Ratings for Dr. Fred Hui

This doctor is the most generous, understanding and devoted doctor I have encountered. And I have met TOO MANY doctors for my own liking.  I used to struggle with bipolar type II and general anxiety disorder. "USED TO" because Dr Hui's treatments and style of wellness transformed my life. I can safely say he saved my life...I would have either succumbed to suicide or simply lived a mediocre and sad life. If I could not afford a test or treatment he went out of his way to find a more affordable ways or we figured out payments. He truly puts my health before EVERYTHING. Including MONEY.  I have never once thought that he was in this for the money, because the fruit of his heart (as a doctor and as an individual) prove otherwise. It is not in his power to change the Canadian government's rules. It's not fair that the government leaves individuals like myself, to the wayside. Pharmaceutical's simply do not work for me. But Dr Hui's revolutionary way to treat my illnesses SAVED my life. I owe him so much. I wish I could give him so much more...so I just give him my words. He is a kind, generous, understanding and devoted doctor. And those who say otherwise clearly have poor judgement or a clouded perspective. I tell EVERYONE about him. My family goes to him, friends and even strangers I've met and told them about him. And those who already go to him, and have for years, only speak highly of him. For he is worthy of praise and to be honoured as a doctor and as a man.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

I saw Dr. Fred with positive results for Adrenal Fatigue as well as recurring sinus infections. He has been able to help with both of these things. I wrote a blog about my Adrenal Fatigue, if you're interested in reading it here. https://wordpress.com/post/sudheerjoshi834890678.wordpress.com/43.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

Our father was admitted to Sunnybrook Hospital last year, and was diagnosed by the resident cardiologists with severe atherosclerosis, and through a cardiac enzyme test, they diagnosed him having had a heart attack (his cardiac enzyme levels were extremely high). The cardiologists said our elderly father had no other options, other than to do open heart surgery via a double bypass or stinting. They were uncompassionate towards our father during the whole process, and used fear to scare him to undergo the surgery. Our family sought Dr. Hui's help, as we heard great things about him through friends and acquaintances in the past, on how much he has helped them with their health conditions, no matter what they may be. Upon conducting some research of our own, we felt necessary to at least schedule an appointment with Dr. Hui to get his expertise on the matter. We fear due to his weak heart function and his age, he would not make it out past the operating table. Collectively, we felt his condition could be helped, without having to undergo invasive surgeries. Time was of the essence, and the staff at Dr. Hui’s clinic were amazing to get us an appointment to see him very quickly, as our father’s situation was dire and required urgent attention. Dr. Hui was attentive, wise and compassionate. He prescribed treatment for our father to address his severe atheroscleoris by dissolving both the soft and hard plaque in his arteries, and gave him what he needed to improve his weakened heart from years of stress from pumping blood through his blocked arteries. Thanks to Dr. Hui’s prescribed treatments, our father’s heart function improved significantly. In just 2 months, his heart function went from 25% to almost 40% (keeping in mind 55% is the norm for the average population). Our father is now back doing what he loves, ballroom dancing. Whereas just prior to his hospital admission, he would feel short of breath upon exertion. He is also sleeping better, whereas before he would frequently wake in the night from shortness of breath. Our family is very fortunate to have Dr. Hui as our doctor, and we are sure many other families would agree. If you are frustrated with the medical establishment and feel lost, we would highly recommend seeing Dr. Hui, even if it is just to get a second opinion. Our whole family has been helped by Dr. Hui with all our health concerns. He is now our family's go-to doctor. Thank you for all that you do, Dr. Hui! You are the best!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Dr.H has been helping me along with a back issue that no one has been able to help me with. I have spent over a year in chronic pain, been to numerous specialist and even had surgery, I didn’t experience any relief until I saw Dr.H. You can tell as soon as he talks to you that he is so passionate about what he does, he truly wants to make you better, and he will try anything he can to do that for you. I have had to wait quite awhile to see him, but it is absolutely worth it. The wait to see him just shows that he is very qualified, because of the amount of people that want to see him, and he takes time with you, I have never felt rushed while in an appointment with him. He truly takes each patient and each case seriously because he truly cares about fixing the problem. His experience is something no doctor can even come close to, and if you want the best then you have to be willing to wait for it and pay for it. It’s as simple as that.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

On meeting Dr. H. it was obvious he was very different in his beliefs due to his diverse education. Finally, I met a Doctor who respected my questions and was open to explaining everything thoroughly. We are on the same page about health and treating illness. I was relieved. Throughout the six years, I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Dr. H. I see he has the most respectful and patient manner of communicating. He explains why he prescribes a method of healing and has taken the time to have discussions on how my organs, body, and mind work, as well as giving directions on where I can research for more information, plus plenty of reading materials to study. I don’t feel as though I am being rushed. He sits with me and makes sure he has covered all of my concerns. Turning fifty I began on a journey of health issues that arose due to life’s challenges and changes. Through it all, I have seen Dr. H. He has helped me at the most difficult times of my life. This is a doctor-patient relationship that I was searching for during a span of many years. I look forward to seeing my doctor. I come away with a wealth of information, smarter and with a much greater understanding of my issues because of our conversations. Ultimately I am responsible for my own health and with this doctor, I feel the freedom to explore my options. Dr. H. suggests the best course of action and as a patient, I also have the responsibility of caring for myself on many other levels as well to give the treatment I am following a stronger foundation to succeed. My diet, sleeping habits and behaviour have gone through a major transformation to benefit my health due to meeting Dr H. Over the years I have grown to have enormous respect for the Dr. H. and recommend family, friends, and people I meet that are searching for answers, to contact his office. Dr H. is my doctor of choice.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

