Ratings for Dr. Chris N. Okonkwo

My child has been going and see Chris Okonkwo for now 12 years. Not one problem with this place. I pay out of pocket prices are not bad.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

After starting this commenting thing, I realized that the reason I got the treatment I got was because I am white! Their staff told me that they were "ghetto" and if I didn't like it to go else where because they all are. Then the Dr. denied to see my child, when I asked why there was no answer given, but it is because I am white!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

He's always been a great doctor for my kids have stayed with them since I first moved to Ocala.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

I called the office at 330 to get a sick appointment due to my 1 year old being lethargic with a fever of 104.3 I was told to take him to mrmc. They diagnosed him with strep just by looking at him & prescribed amoxicillan. A week later he was getting worse instead of better & also started having diarrhea & vomiting. They gave me an appt for the next day where Dr Siddiqui prescribed him with Albuterol & a nebulizer as well as decided to change his antibiotic to cefdinir. The next day he broke out in a rash on his face that continually got worse. On thanksgiving day i called & on call told me to stop all meds & come in tomorrow at 1130. When he woke up fri he was covered from head to toe in red bumps similar to hives. I decided to not wait for my appt & rushed him to shands er where i was told he had a viral infection. When i brought him back yesterday 2 weeks after he first became sick due to excessive diarrhea & an awful diaper rash. I tried to explain what Shands told me & all Dr Okonkwo wanted to do was argue with me that they were wrong. Refused to look at my son and told me I needed to find a new pediatrician. Even tho he agreed Dr Siddiqui shouldn't have given him an antibiotic for a viral infection. I left in tears. Dr okonkwo has been my daughter s pediatrician for almost 7 years and my sons for a year i could not believe how rude & inconsiderate he was not to mention he could care less my son was sick & in pain. I am so disgusted with his bed side manner i will be reporting him to medicaid. If everyone on here that has had issues with him would do so as well we could be heard & make sure he his reported for his actions something can be done

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

This by far is the worst dr you can bring your children to, they are very unprofessional and do not care about your childs well being.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Very patient and kind, loves kids and greatly informative! Helped my child and prescribed a great medicine when my child was sick.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Staff unprofessional. My daughter was improperly weighed, by 17 pounds! The nurse practitioner is rude yelled at us. She lied telling us the doctor would be in to see us and he was never in the building. I called Dr. Okonkwo to talk to him about my treatment. He laughed and to me to find another doctor that he had many other patients to take care of. I told him that was an awful thing to say and that my child should matter. He again laughed said have a good day and hung up on me! The wait times are ridiculous, to only receive service that is unprofessional. The nurse smacked her hands in front of my face and yelled that she was a nurse practitioner. I stepped back thinking she was going to hit my face. When I told doctor this he laughed. I said it wasn't funny he said alright and laughed more. Parents, find a doctor with class. He doesn't have any!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

This is by far the most unprofessional doctor i have EVER COME ACROSS. He does not care about children, my son bumped his head 5 seconds before he walked in and this man had the nerve to scold me, he didn't ask if my son was okay or anything just seemed aggravated that he was crying. The reason we were coming in to see him was because my son had a buildup of white stuff on the inside of his penis, and i was concerned. Dr.Onkonkwo yelled at me telling me im not supposed to clean it or pull the skin back EVER, even though the other staff members told me im supposed to. When i mentioned that i have been going to his office for a year and never met him he told me " Im releasing you from my practice" he literally had me in tears the way he was talking to me. WORST DOCTOR EVER.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

Dr. Chris Okonkwo is very unprofessional. Gave my child the wrong diagnosis and prescribed the wrong breathing medication. Eventually he began literally waving his arms in the air like some kind of animal. He was also rude to my child. Dr Chris Okonkwo is probably bipolar because one minute he is laughing and the next he is extremely rude. Very scary this man is in the position he is in. Keep your kids away from Dr Okonkwo.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Chris N. Okonkwo's Credentials

• Univ Of Lagos, Coll Of Med, Lagos, Nigeria (Grad. 1987)

HIP