Ratings for Dr. Fred Hui

We were referred to this Dr. almost a year ago by a family friend. My husband suffered a head injury over 15 years ago which exasperated preexisting medical conditions..ADHD, anxiety, OCD, and depression. My husband has been seen by a plethora of specialists including an extended stay in Homewood. While the very first psychiatrist was helpful and caring, he had to relocate to Thunder Bay. This was followed by various health professionals who either increased his meds to address issues which usually led to other side effects requiring more meds. One professionally lost his practicing license due to his over prescribing and sadly my husband was one of those who suffered from increased meds. No one seemed to want to or took the time to address the history and or underlying causes ....until this Dr.We both decided to seek his support. My issues were related to a family history of thyroid as well as weight issues. My husband wanted to seek support for his depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD and inability to function with day to day tasks. Well, it has been a year since we first entered his clinic and we are a testimony to this Dr.s caring attitude, knowledge and treatment procedures. I have lost 40 lbs and my thyroid is finally functioning as it should. My husband has been depression FREE for over a year. His progress and treatment will be a longer process but we are certain he will attain a level of mental health that will and has improved his over all quality of life! Something he has been longing for for most of his life. As I said my husband has had a lifetime of mental healthough issues which were exasperated by a serious head injury. My son, who also suffers from anxiety ( since 7 yrs old ) has just seen this Dr. and has begun his journey to healing and improved life outcomes. We are so grateful to this dr. and I will continue to provide updates of my husband and sons progress to improved quality of life and freedom from mental health issues. Sincerely....a healthier and grateful wife and Mom Ps....some say too costly but I say...how can you put a price on improved health and quality of life...I say...priceless!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

I have a 29 year old daughter who was so desperate she went through Electric Convulsive Therapy at CAMH in Toronto. However, it sadly did not work for Leah. After 7 years of struggling with bi polar, depression and anxiety disorder we discovered this amazing doctor/naturapath/acupuncturist. HE LITERALLY SAVED LEAH'S LIFE. I do not say that lightly. He was honest about her outcome, he was caring. He discovered her basic problems and gave her mega vitamins and minerals to help her. Put her on amino acids to 'feed' her brain and now, Leah knows when she needs to 'feed' it. We went from as many treatments as possible in two weeks and b/c this Dr.s treatment WORKS, we are down to one treatment every 10 days or so. Dr. Fred has been able to give Leah her life back. Literally. I cried with gratefulness to him last week.....he hugged me and cried back....that is his heart. He CARES for his patients...enough to battle the tide of controversy. If he had given in, my daughter might be dead today. I salute you Dr. Fred H__. As a side note, but JUST as important is the fact that I decided to try his methods to beat fibromyalgia. I am completely free of aches and pains...I no longer cry myself to sleep. I can take all the stress that life gives me and experience no set backs.....Dr. Fred's methods are different, but they sure WORK. I highly recommend him to anyone reading this. He embraces pharmaceuticals, naturapathic medicine and Chinese. Integrated...the best of all worlds.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I was a student through the University of Toronto. This experience was an eye opener to the world of complementary medicine, showing me the variety of practices. He genuinely cares about finding alternative therapies for his patients that work for them. Staff are wonderful at attending to patient's needs. He enjoys explaining things in understandable terms. He and his team are advocates for complementary medicine and introduced me to the community of complementary medicine in Toronto. His treatments aren't for everyone or everything-- in fact, some of his treatments seem bizarre and may not be evidence based through standard research, but he definitely provides another option, especially for those who have not found solutions elsewhere. His practice reminds us all to keep an open mind and to listen to the patient.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr H for the past 5 months. I am a real person and am elated to share that his treatments and approach has given me a chance to enjoy healthier and more active life style. My past rapidly progressing medical issues include a failed triple bypass, a valve change, five angio plasty procedures (the last 2 within 8 months), diabetes and chronic high bp. These conditions left me to become home bound as I had almost constant shortness of breath, chest pain, and no energy with smallest movements. These conditions also forced me to seek solutions in the internet which led me to Dr H page with more than ample information on his approach, what he offers and other effective treatments . I decided to call, asked clear questions regarding costs and made a conscious decision to make an appointment. I was also impressed by the number of positive reviews because I respect and value other people and believe them. Now through my personal experience I can say that I concur with positive reviews that majority of patients have shared. These include: his expertise and knowledge, his genuine concern and compassion for human beings/patient's quality of life, being heard for the first time without feeling you are being pushed out. I also believe he is very gifted and trust his excellent diagnostic abilities supported by lab results and science and his openness to change treatment or medication towards optimal health. When in his office, for the first time ever, I knew exactly what was happening in my body, and I knew that I had made the right decision. After the initial consultation, he follows up by visiting the Chelation treatment center, checks every ones progress, make necessary changes and recommendations. He is even open to address your concerns by phone! Dr H's love and passion for giving the best to his patients is evident by choosing a team of very caring, fully qualified trained medical doctors as assistants who are on various stages of becoming Canadian Board Certified. He also has very caring and helpful administrative assistants. Finally, I am happy to say that on the road to recovery, I can now walk 4 blocks without stopping, no chest pressure nor shortness of breath. related to blocked arteries. My sugar levels and readings are much closer to ideal and my blood pressure is within the acceptable range most of the times. I will continue following his treatment and maintenance for life. My only wish is that his treatments were covered so, more people could benefit and have access to his excellent care. Thank you Dr H you are worth the wait!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I went to Dr. H. because I was looking for an acupuncturist but was persuaded by all of these positive reviews to see him for my very hard to diagnose health issues. He was not able to diagnose them either and the iv treatments were not helpful. I think his low dose Cortef was downright harmful particularly for what I actually had. I have finally uncovered that my problems relate to mold toxicity which very few doctors are familiar with. I am writing this review to balance out the other reviews which make it sound like Dr. H. walks on water. He is compassionate and caring and truly tries to help but please know that he is not always able to do so and was not in my case. I also question who is writing all of these glowing reviews based on my experience. His treatments just cost me a lot of money and time and were not helpful.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I have been working with Dr. H for a few months now, and the progress is slow and steady. I have complex issues and compounding issues, including peri-anal Crohn's, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia and SI joint pain. I wanted to write a testimonial because Dr. H goes above and beyond the call of duty. He has a wealth of knowledge, and has been trying different methods with me to address all of my issues. I feel followed by Dr. H and he has been so willing to spend ample time with me to help reduce my pain levels. Prior to trying any new method (be it a supplement, medication or procedure), Dr. H has me read the research. I really value doctors who want to inform their patients in order for them to make educated choices. I am excited to see what the next two months will have in store as I continue to work with Dr. H. What I can say is, I feel like I am in good hands. C. W., Toronto

