Ratings for Dr. Myeong W. Kang

Took my 96-year-old father to Dr. Kang for a followup appointment after a fall and a visit to the ER. We were mostly interested in getting help caring for him since he can't do much on his own now. He told us we were wasting his time because his insurance wouldn't take care of him. After continuing to ask why it wouldn't when the insurance book said it was covered, he just kept saying it wouldn't but he did finally agree to put in the referral. When I asked him a question, he replied that he just told me!! He said that about three times, instead of just repeating the answer to my question. Rather than explain anything to us to begin with, he just admonished us for not knowing any better, was very sarcastic, condescending, insulting, and showed no empathy toward his patient. didn't even examine the huge hematoma from his fall. Needless to say, my dad has never liked going to this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I love his style. I guess he can rub certain people the wrong way. I have been going to Dr Kang for years and he has been very helpful all those years. He definitely knows his stuff but he admitted to me that doctors are not very smart and if your kid is smart, don't send him to medical school. When's the last time your doctor told you that?

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Has been my doctor for 7 years. Has been very interested in my physical condition and any problems i've been experiencing. Makes suggestions and asks if i'm carrying them out, and if not, why. Has referred me to 2 other doctors that i have found to be very good Doctors in their fields. His office staff leaves something to be desired, but the nurse is very good.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

I went to himwhen I was new to ocala because I have various chronic conditions including one that can be fatal so I needed a gp fast. At first he was great.Then he turned on me, rolling eyes, asking questions then telling me he didn't want to hear the answers, and condicended me.He only refered me to his specialist friends one of which screamed at me in front of his nurse for fifteen minutes and then fired me as a patient.The other charged me for surgery everytime I went in and didn't accept my insurance did Dr. Kang became nice during the period I was seeing his friends however.When I asked to go to UF for another opinion he became irate and said he was bringing in a nurse to witness that visit because of me being difficult. In front of his nurse he towed the line on his behaviour thank God.Today I went back to see him as my second opinion did work in ways but not in others so I wanted a different reference. He was rude, mean, and I am looking for new gp. Neverbeen treated thisbad.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

I JUST WOULD NOT GO BACK DID NOT FEEL HE CARED WHAT I HAD TO SAY OR WHAT MY PAST DR'S HAD TO SAY .JUST WANTED TO GIVE MEDICATION .

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Was treated as a hypochondriac and talked down to as a child. Refused to refer me to specialist for health issues i already had documented!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

I absolutely second the first rating on this doctor. He treated me in exactly the same manner. This guy is sneaky he starts out friendly like he is your best friend and really concerned. Then he turns on you with not only how stupid you are but how stupid your previous doctor was as well. Then he starts tearing down everything you ever believe or thought. He thinks he is smarter than God. Don't waste time with this guy. Tell your family dog he will give you better medical advise.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

ON MY FIRST VISIT DR DID NOT SEEM CARE WHAT I WANTED DID WRITE MY SCRIPS BUT QUESTIONED MY INTELLIGENCE FOR SOME THINGS HE TOLD ME WHAT HE THINKS I NEED DID NOT CARE ABOUT MY OPINION ONLY HIS OWN DOES NOT WANT TO HEAR ANY OF YOUR INPUT TOLD ME I DID NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT HE GAVE ME SAMPLES OF DRUG I PUT IN GARBAGE WHEN I LEFT AND TORE UP ALL SCRIPTS HE WROTE EXCEPT FOR 2 MY REGULAR MED'S VERY ARROGANT HE TURNED WITH OUT A GOOD BYE OR HAND SHAKE AND WALKED AWAY FROM ME WITH HIS BACK TURNED SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS AND STATING HE WAS SMARTER THAN I THOUGHT HE WAS WELL THAT DID TELL ME HOW SMART HE IS AND I WASTED MY 20.00 NEVER HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS AT A DR'S OFFICE IT WAS VERY UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE AND WAS VERY UP SET WHEN I LEFT WENT BACK TO MY OLD DR I GUESS I HAVE A NEW APPRECIATION FOR HIM NOW AND WILL STAY WITH HIM AS LONG AS HE PRACTICES

flag | Submitted September 25, 2008

Dr. Myeong W. Kang's Credentials

• Chonpuk Natl Univ Med Sch, Jeonju, So Korea (Grad. 1990)