Ratings for Dr. Fred Hui

I am so grateful that I have finally found a doctor who is able to diagnose and treat my adrenal fatigue. I have suffered with this for the last 8 years and have not found a doctor that acknowledges this condition exists. For the last six months before I found this Dr. , I was totally housebound. I couldn’t even take the stress of having people in my home for a short visit, without causing an adrenal crash. I thought I would never be well enough to resume a normal life. The first time I went to his office, I was seen by his very professional staff and they went over all my health records and test results. This appointment lasted for over an hour and then he spent a lot more time with me reviewing my blood tests, cortisol test and allergy test. He recognized my symptoms as a classic case of adrenal fatigue and was able to set up a treatment plan. He tested my thyroid and it was very low , so he prescribed medication to raise the levels. He was very knowledgeable and thorough and looked for every reason that caused this condition. This was very unfamiliar to me , as some of my doctors in the past, treated me as if I was imagining the symptoms. He has a very warm and caring staff. They are very professional and check on your progress every time you have a treatment. After 20 adrenal IV drips, I am beginning to resume my normal daily life. It is unbelievable to me that I will be able to take part in life again. I have always believed strongly in eastern medicine and to have it combined with western medicine is getting the best of both worlds. He is so knowledgeable and explains things to you so you can understand them easily. He is always looking for anything that can improve your health. He always took as much time as was needed and I never felt rushed. The words that I think sum up this Dr. are ethical, sincere, conscientious, compassionate and caring. I wish there were more physisians like this man in the medical system. Heather

flag | Submitted December 18, 2018

My arm was painfully with me for a long time until Dr. Fred gave me treatment. The pain suddenly left me but I didn't miss it.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

He is incredibly knowledgeable and able to integrate Western medical practice with traditional Chinese medicine. As a result, he is able to provide the best possible care drawing from all disciplines without prejudice but rather based on scientific experience and years of medical practice. He has helped me eliminate joint pain from arthritis by addressing the causes instead of medicating the pain.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

Dr. Fred is a very punctual, patient and caring doctor. I started my treatment 2 years ago and was very ill. I was struggling with my illness very deeply and didn't think there'd be anything that would help me and make me feel better. My RA positive and he started my antibiotic treatment and I felt better day by day. He also started my hydrogen peroxide therapy. He took his time in explaining what would help me in being better. He genuinely cares about his patients. He goes the extra miles to make sure patients are cured and find the best way for treatments. To finish, it is clear to me based on my experience over 2 years of being treated by Dr. Fred that his life is dedicated to healing people ... to finding the cause of the illness and then healing it. He has personally made a huge positive impact on my life. He was carefully listening to me and analyzing all data and test reports to diagnose me. I think he was successful to find the cause of my pain and starting my treatment.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