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

My mother has had Type 2 diabetes for about fifteen years. She was on the same medications for years and with increasing dosage as time passed. What my family and I did not know during that time, was that the medication she had taken to lower her blood sugar, had, in fact, made her hungry, given her strong cravings and made her gain weight. Then, in 2015, Dr. H. started to treat her diabetes. What a huge difference! He focussed on making changes to her medication to take her out of the vicious cycle of meds causing cravings, and diet. He changed her diabetes drugs, monitored the results and tested her regularly. The change in medication caused her sugar level to decrease because she had less cravings. Dr. H. used his vast knowledge of diabetes drugs and experience in treatment of diabetes to find the right combination of medication to reduce her risk factors, and help my mother to better manage her disease. He also started her on a low carbohydrate diet and suggested that she eat more beneficial foods. At first, my mother was very upset as she could no longer eat her everyday staples of white rice, pasta, bread etc. She was very skeptical and said that the diet would not help. Meal times became challenging as she complained and mourned the loss of her staples, but she stuck to the diet. Dr. H offers patient-centred care. He is gentle, compassionate, understanding and always available to answer questions. He explains medical jargon in a way that a lay person with can understand, and he makes you feel as if you have some sense! Recent test results show that my mother has gone from being an uncontrolled diabetic to be a non-diabetic. That is directly attributable to Dr. H’s medical supervision. My family and I are so grateful to Dr. H. Words are not enough to express our deepest thanks for all his care and help. He is THE BEST!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I do not have too many health issues, however the ones I have where very well addressed by Dr. H. was recommended to me by a friend who nearly died of severe health problems. This friend is now is back to life so to speak and we are truly amazed. Dr. H gave me some very good recommendations that worked . I would love to do some IV treatment he recommends. As a nurse I find it very effective based on my friend experience. I also want to mention Dr. H's secretary Marilyn. Great person and understands when a patient needs to be seen urgently. I just wish Dr. H lived closer to my area. Such a knowledgeable physician!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I have suffered with fibromayalgia for over 20 years. Five years ago, I was also diagnosed with Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis after suffering from many years of nerve pain in my legs and feet and seeing several doctors and specialists. As a result, I have a compromised immune system and am intolerant to various foods including dairy and wheat. The doctors and specialists that I saw prior to receiving a diagnosis didn't take this into consideration as they prescribed various treatments and drugs. This caused my body to have severe reactions to many of the drugs being prescribed. The lack of knowledge about the vasculitis combined with the drugs I was being prescribed threw my body into a vicious cycle of extreme pain throughout my body, lack of sleep, loss of eye sight and a weight loss going from 153 lbs down to 100 lbs within a little over a year. My body was broken! A family member recommended seeing Dr. H and from the time that I met him at my first appointment he took the time to listen to all of my health issues and started me on a program of recovery which included various IV Treatments and supplements. I was realistic and did not expect immediate results, knowing that I was very ill. During my treatment, an open wound on my ankle that was a side effect of the vasculitis that was very large and infected was also addressed. It was being treated for several months with the VON but was becoming larger and extremely painful and out of control to the point where amputation was discussed. Dr. H suggested a treatment involving blood plasma and stem cell therapy which I declined based on my religious beliefs as a Jehovah's Witness. Dr. H was very respectful of my beliefs and came up with an alternative treatment of low intensity laser therapy and put me on an antibiotic to treat the infection. Within three weeks the wound is significantly better and has almost completely healed and the infection is gone. I have completed 21 sessions of IV therapy. I am starting to see indications of recovery including less nerve pain, I'm sleeping again, the wound caused by my vasculitus is nearly healed and I've gained 8 lbs. I realize that I am just at the beginning of my body's healing process but I am certain that I will continue to make progress. Dr. H has restored my faith in the medical health care system. I have the utmost respect for him and his staff and am eternally grateful for their courage and compassion and their ability to treat their patients as if they were part of their own family. In my opinion Dr. H's training in both Western and Eastern medicine deserves the highest gold standard of excellence that medicine can offer. My family often comments that Dr. H is the "Dr. House" of medicine.....minus the arrogant attitude. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for blessing me with the privilege of being a patient under his care.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016