Ratings for Dr. Fred Hui

He has treated my family and has solved a problem for my father when no other specialist could. He is unmatched in his knowledge as he works with multiple disciplines as well as being a truly compassionate and caring person with excellent bedside manners. Highly recommend​ seeing him

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I called this doctors office. I have found him helpful in the past but here I learned that I need to pay the first time fee again. When I asked why, I learned they throw your file after you have not visited them a little while. I think this is abusing the system. This doctor is still using OHIP but he is throwing all your information if you dont visit him frequently. Dr H does not want to be a family physician though and asks you to get one as he cant take care of everything but he does not want to know about you if you don't go ther once a year or close. This is a money making machine. While I used the good rating to guide me thenfirst time, I now wonder if the good t star ratings are real or they are paying people to post for them.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Dr H is by far the best doctor I have ever seen and will ever see. His knowledge is extensive; the best way to describe him is a diagnostic treatment genius. Dr H understands the workings of the human body and biochemical processes like no other. Dr H is a true healer, with a love for medicine and his patients; he answered his calling and the field of medicine has truly benefited. Being an Integrative Medicine Physician, Dr H has a toolbox full of all things medical to achieve health for his patients. He is ahead of his time. Prior to seeing Dr H, I was was well on the road to disability. In Aug '17 I had an appointment with him (I was optimistic after reading reviews but guarded). His assistant took a thorough history and Dr H came in, reviewed the history and tests, and asked questions that all lead to a diagnosis and treatment plan with further testing. His care did not finish there; he fully explained to me what was going on in terms I could understand as well as gave me information and further reading so I could be informed and educated on my illness. His highly qualified assistant then further explained the treatment plan -prescriptions with the correct dosage, vitamins that I was low in, and required food nutrition modifications- then he typed it up and gave me copies. To say I was impressed was an understatement. Within days after starting the treatment I was feeling better than I have felt in years. It's been a few months now and I do not feel sick anymore. Dr H's team from his Admin staff to his Assistants and Lab Techs are highly skilled and trained professionals and all have a part in what makes this office successful. Now yes! There is a cost of a couple hundred dollars (running a clinic isn't cheap), but is has been the best money I have ever spent. What's few hundred when you can feel like a million bucks. TM

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

Shocker, just another fabulous review for Dr. H: I am in my early 20's and I have struggled with inflammatory arthritis for the past few years. I had seen rheumatologists, but all they ever wanted to do was put me on anti-inflammatories or methotrexate to suppress my symptoms. Not their fault. I had great experiences with each rheumatologist I saw, they were just not equipped with the same knowledge Dr. H has about medicine. Like almost every comment on here, Dr. H truly addresses the underlying issue with your condition, rather than just treating the symptoms on the surface. When I came to Dr. H I had sore, arthritic hands, feet, and right knee. The right knee was also swollen like a balloon - I couldn't even bend it to 120 degrees! I began to see Dr. H back in January 2017 and now in October I am 99% symptom free. - Antibiotics - Hydrogen Peroxide - Ozone Therapy - Diet Modifications ^These are what Dr. H used to fix me. The Antibiotics, Hydrogen Peroxide, & Ozone Therapies were all used to fight off the bacteria causing my infection. I was seeing gradual improvement when I used Antibiotics with 1 treatment of H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) per week, but I saw DRASTIC improvement when I changed over to the Ozone Therapy with Antibiotics. I was seeing noticeable and lasting improvements already DURING the Ozone treatment! I felt noticeably better after each treatment than before! However Ozone Therapy is more costly, but it works faster, so it's a Time vs Money dilemma when comparing it to the H2O2 option. Lastly, Dr. H also recommended I go take a food sensitivity test that ended up revealing that I was sensitive to Wheat, Nuts, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, etc. so many other things. I ended up adopting a Paleo Diet in January and I noticed a strong correlation between the food I was eating and my flare ups. The good news is that I had been told by Dr. H (& read this on the internet) that food sensitivities do not always last forever. By Summer of 2017, my disease had been weakened by Dr. H's treatments and I was noticing I was able to start introducing foods back into my diet that I used to react to. In summary, as my disease has weakened, I have been able to reintroduce foods into my diet that once produced inflammatory reactions. In the past month or two I have now successfully introduced Wheat back into my diet. I can eat pizza, pasta, etc. now without having ANY reaction. I am now left with Dairy & Nuts as foods that I still react to, but if I keep these out of my diet, I am 100% OK. Anyway, I really wanted to come here to give Dr. H an amazing review because he truly deserves it. This man is going against-the-grain by practicing "unconventional" medicine & he is constantly having to fend off angry rheumatologists (and other health care professionals) who do not agree with how he does things and for some reason think he is not acting in the best interest of his patients. His ratings on this website prove otherwise as he is the highest rated MD in the Toronto area out of +3000 MDs! Kudos to Dr. H for not giving into the conventional way of medicine and challenging the notion that autoimmune diseases cannot be cured. LOL @ anyone trying to take Dr. H down! Look at all the patients on here standing behind him! I also believe he works long hours (usually 9-7pm most days of the week!). I really get the feeling that Dr. H really cares a lot about making a difference in people's lives! :D