I started seeing this doctor many years ago for the chelation therapies and vitamin drips. He also suggested other treatments for the ongoing hormonal issues I was having. Fast forward years later, I went to see him again as my case was a very difficult one and I had seen countless other doctors but no one could piece together what was wrong with me. After telling him what my symptoms were he said it seemed quite obvious that I may have Endometriosis. I was given Bioidentical Progesterone and IMMEDIATELY I started to feel better! Of course some tweaking is needed when taking any hormones but he is always willing to listen and adjust things accordingly. I have been doing much better! It is super important that any doctor carefully listens to your symptoms and not just go by "textbook." He thinks "outside the box" and tries to come up with other solutions in order to make sure you are on your way to feeling better. I would highly recommend seeing him and discussing your health issues in depth, bring any notes or previous results and be thorough in order to come up with the best treatment plan for your health issues. Thank you Dr. from the bottom of my heart, for listening and for helping me.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Dr. Fred has been my doctor for the past 16 years and he has had a huge positive impact on my health and life. I truly owe him a debt of gratitude. 10 years ago I was diagnosed with MS, today I am symptom free and consider myself cured ... all because of Dr. Fred's willingness to think outside the box and passion for wanting to truly heal. The first time I visited Dr. Fred was in 2002. I was tired all the time and had memory problems that shouldn't be happening for someone in their late 30's. Dr. Fred decided to test for heavy metals. It turned out my lead levels were off the charts! After completing approx 30 IV chelations, my energy returned and I felt like I was back in my 20's again. I lost 20 lbs without even trying, probably because of the extra energy. My memory issues resolved greatly. It felt like I got my life back! It is interesting that regular MD's don't test for heavy metals and if they do, the test's they use are not effective in detecting accurately. I think this issue of heavy metal toxicity is a pandora's box, because it is my suspicion that a lot of people's energy, memory problems originate back to heavy metal toxicity. Dr. Fred is doing a huge service in being willing to test for these heavy metals in the way that he does and treat them with chelation, which for me has proven very effective and impactful to my health and quality of life. The next time I visited Dr. Fred was in 2008 when I was diagnosed with MS. At the time I had lost 100% vision in my left eye, I also had weakness in my limbs. An optometrist suggested to me that I might have MS. When I walked into Dr. Fred's office, he immediately told me to go to the Emergency of Toronto Western Hospital because it would ensure I got an MRI within 48 hrs and they had the best neurology dept in the City. I did this and got the diagnosis very quickly because of this advice. The neurologist told me there was nothing she could do, I needed to the MS Clinic and get on meds asap. Instead I went back to Dr. Fred and he started treating me, searching for the cause of the MS. He was very time conscious and concerned that my MS was treated before my symptoms got worse. Today, because of him I am completely symptom free and consider myself healed. The vision in my left eye is 95% good and my body strength and mobility is excellent. No one would ever know that I was anything other than healthy. Without Dr. Fred's help I would probably be in a wheelchair today, or worse. This is huge because it has changed the potential outcome of my future in such a positive way. Today, Aug 2018, at 54 yrs, I once again found myself back in Dr. Hui's office. Having some health concerns that other MD's (general practitioners) hadn't been able to help with. Dr. Hui's intake staff spent an entire hour asking questions about my health, symptoms, history, test results, etc. Then Dr. Fred spent another entire hour with me, trying to discover what was going on ... he was very present, engaged and interested in finding out how he could help me 'tune up my car' (as he put it). I left feeling so much better and hopeful than I had felt over the past few months, where I had been visiting MD's who never seemed to have the time to listen or help me, explain what was going on, never feeling like they noticed or cared. They could only follow 'protocol', write prescriptions, and give advise that fit inside the approved box of the medical system. As a result, I have spent 6 months getting nowhere. Today 2 hours at Dr. Fred's office and I feel like I am finally getting some answers. I applaud the courage that Dr. Fred has had, to work outside this 'approved box' that the medical system has established. A box, that most physicians fear to step out of. If it wasn't for Dr. Fred's passion to heal and truly wanting to help his patients, my life would be very different today. Dr. Fred's treatments do cost $ because they are not covered by OHIP or Plans. It is a shame this is the case. The govt should do something about this and include these types of treatments that are offering so much improvement for peoples health. I still don't let this deter me from improving my own health. My way of looking at the cost is "how much is my health/life worth?" I am willing to spend what I need inorder to find health, because what is life without my health? We are all compensated for our work and there are no exceptions to that, so don't criticize. To finish, it is clear to me based on my experience over 16 years of being treated by Dr. Fred that his life is dedicated to healing people ... to finding the cause of the illness and then healing it. He has personally made a huge positive impact on my life (as I have mentioned above), the alternative of which I cannot think about. There need to be more Doctors like Dr. Fred. I feel very blessed to have him as my Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Without doubt He has proven to me year after year that he knows his stuff. Integrative medicine at its’ best.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

Dr. Fred was very patient spending time with me to find the cause of my problem and he was carefully listening to me and analyzing all data and test reports to diagnose me. I think he was successful to find the cause of my pain and starting my treatment.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2018

This doctor in Barrie Ontario, treated my daughter after 2 years of feeling severely ill, with no diagnosis provided by lab tests as well as investigations by a specialist experienced in her field of illness, who sent her back to the family doctor. Her illness was not diagnosed by means of OHIP laboratory tests because OHIP does not cover these tests. He suspected her illness immediately and sent laboratory tests to the U.S. Upon a response from the laboratory in the U.S. verifying his suspicion, the medication to treat the illness was not covered by OHIP. He treated her illness by personally compounding 3 different medications for the pharmacist to fill. She was resistant to the first set of 3 medications. Thereafter he personally compounded another set of 3 medications and this time it was successful. He was a very accurate diagnostician who finally diagnosed her serious medication resistant illness. Without his diagnosis my daughter would have died. He was also compassionate and after the first set of medications failed he said “You did everything I asked you to do and I won’t give up on you” thereby providing hope to a person who had suffered terribly for 2 years and was still very sick His treatment was very accurate and he had a broad knowledge of the possibilities of her symptoms. His treatment was successful even though it was difficult to treat this illness. He used personally compounded drugs as well as ozone treatment and the combination was successful. I am forever grateful to this doctor because he saved my daughter’s life. Without this treatment she would have died. He also gave hope when the first set of medications failed. He was compassionate and caring. I have no hesitation in recommending this doctor’s exceptional knowledge of medical diseases and as a matter of fact his suspicion of the problem was accurate at the initial visit. Once he obtained the diagnosis from the laboratory in the USA he gave his advice that it is a very difficult problem to treat but at his state of the art treatment facility he cured my daughter’s drug resistant illness. His staff was very caring and treated my daughter with the best of care. I thank this doctor for saving my daughter’s life - from a very grateful mother. Eleonore Torma

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Very knowledgeable, Helped me with my Hypertension.I am almost off to my blood pressure medication.Would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018