Ratings for Dr. Fred Hui

My name is Sara Kubassek and I was a full time at Fanshawe College, who also had a part time job at a dairy farm. Soon into my college program I became extremely ill. I showed symptoms of mania and psychosis. After seeing my family doctor in Hamilton, I was admitted to St. Joseph's Hospital where I was misdiagnosed and treated for bipolar disorder. After three months in the hospital with little improvement, I was discharged and moved back home. Two weeks later I suffered a grand mal seizure and was hospitalized again, this time at Woodstock General Hospital. After another three month hospital stay, the psychiatrist at Woodstock Hospital determined that I did not have a mental illness, but suspected that it might be a neurological illness. He believed that the multiple vaccinations I had received in order to be cleared for my college placement had triggered a severe reaction. In mid-August I was transferred to the assessment unit at Parkwood Institute in London. I stayed there until the end of October, and was treated by a neuropsychiatrist. Throughout my illness I experienced many periods of time where I was very very confused and couldn't think or care for myself. This caused me and my family great distress. I was experiencing seizures every couple of weeks, and each time after a seizure it took me a week to ten days for the confusion to go away. In November I began seeing Dr. Fred and received chelation therapy at his clinic in North York. I slowly began to see positive results, my seizures became less severe and occurred less often. Now it has been almost three months since my last seizure, and I am no longer taking the medications that were prescribed. I am feeling much better, and believe I'm very close to a full recovery. Dr. Fred and his staff always treated me with respect and kindness, which was the complete opposite of how I was treated at the hospitals. It is obvious that Dr. Fred is passionate about his work in helping each of his clients. Thank you Dr. Fred!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Very good staff and the good Dr will listen to your issues and will give recommendations on ways to treat and possibly reverse the conditions. And when something doesn't react properly. He takes time to adjust treatment. I been getting treated for a couple of months and notice the improvement. Keep in mind you have to realize treatments can take time and also sometimes you need to adjust the course. Least it's a viable option having someone on the cutting edge of medicine that wants to get to the cause of the problem.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I have been under Dr H. care for some times. my situation was really bad that I had no hope. He literally gave my life back and I have learned from him and staff. Very knowledgeable and caring , puts his patients first. I will never forget the forget the first time i met him. He said : " me I will do all my best to help you." and he did. of course the healing process needs time as we all know. please do not hesitate to see him if you can you have nothing to loose anyway.The conventional medicine cannot solve all your problems and an alternative one is always an option to explore. M. NM

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. H is one of a kind. He is the rare doctor that will go above and beyond for the well being of his patients. Before seeing Dr. H, I had been on a very long and frustrating journey to get answers to my health, which included having to deal with many doctors who lacked compassion and thoroughness. From the minute I met Dr. H, I felt extremely safe. He spent a lot of time with me, covering all aspects of my health and giving me detailed explanations about his reasoning behind certain treatments. He is always reachable for questions. I feel hopeful for the first time in a long time that my health can be restored. Anyone who sees Dr. H should consider themselves very lucky.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

My 23 year old godson has experienced severe migraine headaches since the age of 14. I have taken him to our family doctor who referred him to the MIGRAINE headache program at a local Toronto hospital. He was treated with great care and consideration but the treatments prescribed over a number of years simply did not work. His school life suffered as did his social life and his physical health deteriorated over time. We finally decided to consult with Dr. Fred H. Dr. H. and his assistants conductive a thorough verbal assessment as well as administering the usual tests for blood pressure and heart rate. When Dr. H. sat my godson on the examining table, he placed his gloved hand into the young man's mouth. He felt around a bit and then told us that his wisdom teeth were impacted and needed to be removed immediately. He assured us that the problem would be solved and that my godson would be headache free. Amazingly, as soon as the impacted wisdom teeth were surgically removed, the severe migraines stopped. This surgery took place in September, 2016 . It is now mid February, 2017. There has not been even one occurrence of a migraine headache. My godson's life has improved dramatically in every aspect of his being . He is studying and working and enjoying life. This doctor is totally brilliant. We will be forever grateful. Cynthia Karlton