DR H.is for sure very special and is one of his kind. I went to see him for 8 months, took every treatments and supplements what he prescribe. Of course paid for everything from my pocket ( only blood test was covered by OHIP). I felt noticeable worse, after each treatment. .After spending thousands of dollars he told me that" I am good". And he saw it, that I was worse. He didn't help me at all, no diagnosis, made me only worse, nothing else. After I spent all my savings and hope what he gave me I can only say, in my case I felt ,he didn't care about me at all, he care only about money what I paid him. I am single mother with two kids, Dr I wish you, enjoy all my savings . Is this ethical ?? In my case I feel it wasn't about medicine it was about money for you.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

He has treated my family and has solved a problem for my father when no other specialist could. He is unmatched in his knowledge as he works with multiple disciplines as well as being a truly compassionate and caring person with excellent bedside manners. Highly recommend​ seeing him

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I called this doctors office. I have found him helpful in the past but here I learned that I need to pay the first time fee again. When I asked why, I learned they throw your file after you have not visited them a little while. I think this is abusing the system. This doctor is still using OHIP but he is throwing all your information if you dont visit him frequently. Dr H does not want to be a family physician though and asks you to get one as he cant take care of everything but he does not want to know about you if you don't go ther once a year or close. This is a money making machine. While I used the good rating to guide me thenfirst time, I now wonder if the good t star ratings are real or they are paying people to post for them.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Dr H is by far the best doctor I have ever seen and will ever see. His knowledge is extensive; the best way to describe him is a diagnostic treatment genius. Dr H understands the workings of the human body and biochemical processes like no other. Dr H is a true healer, with a love for medicine and his patients; he answered his calling and the field of medicine has truly benefited. Being an Integrative Medicine Physician, Dr H has a toolbox full of all things medical to achieve health for his patients. He is ahead of his time. Prior to seeing Dr H, I was was well on the road to disability. In Aug '17 I had an appointment with him (I was optimistic after reading reviews but guarded). His assistant took a thorough history and Dr H came in, reviewed the history and tests, and asked questions that all lead to a diagnosis and treatment plan with further testing. His care did not finish there; he fully explained to me what was going on in terms I could understand as well as gave me information and further reading so I could be informed and educated on my illness. His highly qualified assistant then further explained the treatment plan -prescriptions with the correct dosage, vitamins that I was low in, and required food nutrition modifications- then he typed it up and gave me copies. To say I was impressed was an understatement. Within days after starting the treatment I was feeling better than I have felt in years. It's been a few months now and I do not feel sick anymore. Dr H's team from his Admin staff to his Assistants and Lab Techs are highly skilled and trained professionals and all have a part in what makes this office successful. Now yes! There is a cost of a couple hundred dollars (running a clinic isn't cheap), but is has been the best money I have ever spent. What's few hundred when you can feel like a million bucks. TM

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

Shocker, just another fabulous review for Dr. H: I am in my early 20's and I have struggled with inflammatory arthritis for the past few years. I had seen rheumatologists, but all they ever wanted to do was put me on anti-inflammatories or methotrexate to suppress my symptoms. Not their fault. I had great experiences with each rheumatologist I saw, they were just not equipped with the same knowledge Dr. H has about medicine. Like almost every comment on here, Dr. H truly addresses the underlying issue with your condition, rather than just treating the symptoms on the surface. When I came to Dr. H I had sore, arthritic hands, feet, and right knee. The right knee was also swollen like a balloon - I couldn't even bend it to 120 degrees! I began to see Dr. H back in January 2017 and now in October I am 99% symptom free. - Antibiotics - Hydrogen Peroxide - Ozone Therapy - Diet Modifications ^These are what Dr. H used to fix me. The Antibiotics, Hydrogen Peroxide, & Ozone Therapies were all used to fight off the bacteria causing my infection. I was seeing gradual improvement when I used Antibiotics with 1 treatment of H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) per week, but I saw DRASTIC improvement when I changed over to the Ozone Therapy with Antibiotics. I was seeing noticeable and lasting improvements already DURING the Ozone treatment! I felt noticeably better after each treatment than before! However Ozone Therapy is more costly, but it works faster, so it's a Time vs Money dilemma when comparing it to the H2O2 option. Lastly, Dr. H also recommended I go take a food sensitivity test that ended up revealing that I was sensitive to Wheat, Nuts, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, etc. so many other things. I ended up adopting a Paleo Diet in January and I noticed a strong correlation between the food I was eating and my flare ups. The good news is that I had been told by Dr. H (& read this on the internet) that food sensitivities do not always last forever. By Summer of 2017, my disease had been weakened by Dr. H's treatments and I was noticing I was able to start introducing foods back into my diet that I used to react to. In summary, as my disease has weakened, I have been able to reintroduce foods into my diet that once produced inflammatory reactions. In the past month or two I have now successfully introduced Wheat back into my diet. I can eat pizza, pasta, etc. now without having ANY reaction. I am now left with Dairy & Nuts as foods that I still react to, but if I keep these out of my diet, I am 100% OK. Anyway, I really wanted to come here to give Dr. H an amazing review because he truly deserves it. This man is going against-the-grain by practicing "unconventional" medicine & he is constantly having to fend off angry rheumatologists (and other health care professionals) who do not agree with how he does things and for some reason think he is not acting in the best interest of his patients. His ratings on this website prove otherwise as he is the highest rated MD in the Toronto area out of +3000 MDs! Kudos to Dr. H for not giving into the conventional way of medicine and challenging the notion that autoimmune diseases cannot be cured. LOL @ anyone trying to take Dr. H down! Look at all the patients on here standing behind him! I also believe he works long hours (usually 9-7pm most days of the week!). I really get the feeling that Dr. H really cares a lot about making a difference in people's lives! :D

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017