You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Louis H. Barr

My husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was told his best shot at survival was an operation called a whipple. Dr. Barr agreed to do this very tedious surgery. He treated myself and my husband with respect and dignity. He performed this complicated surgery on my husband on April 13,2012. The surgery lasted about 9 hours. He sent me updates from the operating room. We had no health insurance and Dr. Barr charged us exactly twenty five dollars for the surgery. He followed my husband's case for over a year providing every possible solution to treating this deadly disease. He worked tirelessly for days and months trying to save him. During this time I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Dr. Barr performed a double mastectomy for me and checked on my during reconstruction by another DR. When my husband passed away, he called me personally to offer his condolences. Last week I had a nipple replacement and Dr. Barr came up to check on me. He is a wonderful Doctor and I am grateful.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

I am a medical student that has worked closely with Dr. Barr both in the OR and in his clinic. I'm not sure about the previous commenter, but I would like to vouch for Dr. Barr's knowledge and skill. He is an extremely able surgeon and a genius doctor. He knows ALL of the evidence-based guidelines, he is ALWAYS up to date on the latest literature and will do what is best for you in the long run. He will present your case to the Breast Cancer Conference if there is ever any doubt or room for flexibility, and he will get opinions from radiologists, fellow surgeons, and oncologists. He had a personal medical problem 6 months ago but is back in practice doing better than ever. His patients love his affability - he will look you in the eye when he talks to you. He also does a very thorough history and physical, which is very important for diagnosing anybody. He is extremely organized and adept in the OR, once again doing only what is evidence-based. Highly recommended doctor and surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Was told by Dr. Barr, that the tumor in my breast was nothing, he's felt these before and it was only a cyst and to come back in 6 months when/if i got insurance. Within 48 hours was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer. Sure am glad I didn't bet my life on his mis-diagnoses. Cold, arrogant and wasn't even apologetic when told of his error. Un-believeable!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

Dr. Louis H. Barr's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1973)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=454628'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from &quot;Louis&quot; to &quot;Louis H.&quot;

October 20, 2013
  • Specialty changed from "Orthopedic Surgeon" to "Surgeon"

January 29, 2013