Ratings for Dr. Fred Hui

I agree with the Aug 19 rating. Asked if I had private health coverage before asking my details. Told initial consult $275, on top of OHIP billing I assume. I refused to pay that so got $195. Was told all followups $100. Assistant did all the questions/notes then the self-styled superdoc rushed to a Fibromyalgia label and assigned a bunch of tests, alternative treatmens/meds and supplements none of which are OHIP covered. I am amazed by the glowing account from the student but perhaps Dr. H. took a lot more time to impress with his knowledge of Chinese medicine as he does on his videos. He certainly did not impress me with his attitude. I refused any followup because of the double dipping fee charge on top of OHIP. I have since received most of the tests and medications through my GP and pain specialists. I'm interested to see how many people gave rave ratings - good for them if they received competent treatment but they were willing to pay. Some other critical ratings 2007-9 on Dr. H's pursuit of fame and $$.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I am a Chinese Medicine student from Hong Kong who has one month medical internship with Dr. H in June this year. It is truly my pleasure to meet Dr. H, a great doctor as well as a passionate teacher who has given me so much inspiration. When I first started my shadowing with Dr. H, I was so surprised yet amazed by the way he made the diagnosis and how effective the treatments were. As those groundbreaking discoveries on the physiology of human body and pathology of the disease are something that the medical schools would never teach you, and you could never know it unless you are extremely familiar with the conventional side and at the same time to be very open-minded in order to think out of the box. Base on very careful observations on patients and having a broad exposure to different diseases, Dr. H is able to find out the missing pieces in conventional medicine and with the courage, knowledge and professional judgments to work on the field that no any other doctors are willing to take the risk on. Most importantly, the feedback from patients in terms of the effectiveness and contentedness regarding this type of personalized treatments are often very outstanding. The second thing that I am so impressed and inspired by Dr. H is his personality and his attitude towards his professions. As he always said that you have to help your patients like helping your own family. He is a very sincere and humble gentleman. When he sees his patients are in need, he would do all the researches together with patients and pour everything out from his toolbox (brain) in order to help them. Besides, he is very eager to learn about the new technology so that he can equip himself with the ability to help more people. As a very hard-working, compassionate and talented doctor, he always has good relationships with patients which earn him a high reputation as the no.1 all-rounded doctor at all time. After the one month internship in Dr. H’s clinic, I could never forget what he has taught me about being a good doctor as well as a good person. Dr. H is truly an outstanding doctor with so much knowledge on both conventional and naturopathic medicine. Regarding his profession, he always sets himself a very high standard and strives to be the best. On the other hand, he is a very kind and generous person who regards himself being a doctor as a life mission in helping others in needs more than an ordinary job. Among all the doctors that I knew personally, I would definitely rank him as one of the best doctors I have ever met.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Dr H i treated my for my Thyroid issues and I have never felt better his ways of testing the patient in different views\lenses is what helped him understand my condition. I recommend Dr H to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

The assistants are not Canadian certified. Everything is about money, not medicine. Go there at your own risk

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

I’ve been going to Dr. H for over 15 years for different reasons. I am very satisfied with his treatments that I’ve received. I have had Chelation Therapy, Vitamin C treatments and acupuncture. I always feel better when I leave. He is very knowledgeable and explains everything fully in a way that you can understand. He gives recommendations that are very helpful as well. He is truly an outstanding doctor and I recommend him to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

A patient over 2 years - has turned my health around! The best doctor and care anyone can ask for!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

This Dr deserves 5 out of 5 rating. He is outstanding in his fields and has more "heart" than I thought possible from a Dr. Is there anything he doesn't know? He takes the time we need when we see him. We are truly blessed to have him on this earth to help us and for that I'm grateful

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr H is a resourceful and experienced doctor. He listens carefully and takes his time to fully explain his diagnosis and the steps needed to help his patients. Personally, he has helped me three different times in areas that other doctors were not able to. His staff are also very helpful and you feel that you have the support of three doctors rather than one. It is well worth your time to see him if you have symptoms that regular MD 's don't know what to do with. I am a very satisfied patient.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I am a family physician from Florida who is currently transitioning from a traditional family practice to a more integrative medical practice, so that I may offer my patients better options for their health care. During this transition I was presented the opportunity to shadow and learn from Dr. Fred over the course of a couple weeks. What I learned while working with him was groundbreaking and mind-blowing. He unlocked the mystery of the top causes of most chronic disease and shared his very effective ways of treating them. All of his medical evaluations were methodical and holistically-based, with appropriate testing rooted in science, confirming that his management recommendations were appropriate and necessary. He showed how seemingly unrelated symptomatology in each complex patient was actually very much related, and how to treat these often very ill patients with very thorough assessments. He integrated medical and pharmaceutical management when necessary, with bio-identical hormonal balance, affordable supplements, dietary recommendations, acupuncture and when appropriate his IV therapies. He was successfully treating (and often curing!) many difficult to treat diseases including autoimmune diseases, fibromyalgia, severe mood disorders, diabetes, vascular disease, neuropathy and even advanced-stage cancers. All with little to no side effects, and more often with "side benefits". Now I can easily see why he has been voted top physician in Toronto for 5 years in a row! He has renewed my passion for medicine and I am thrilled that there are such effective treatments available to help change the lives of so many very sick patients. He is truly a pioneer in medicine and hopefully he'll leave a legacy of change leading to safer and more effective medical care for all.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I battled ulcerative coloitis for 29 years; I have been on everything from steroids to immune supprescents to all known medically approved prescriptions. finally was told I had to remove my large intestine but fortunately I discovered This Dr. took six months; now cured. I can even drink beer and orange juice with no symptoms. prior to this I didn't have a solid bowel movement in years!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017