Ratings for Dr. John Izzard

Excellent doctor, however new receptionist, she is very rude. The receptionist and I made an arrangement for payment by cheque that was not to be cashed until June 29th, however blames Dr. Izzard for cashing it early causing my bank to charge me a 47.50 NSF charge. A week later I get a letter in the mail informing me that I owe the dentist a 20 NSF fee in addition to what my bank charged me. When I spoke with her regarding this matter, not only was she rude about it and blamed the dentist for cashing the cheque early. This matter could have been easily avoided if notes were posted on the cheque, however no notes were made. No apology was offered and to add insult to injury after I tell her I will find another dentist she responds with "well if you are going to find another dentist than we will keep the 20$ NSF charge". I found this comment to be unprofessional and spiteful given that I already agreed to pay the 20$ NSF but expressed my disappointment that this incident even occurred. So in total, Dr. Izzard's services cost me 67.50 in NSF for a mistake she made. When I told her I would find a new doctor, her response was that it was sad I was leaving over 20$. Does she not get it that I am leaving because of the level of professionalism. I have been a patient of Dr. Izzard for 13 years and to be treated this way disgusts me. Since old receptionist left and she replaced her I feel the level of service has diminished. Our conversation ended with her hanging up on me, only to have me call the office back to cancel my daughter's next appointment. This is horrible treatment for a client that has been with this dentist for so long.

Submitted July 12, 2016

I will be leaving your office for the following reasons: Front desk person is very rude and unprofessional and that won't get you anywhere near my wallet!! I don't think anyone should be subjected to her abrasive and rude treatment. Very sorry because you are a FANTASTIC dentist!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Ive been visiting this office for as long as I can remember. Started with Dr. Robertson, and then Dr. Izzard after the Dr. R's retirement. He is a fantastic dentist, and the entire staff is beyond comparison. I never wait for long (under 10 minutes) and will commute to this office should I ever move away from the city.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. John Izzard is a pleasant, congenial, knowledgeable dentist considerably let down by an unpleasant, coarse front desk receptionist. A visit to this office can be a challenging experience given the unpleasant manner of this employee. As well, one must point out the inordinate "wait times" which are inappropriate given that the practice does not appear to be all that busy. There is also a decided lack of urgency on the part of the support staff that is troubling considering the fairly substantial cost of a visit to this office. I personally like Dr. Izzard, but I have decided to seek professional dental services elsewhere in downtown Ottawa as I would prefer not to have to deal with his excessively rude receptionist.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

Tops, been going to him and his former partner, Dr. Ron Robinson, for 40+ years. Most highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

John Izzard is super! Our entire adult family goes to him and have referred others over the last ten years. He engages, he explains, he does not push procedures but you feel you have made an informed decision with him. He has identified issues that medical doctors have not figured out. He does his own root canals and other procedures that many dentists outsource. Great staff; good location. Obviously, I could go on and on but I'm sure any reader gets it by now....give him a try....you'll go nowhere else after your've met him....John: you make visiting the dentist (almost)a pleasure! - Connie W.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2008

Very nice and very helpful. I have a lot of dentristry work done and he is the absolute best freezer I have ever encountered. He is very prescise, and well composed. Accepts new paitients and is how I ended up there a few years ago. I live out of town and do commute as I will not switch - he is a great dentist!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2006