Ratings for Dr. Frederick Hoover

Great doctor, takes time with his patients, draws pictures, and explains everything to ensure you understand. Dr. Hoover is vet honest, and gives you options.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

Dr Fred Hoover diagnosised a problem (non ob/gyn problem) that my family physician and 3 specialists could not. Luck or just paying attention? Also, Dr Hoover gives you the time you deserve, ie., doesn't talk to you with his head hanging inside the door, ready to dash off to his next patinet as one of my (former) doctors did. I'm a long-time patient of Fred Hoovers and cannot say enough good things!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

Dr Hoover delivered my last baby 20 years ago and now both my daughters are patient because of the excellant care that I received. I'm a RN who has seen many doctors and the way they treat their patients and Dr. Hoover is one of the most caring.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

Years ago I came to a practice that included Doctors Hoover and Stern. I first saw Dr. Stern and had all the classic symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy. I even asked him if it could possibly be an ectopic pregnancy. He insisted I was fine and should come back in four weeks. I continued to have and call about the classic symptoms. I had an appointment with Dr. Hoover next and he also said to come back later. I offered to pay for my own sonogram. On the day it was conducted, the nurse gasped as the tiny hands, body and beating heart were found - in my fallopian tube. I went to emergency surgery but I had already ruptured and had been bleeding into my abdomen. I was told I was lucky to be alive. I wanted a way to make these Drs accountable but an attorney told me the only way to get a mark on their record would be to sucessfully sue and that was nearly impossible since Doctors won't testify against each other.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

The best!!I would not use anyone else.He knows everything about a womens body and how to fix. I was referred to him years ago by a hospital nurse ( best reference you can get). He has fixed my problems every time, and always takes the time to explain and answer your questions.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Frederick Hoover's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)