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. H is a Doctor who understands people and their conditions. After seeing how well he treated my wife's Chrohn's Disease (which was actually a misdiagnosis - it was actually a parasite), I wanted to visit him to discuss a pain I had been experiencing off and on for over 20 years. What I love about Dr. H is that he wants to get to the root of the problem, rather than just treat a symptom. I thought that the pain I was experiencing was stress-related, and previous doctors had told me I just had to find ways to deal with it. Dr. H and his staff on the other hand asked me a series of questions to better understand me as a person. He checked the location of the pain, along with other areas, related this to my spine, and twisted my body to understand what might have been causing me this pain. He discovered that certain positions and movements caused discomfort. He then manipulated my back and I immediately felt less pain in the area. He not only helped to alleviate the problem, but also explained in easy to understand terms what was causing the problem and how he was able to rectify it. I will gladly return to Dr. H should I experience any issues again in the future.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I had an amazing experience shadowing Dr. H. He is very knowledgeable and detail-oriented. He approaches every patients holistically, and informs/educates each patients about their symptoms and diagnosis in easy words. He explains the physiology and the mechanisms to each patients. I was very impressed with his care for patients. He understands that some of the current practices only treat the symptoms without treating the root cause. As a result, many symptoms reoccur. However, he insists on finding and treating the root cause and as a result, the patients are more engaged and motivated to be better. His methods of practice are due to his vast amount of clinical experience and knowledge. I believe his approach and methods are the future of medicine.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr. H saved my life. For 26 years I have been suffering terribly with chronic Ulcerative Colitis with this past year having gone to extreme levels and two hospitalizations. What is awful is that not one doctor, in those 26 years of suffering, ever offered to do a simple saliva test to rule out parasites. It was not just any parasite, but E. Histolytica, one of the worst and most damaging. That parasite was eating me alive (this parasite is not detected through stool test, only saliva). Dr. H did that saliva test and the test came back positive. Dr. H advised me on how to treat the parasite and advised on the very specific antibiotics I had to take to get rid of them and to restore my health. Dr. H is my hero. He went out of his way for me. He had a waiting list of over 6 months, and when I contacted him in my desperate state, he made room for me in his schedule and asked his staff to make sure they got me in asap. I live in Boston, MA, where there are supposed to be the best doctors in the country. Boston doctors failed me for 26 years. Dr. H is the first doctor to truly help me significantly, to get to the root of what was making me so sick and to help me on the path of getting my life and my body back. Thank you Dr. H. You are amazing and I am eternally grateful to you. Jennifer Matthews, Boston, MA

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

I agree with the Aug 19 rating. Asked if I had private health coverage before asking my details. Told initial consult $275, on top of OHIP billing I assume. I refused to pay that so got $195. Was told all followups $100. Assistant did all the questions/notes then the self-styled superdoc rushed to a Fibromyalgia label and assigned a bunch of tests, alternative treatmens/meds and supplements none of which are OHIP covered. I am amazed by the glowing account from the student but perhaps Dr. H. took a lot more time to impress with his knowledge of Chinese medicine as he does on his videos. He certainly did not impress me with his attitude. I refused any followup because of the double dipping fee charge on top of OHIP. I have since received most of the tests and medications through my GP and pain specialists. I'm interested to see how many people gave rave ratings - good for them if they received competent treatment but they were willing to pay. Some other critical ratings 2007-9 on Dr. H's pursuit of fame and $$.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I am a Chinese Medicine student from Hong Kong who has one month medical internship with Dr. H in June this year. It is truly my pleasure to meet Dr. H, a great doctor as well as a passionate teacher who has given me so much inspiration. When I first started my shadowing with Dr. H, I was so surprised yet amazed by the way he made the diagnosis and how effective the treatments were. As those groundbreaking discoveries on the physiology of human body and pathology of the disease are something that the medical schools would never teach you, and you could never know it unless you are extremely familiar with the conventional side and at the same time to be very open-minded in order to think out of the box. Base on very careful observations on patients and having a broad exposure to different diseases, Dr. H is able to find out the missing pieces in conventional medicine and with the courage, knowledge and professional judgments to work on the field that no any other doctors are willing to take the risk on. Most importantly, the feedback from patients in terms of the effectiveness and contentedness regarding this type of personalized treatments are often very outstanding. The second thing that I am so impressed and inspired by Dr. H is his personality and his attitude towards his professions. As he always said that you have to help your patients like helping your own family. He is a very sincere and humble gentleman. When he sees his patients are in need, he would do all the researches together with patients and pour everything out from his toolbox (brain) in order to help them. Besides, he is very eager to learn about the new technology so that he can equip himself with the ability to help more people. As a very hard-working, compassionate and talented doctor, he always has good relationships with patients which earn him a high reputation as the no.1 all-rounded doctor at all time. After the one month internship in Dr. H’s clinic, I could never forget what he has taught me about being a good doctor as well as a good person. Dr. H is truly an outstanding doctor with so much knowledge on both conventional and naturopathic medicine. Regarding his profession, he always sets himself a very high standard and strives to be the best. On the other hand, he is a very kind and generous person who regards himself being a doctor as a life mission in helping others in needs more than an ordinary job. Among all the doctors that I knew personally, I would definitely rank him as one of the best doctors I have ever met.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Dr H i treated my for my Thyroid issues and I have never felt better his ways of testing the patient in different views\lenses is what helped him understand my condition. I recommend Dr H to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017