Ratings for Dr. Fred Hui

If you want to start a new chapter in your health or your tired of getting the same answers and still having the same symptoms I would recommend you to allow Him to be your guide. Honesty, integrity, wonderful bedside manner and patience top the list of his attributes as an individual and a doctor. He uses both Western and Eastern medicine so you get the best of both methods. All grounds are covered ! Brilliant! Over the last 10 years of being his patient he has become one of my favourite people in the world and I am sure it is the same for all of his patients. He brought me back to vibrant health after listening to the symptoms I was experiencing and requesting the correct tests and blood work thereafter I began my journey to better health and balanced living. A doctor teaches. This is the meaning of the word. And He does this, he gives you back the power, the innate knowledge of your health that is so rightly ours to begin with. You are kept in the loop with his thoughts and he explains everything so you understand where you are at currently and where you need to go or where he would like to see you reach . We have to work with what we have as our foundation and build from there . I have learned to balance my own health as an individual with His help and I become stronger than I was when I was younger. I swear I am growing younger! I feel amazing ! I go for little tune ups here and there because I love sports and get a few aches and pains. I like to push myself a bit too much. But I have learned to listen to my body . It took time and help and guidance. A good doctor helps like this. We need more like him. I wish everyone had a doctor like him. Humble, kind and always learning himself. His staff are the same !! Wow ! Everyone there is just so lovely ! I feel revived, renewed every time I go ! Better than a spa ! I wish you all luck in deciding to see our Doctor . All my friends and family have seen him. I don't push them , they ask. They have seen me change. And change is a wonderful thing. Good luck everyone in 2017.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Thank you Dr. H. for saving my LIFE!!! If anyone is looking to live their life of Healthy and Energy living and STOP living with health issues that no Doctor seems to have any solutions to, you NEED TO VISIT DR. H.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a 71 year old woman, wife, mother & grandmother and because of Dr. H. I am on the road to recovery and enjoy the Best Healthy LIFE! With my Family! Being a type 2 Diabetic for over 20 years, that caused excess weight gain. Which caused a domino of other health issues. High Blood pressure, chronic Diarrhea, UTI, Ecoli, swollen legs, ankles etc... and had no clue that I was days away of KIDNEY FAILURE! TODAY, I am insulin free, diarrhea free, off 23 medications and finally losing all this bloating and weight gain throughout my entire body. Dr. H is without a doubt EXCEPTIONAL, along with his staff. His outstanding knowledge, patience, understanding and compassion were heart warming and reassuring. I am his biggest fan and would recommend him to EVERYONE! From the bottom of my heart, I Thank you for helping take charge of my life to a road of Healthy Living. With all my gratitude, Mary.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I made an appointment with this doctor 8 months ago and was really looking forward to his help with my health concern. I am a big believer in treating the root cause and not just masking symptoms with medication, which is why I chose to go to this doctor after reading the numerous positive reviews on this site. I can only assume after my visit, that these are paid reviews as my experience was the polar opposite. He has been rated consistently 5 for punctuality when I waited 2 hours for my appointment and there is a sign on his reception desk that says please expect to wait up to 2 hours even with an appointment. I find it very strange that he would still be rated 5 on punctuality if these are valid reviews. Nonetheless, I was happy to wait, thinking I would be getting a detailed assessment and finally getting to the bottom of my concerns. After about an hour and a half, a medical assistant brought me to a room and proceeded to ask me some questions. His english was not very good and I kept having to correct what he wrote, as he was writing the exact opposite of what I said (that is not an exaggeration). I took the time to correct his writing, assuming that the doctor would actually be reading the notes (I should not have concerned myself). When the doctor finally came in and I told him about a reoccurring rash, he proceeded to first tell me he saw nothing - I had already mentioned that I didn't have it at the time and that it comes and goes every few days. He then googled the symptoms and looked at treatments and proceeded to prescribe all the regular 'masking symptoms' medications that were listed under Treatment (on the internet). I said repeatedly that I wanted to get to the root of the problem, but he didn't seem to understand or care. I was very upset as I had waited 8 months just to get an appointment and I could have seen another doctor who actually cared to help treat my issues in that time. This doctor charges OHIP and the patient a hefty sum separately for his 'services' and I could have gone to a walk-in clinic for free with the exact same result or better. This seems unethical and he should not be taking advantage of patients that have real concerns that are affecting their lives the way he did. Please think twice before going to this doctor as I personally don't think any of his reviews could be real after the experience I had here.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Finally, I have experienced a family doctor in Toronto who essentially responded to my health concern with the statement " I want to get to the bottom of your concern and find out what has caused this health concern". In other words, someone who doesn't treat symptoms but wants to find the root cause. What a relief! I landed up via a circuitous route looking for an MD who practices acupuncture as that is the only practitioner my health insurance agrees to reimburse the costs. I have headaches since I was a teenager, which developed into migraines. I had breast cancer followed several years later by a melanoma in situ. Some recurring backproblems too, not to mention brain fog, tiredness, lack of energy, some weekends I would stay in bed to catch up in order to get to work on Monday. After meeting Lawrence in Dr. Hui's office, I realized I was going to have a serious conversation about my health since the questionnaire, lists of medications, questions about surgeries was very detailed. When I met Dr. Hui our conversation was annotated by himself, and his copy given to me for reference. He provided an overview of how he was going to proceed, the reading list that was my part of the relationship, and dealt with the migraine that I had in that appointment. It was so refreshing an experience in Toronto that I remain impressed to this day, as every appointment so far has proceeded the same way: to update my medications, how I feel etc etc. The result has been bio equivalent medication to raise my cortisol levels, which were shown to be flat lining compared to what an average cortisol curve range is expected to show. This alone has made a world of difference in my life. My friends have noticed and for the first time in my life I wake up ready and happy to face the day. Dr. Hui has also tested food sensitivities, recommended acupuncture for the migraines and has essentially, through a vigorous process of analysis, brought me back to life! What an extraordinary Doctor,! His wisdom, patience and thoroughness are a rare gift which the College of Physicians needs to recognize. As past presidents and founding member of various associations; acupuncture, to name just one, Dr. Hui continues to show his interest in viewing the whole person from his vantage point of western and eastern medicine, and developing that point of view here in Toronto. He has given me my life back for which I am very grateful.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