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

I had lots of hope to see this doctor and have proper diagnoses and treatment. First visit he told me that he knows what is my health "problem" and he knows how to treat it and that after his treatment I will be OK. It was 20 and 20 IV for the beginning and after 5 IV that I will start to feel better. I was very happy to hear this and had lots of hope. This was a nice begging . The rest is not so nice. I went to his clinic for more than 1 year spend almost $20000 had 100 IV drips. And now after his treatment I am much WORSE. I had always appointment, but had to wait sometimes 6 -8 hours. His medical assistants were every time different people and big problem is that they can hardly speak English, to write in English is even worse. They never wrote what I said, . Dr is very nice person, but he only google "thing" every visit and every visit told me something else( to go to chiropractor, to go to biological dentist etc. He never told me any diagnosis and I was thinking that he needs maybe more time. When I told him that I am getting worse ( and he saw it) he only continue with peroxide IV . After 1 year when I told him that I am running out of money he finally told me his diagnoses, his diagnoses was that MY COMPUTER IS BROKEN, I ask him what kind of illness is this. He wasn't able to tell me. His answer was that I did my " graduation". In my case he was selling me HOPE. Very expensive hope. He didn't try to diagnose me and properly treat me. Everything was only about his money. This is my experience. He didn't help me at all.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Appointments with Dr Fred H are often late but we don't mind because as a community of patients we know that someone must have really needed help. Not that long ago that person was me. I arrived at his office in 2011 with a combination of physical and mental health symptoms that had been met with skepticism by other practitioners. My wife was helping me to stand; I was 57 years old. My thinking was muddled to the point where I was having trouble following conversation and I couldn't catch my breath. The truth is that there are a lot of people with ill-defined, chronic, metabolically based illnesses who have fallen through the cracks and this is where Dr Fred H comes in. He thinks outside the box and digs for the answers. He partners with patients and really listens to their symptoms and in doing so he makes progress with patients that have until that time have not been listened to or alternatively, have not been believed, Dr Fred H helped me to recover from Bipolar Disorder which he understood was not a disease so much as a collection of symptoms related to underlying metabolic dysregulation. I won't dwell on this but I had been exposed to a lot of toxins on the farm as a child. I also recovered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome after treating a B12 deficiency and a couple of Stealth Infections. One last point. Dr Fred H has always treated me with respect. Some of you will know that is by no means guaranteed when presenting at a Dr's office with perplexing symptoms. I was able to return to work and have since retired. I only see Dr H occasionally now as I am leading a full and active life.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I have experienced being examined and taken care of by doctors that were GP's, specialist, and surgeons. That being said this doctor just set the bar even higher. His complete thoroughness blew me away. I went in to see if he could do something for a groin pain that has been hanging on for the last 2 years and not getting any better. After his assistant took down my medical history the doctor came in to see me. He asked me a few questions and then had me lie down on the table. He lift and moved my right leg in a few different positions until he was able to get the pain to occur. In that position with the right ankle lying on my left knee the pain was there and sharp. He had me turn on my right side so that he could put an acupuncture needle in my left buttocks then lay back on my back and put one needle in my left groin area. He had me wait minute then asked me to put my right ankle on my left knee. I did and there was no pain. he pushed down a bit on my right knee to give my groin a small twist, still no pain. Took the needles out, I stood up, still no pain. walking up a staircase would normally kill me and now zero pain. A total of a 10 minutes acupuncture section. The following week I had another appointment. Laying on my back with my feet flat on the table I could drop my left leg 90 degrees and lay it on the table. My right leg could only drop 45 degrees and then there was a sharp pain. Applying and little down pressure on my knee would shoot the pain all over my body. He put about 5 needles in different areas including one in my right arm pit. He gently applied pressure to my right knee and got my leg to fall another 40 plus degrees with zero pain. pulled the needles out and 3 weeks later still no pain and my leg is acting as if there never was a problem. He asked if I wanted to have my blood sent to a lab for analysis to check out the rest of my body and I said yes. It came back my thyroid levels were way to low and vitamin D3 also low. Not one doctor in the last 66 years has asked me if I wanted to see how the rest of my body is doing. We have a history of diabetes in our family and he asked if I wanted to wait until I possibly got diabetes or do I want to check as to ware I am now with it. He told me what kit to buy and have one good heavy carbohydrate meal, wait 2 hours and test your blood. That should give me my worst case scenario. I did it and passed. He also told me to loss my belly (approximately 50 lbs) and the diet to follow. All I can say to anyone out there who is reading this and wants a doctor to tell you the truth and will give you the results with your co operation see this doctor. I am not being paid to say this, the results he gave me is my payment from him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

If you want to start a new chapter in your health or your tired of getting the same answers and still having the same symptoms I would recommend you to allow Him to be your guide. Honesty, integrity, wonderful bedside manner and patience top the list of his attributes as an individual and a doctor. He uses both Western and Eastern medicine so you get the best of both methods. All grounds are covered ! Brilliant! Over the last 10 years of being his patient he has become one of my favourite people in the world and I am sure it is the same for all of his patients. He brought me back to vibrant health after listening to the symptoms I was experiencing and requesting the correct tests and blood work thereafter I began my journey to better health and balanced living. A doctor teaches. This is the meaning of the word. And He does this, he gives you back the power, the innate knowledge of your health that is so rightly ours to begin with. You are kept in the loop with his thoughts and he explains everything so you understand where you are at currently and where you need to go or where he would like to see you reach . We have to work with what we have as our foundation and build from there . I have learned to balance my own health as an individual with His help and I become stronger than I was when I was younger. I swear I am growing younger! I feel amazing ! I go for little tune ups here and there because I love sports and get a few aches and pains. I like to push myself a bit too much. But I have learned to listen to my body . It took time and help and guidance. A good doctor helps like this. We need more like him. I wish everyone had a doctor like him. Humble, kind and always learning himself. His staff are the same !! Wow ! Everyone there is just so lovely ! I feel revived, renewed every time I go ! Better than a spa ! I wish you all luck in deciding to see our Doctor . All my friends and family have seen him. I don't push them , they ask. They have seen me change. And change is a wonderful thing. Good luck everyone in 2017.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Thank you Dr. H. for saving my LIFE!!! If anyone is looking to live their life of Healthy and Energy living and STOP living with health issues that no Doctor seems to have any solutions to, you NEED TO VISIT DR. H.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a 71 year old woman, wife, mother & grandmother and because of Dr. H. I am on the road to recovery and enjoy the Best Healthy LIFE! With my Family! Being a type 2 Diabetic for over 20 years, that caused excess weight gain. Which caused a domino of other health issues. High Blood pressure, chronic Diarrhea, UTI, Ecoli, swollen legs, ankles etc... and had no clue that I was days away of KIDNEY FAILURE! TODAY, I am insulin free, diarrhea free, off 23 medications and finally losing all this bloating and weight gain throughout my entire body. Dr. H is without a doubt EXCEPTIONAL, along with his staff. His outstanding knowledge, patience, understanding and compassion were heart warming and reassuring. I am his biggest fan and would recommend him to EVERYONE! From the bottom of my heart, I Thank you for helping take charge of my life to a road of Healthy Living. With all my gratitude, Mary.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017