Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Oliver

His after care sucks.. after 6 weeks they don’t want anything to do with you even if you have infection over and over and have been hospitalized in different counties.. very rude, unprofessional staff!!!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Dr. Oliver is a wonderful doctor. I have seen a previous review and could not understand how you can blame a doctor for having to go to pain managment. I had a previous fusion done to my neck by another doctor and had to be in pain managment for the rest of my life. Then seven months ago i was in a car accident, and thanks to DR. Oliver, he was able to do fix the mess in my neck. He has shown me compasion. I am not fond of Monroe hospital at all, but this does not reflect my opinion of Dr. Oliver. He was amazing, and so was his surgical staff. Big shout out to Ashley. I have always known that pain managment, would be a part of my life, this comes with the process. No doctor can give you the out come of any surgery. If they could then they would be God and the first doctor, would have told me what the out come would have been. Thank you Dr. Oliver. My surgery, is just a week out, and it was a very complex surgery, but i felt so safe and trusted you a hundred percent. So thank you again. I would recomend him to anyone, who needs any type of surgery. It is a patients responsbility, to ask doctors questions. I asked as many questions as i could, that related to my situation and all my questions had been answered. My husband even went to see him with his neck situation, and DR. Oilver was extremely honest and upfront, and he was the second opinion for my husband, so we knew, he was honest and upfront. He is not just going to start cuting you open, unless it is necessary. I want everyone i saw the statement about the staff, Yes i had an issue with one person, but the manager, took care of it right away. people today need to learn to handle things in a professional manner. Not every staff member is going to be as nice as others. But, with the expection of one person, every other staff member in his office, has treated us with the utmost respect, and kindness. So before you go to a surgeon, who just wants to start cutting you up, MEET WITH DR,. OLIVER HE IS HONEST, AND FORTHCOMING. Thank you all again.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

He is a good surgeon, but remember, he is not concerned with the state you are left in after the surgery. It is 14 weeks since cervical fusion and I am in worse pain than before the surgery. Having a terrible time getting referral to pain management. Called 1 week ago, and his nurse still has not called me back. Thought surgery could help, now I am just going to be a pain management patient for a long time.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Mark D. Oliver's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)