For 15 years I didn’t know what was wrong with me. It started slowly when I was about 26 yrs old and progressed to where I had such fatigue, exhaustion, brain fog. I couldn’t handle even the slightest amount of stress, and I slept 10 hours straight every night, but still woke up tired. My fatigue and exhaustion were so bad that I haven’t been on a vacation since my whole ordeal started. Just packing a suitcase was exhausting and the thought of vacationing was too stressful. I had to quit working full time and go part time. Every day, I waited for the day to end so that I could go to bed to sleep, only to wake up tired again. I also had extremely heavy periods with clots the size of brussel sprouts. My ferritin levels was very low. Despite taking daily iron pills for 30 yrs, my ferritin levels never budged. I told my family doctor that I think I have a low thyroid but my TSH levels came back normal. Then, one day I read an article about Adrenal Fatigue. I had all the symptoms. So, I took B-Complex 50 vitamins like the article suggested. It helped with the brain fog and I was finally able to sleep and wake up refreshed, but I still had fatigue and exhaustion throughout the day and I still wasn’t able to handle any stress. I continued going to my family doctor, insisting I have Adrenal Fatigue, but she didn’t know what it was or how to treat it; and I still suspected that I had a low thyroid but she wouldn’t take extensive tests because my TSH was still normal and she couldn’t refer me to an endocrinologist based on my normal TSH. She told me my periods were normal if they come regularly and that my ferritin doesn’t matter because my hemoglobin is fine!!??? So, after 15 years of feeling like crap, I decided this year (2016) I was going to find out what was wrong with me and get treated. I searched the Internet for good thyroid doctors and found Dr. Hui on a thyroid blog. It was a 4 month wait to see him, but well worth it. Dr. Hui’s assistant took a thorough history and ordered more extensive lab work and a saliva test. As a result, I was put on an iron pill that is better absorbing (to increase my ferritin) and progesterone cream (to decrease my heavy periods). Both worked wonderfully. My periods are half of what they were and with hardly any clots. My ferritin level went up from 12 to 47 in 2 months!! I have no more fast/fluttering heartbeat and I have more energy. After he got back the saliva test, it showed that I have low cortisol levels (Adrenal Fatigue or low adrenal function, as I suspected) Dr. Hui started me on a low dose of Cortef and suggested I take the Adrenal IV drip. But since I’m terrified of needles I couldn’t do it. So instead he put me on Adrenal supplements. I am happy to say that my fatigue, exhaustion and inability to handle stress is greatly improved. I am now able to function at work and at home like everybody else I know. I even have the energy and stamina after a full day, to do light exercises like walking. Lastly, after he took more extensive testing for my thyroid levels, it showed that my T3 was on the low side. So finally, I am on thyroid medication. All this I told my family doctor for years and years. And for 15 years I was left untreated. (I have one more embarrassing symptom I am hoping will resolve, but since I referred people I don’t want to mention it right now. I will do a follow up if it resolves.) Dr. Hui is expensive if you compare him to free, OHIP covered family doctors. However, I looked at 3 other doctors on that Thyroid blog and their initial consult and follow up appointment fees were a bit more than Dr. Hui’s. If you compare Dr. Hui’s fees to other Dr.’s like him (non-OHIP covered doctors) he is a very reasonable price. If I had to spend my money on a new couch/vacation or a piece of jewelry, I would gladly spend it on Dr. Hui. I only wish I had done this sooner, instead of wasting 15 years of my life feeling like crap every day.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I have been going to the Chelation Center in Barrie since 2010. His approach is very very simple. Does it work, keep it. If not forget it. I could see the tremendous pressure he has had to endure from the medical establishment because his approach to medicine and health is not conventional, but he is persistent, and his patients will support him, both for his sake, and their own.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

