis. This makes them very very dangerous. He told me I should read Susan Summers book on hormones!! Right, because we should all be taking hormone advise from an actor. Good luck, be careful.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

all i got for $100 is a list of vitamins i could buy next door at the medicine shop and a receipe for granola

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I went to Dr. Gibb as he was recommended by a friend. After running my bloodwork, and everything came back 'normal' he put me on progesterone cream. When I asked why, he asked if I was stressed, and said it may help. My first appointment was about 20-30 min, my follow up was approximately 10-15 min. $300 for 45 min? When I sent him and email asking for some clarification, his response was check the print out I gave you. Would never recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr. Gibb has been my hormone dr for 2 years. He has helped me get my hormonal acne under control finally after twenty years of this! My moods feel much more balanced. Very impressed with his knowledge. He can sometime seem like he is rushing just take the time you need and ask questions. He will answer them.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015