The doctor has been extremely helpful with an infection when no other medical practitionner was able to help - over many years. I wholly endorse him.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I have had sarcoidosis for the past 15 years. This was diagnosed by UK doctors who told me there was no cure. I was seen on a six monthly basis and whenever symptoms became worse I was offered steroids which I refused as I was it they would only temporarily reduce the lumps not to mention side effects. I have been in Canada for 4 years and visited my GP and naturopaths without any success. My symptoms began to worsen late 2012 and early 2013. Numerous lumps had grown inside my nose which were increasing in size making it difficult for me to breathe, blow my nose and were painful. I also had lumps on the sides of the bridge of my nose (see photo attached) and various other places inside and outside the body. My lungs were also becoming affected to the point where I was out of breath even when sat down having a conversation. I lacked energy and had aches and pains in my joints. It was at this difficult time in my life I once again began looking for alternative treatment/cure for my condition. I was introduced to many practitioners however Dr. Hui’s practice interested me and he came highly recommended by two of my own family members (my brother who has diabetes and my cousin who has heart problems/cancer). I went on Dr. Hui’s website as well as other websites to read about his therapies/treatments. I booked my first consultation in February 2013 and to date continue to visit the Barrie Chelation Centre twice weekly. Dr. Hui was my last resort as he is for many of his patients who have been told by their doctors/surgeons that their only hope is surgery, stronger drugs or like myself that there is no cure. Dr. Hui explained my ill health and how his therapies will affect the body in simple terms making it easy for me to understand. He applied a holistic approach to my condition and referred me for tests to monitor my condition. I can now thankfully say that due to his interventions many of my symptoms are no more or have reduced (see photo attached). Dr. Hui’s Barrie Centre has a very comfortable atmosphere where staff is caring, helpful, friendly and approachable. As I said before Dr. Hui’s patients like me are people who were offered no hope elsewhere or risky operations/medication and he was their last resort. I sit with many of his patients during my visits and listen to their stories of how Dr. Hui has managed to bring them back from extremely ill health with his practice. Many rely on Dr. Hui’s treatment for their good health. I believe Dr. Hui is doing much good for families and the greater society through his practice. I myself have more energy, better health and have been free from sarcoidosis since my treatment. My life is much happier thanks to Dr. Hui.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

i visited dr fred for my allergy which other drs couldn't help and told me to use antihistamine for rest of my life, but thankfully he cured me completely with chelation and found out what was the route of my allergy, thank you dr fred God bless you

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

My husband and I had our first consultation on September 1st. Doctor Fred met and surpassed all of our expectations. After 17 years of both of us experiencing debilitating symptoms (joint pains and neurological) receiving many confusing medical opinions and misdiagnoses, and after trying every drug, therapy, and natural product available, it was such a relief to deal with a doctor who knew exactly what to do with us. His assistant, Mark, was a perfect combination of caring and professionalism. He and Doctor Fred both took the time to look at our list of symptoms, and saw them, not as a baffling list of troublesome, surely exaggerated complaints, but as a fascinating new case to be solved, and each symptom is treated as a clue which, when put all together, present a complete picture of a distinct disease which is then treated aggressively with a specific therapy. While awaiting our DNA test results, we were able to get started on H2O2 I.V. treatments. So far, we have been experiencing the fatigue and usual heightening of symptoms to be expected with the initial few treatments. We will write an update as our treatments progress. If the results of the treatments are as good as the initial visits and we actually do get better, Doctor Fred will need to open a 4th clinic just to accommodate all the many ill friends, relatives and acquaintances we will be referring to him. (We know a lot of people) Yes, you have to pay for everything, but if you, like us, have already exhausted all avenues available that are covered by medicare without seeing any improvement, then this may be the solution for you. Gino and Anne, Quebec

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016