Ratings for Dr. Fred Hui

He, is one of the best Doctors I have ever visited in my 60 yrs. His knowledge, and persistence in diagnosing a illness is 2nd to none! Before any script is written, he make sure it is required first! Thank you for Your Excellent Health Care and I recommend anyone to visit his practice! Walter

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I had mercury poisoning from silver dental fillings. Went to 6 different doctors, none of them were very helpful. This doctor prescribed IV DMPS treatment and my whole body is now recovering and coming back to normal. 5 stars all the way!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I had adrenal fatigue. My symptoms included day time sleepiness, lack of physical endurance and general lack of energy. He helped me to overcome my adrenal fatigue by prescribing adrenal iv therapy(20 treatments). Presently I have much more energy, I exercise regularly, concentration is better and I feel great. Most knowledgeable doctor I've ever met that incorporates natural and medicinal drugs. The staff is also knowledgeable and most kind to the patients.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I ran more than 100 kms in one day to raise money for a food bank. Of course I trained for almost one year, prior to that chalenge. Athlètes are able to achieve their goals because of their training, their motivation and support of great doctors. I can say that Dr. H is a master at his practice. After many traditional treatments, nothing was able to heal my athletic pubalgia. He gave me an ozone injection and this is what eradicated my chronic pain. This procedure is extraordinary. I am happy I recovered from this injury with his integrative medicine approach. Thank you Dr. Maxime Bernier

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Patient's update
Maxime Bernier, Member of Parliament for the riding of Beauce

Submitted December 14, 2015

Patient's update
I ran more than 100 kms in one day to raise money for a food bank. Of course I trained for almost one year, prior to that chalenge. Athletes are able to achieve their goals because of their training, their motivation and support of great doctors. I can say that Dr. H is a master at his practice. After many traditional treatments, nothing was able to heal my athletic pubalgia. He gave me an ozone injection and this is what eradicated my chronic pain. This procedure is extraordinary. I am happy I recovered from this injury with his integrative medicine approach. Thank you Dr.! Maxime Bernier, Member of Parliament, Beauce

Submitted January 14, 2016

Excellent and always on time listens to the patients

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

This gentleman is a brilliant doctor, an MD from the University of Toronto. However, he has continuously pursued additional medical knowledge in Chinese and alternative medicine. He is very passionate about his work and every patient leaves his office feeling that they are in the care of someone who truly will do everything in his power to cure them. His ability to diagnose your problem with his western training is second to none. He then has at his disposal the conventional pharmaceutical drugs as well as the many alternative remedies that he is so very skilled at. A high percentage of his patients are referred to him after they have been trying conventional medications to no avail. He then becomes so focused in trying to solve the new patient's issues. I am an educated successful businessman and I believe I am very capable of evaluating the passion with which this doctor applies himself to his work and the tremendous success he achieves with his patients. I have recommended friends from Ontario and other provinces as well as from the USA to visit him. They have all had successful experiences. Some were booked for surgery and cancelled their surgery after visiting him. Seven to ten years later these individuals have still not had any surgery. I do believe that our Medical system in Ontario and Canada as a whole would be well advised to incorporate some of his training and knowledge in order to reduce our health costs.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I am very glad that I came across this physician by referral from another patient that had the same diagnosis and symptoms that I was experiencing. He takes his time and answers all your questions, regardless if they are related to the reason for your visit. His care is very holistic and not just focused on your current problems. The extensive blood work panel is explained very well and any abnormalities are discussed with ways to resolve/improve. There is no pressure to start treatment. You are given a variety of information from the internet and other resources to investigate and make your decision. I am the type of person that needs to research to see if it makes sense for me and then think it through thoroughly. I never started treatment right away but took the time gather all the information to inform myself. When I first saw him, I had great difficulty walking up stairs, doing regular housework and walking any distance. Joint pains were keeping me awake at night and the medications were not holding me for any length of time. I was finding I needed higher doses of medication and stronger medications just to keep the symptoms under control – it was a downward spiral! I have just completed 20 treatments and have been able to run up stairs and go for 6 km walks. I would say 90% improvement in symptoms and I have my life back. Can’t wait to play golf in the spring as I have not been able to play for the past 3 years. Taking the twice weekly IV treatments was a challenge for me as I live 2-2.5 hours away from the clinic. Treatments were a challenge to arrange around my full time work schedule as 4-5 hours were spent just in commuting to the clinic and then a good 2 hours there for treatment. The way I feel now, that time was well spent!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

A passing comment to my family doctor at the end of my annual physical checkup in mid-June has changed much in my life. I told my GP that I sometimes experience indigestion when I am mowing the lawn; this led him to ordering a stress EKG, which led to further testing and finally to an angiogram on July 16th at which time it was determined that I had very severe Coronary Artery Disease(CAD) and that I would require immediate surgery- a Quintuple Bypass!! The good news was that my heart and valves were healthy and functioning well; also, my cholesterol levels and blood pressure were normal. I meet with a Cardiac Surgeon on the next Monday, July 20th. Believe me, I was in quite a state of shock for a few days trying to assimilate this dreadful news. I was dismayed by the state of my cardio vascular system and was determined to get to the root cause of this appearance and to deal with it holistically. My sensing was that immediate surgery was not the proper solution at this time as it would only repair the blockage within the arteries around my heart and not remove/alleviate the root cause. I was encouraged to at least consider IV Chelation therapy which has the potential of removing the heavy metals/calcium deposits/plaque/etc. that is creating the severe blockage in the arteries-not only around my heart but throughout my whole body. Fortunately, I was able to book an appointment with Dr. Fred Hui for July 21st because of someone cancelling their appointment. I had a 3 hour extensive consultation with Dr. Hui and his staff in Toronto at which time I decided that I would go ahead with the proposed treatment of IV Chelation plus extensive supplementation and significant dietary changes. I celebrated my 73rd Birthday on July 24th at the Barrie Chelation Clinic where I had my first treatment. I have been having treatments about twice per week; it is quite expensive-about $300 per treatment; and is not covered by OHIP who primarily endorse allopathic medicine which to me is primarily disease management medicine; I will need between 20 and 30 treatments; I have now had 17 treatments. I have been quite busy and active this summer with my daughter and her two little kids being here with us for 6 weeks or so, co-coordinating a 3-day conference in Montreal in mid-August, hosting a wedding at the end of August, assisting my daughter-in-law to move, gardening in Mount Albert, and spending 2 days a week in Barrie at the Clinic, etc. Overall, I have been generally feeling pretty good and I have had pretty good stamina. I haven't experienced any significant angina nor shortness of breath since my second IV Chelation treatment. I tested my lung/heart exchange capacity on September 15th and it had improved by about 50% since late July. I also met with Dr. Hui on September 16th and he felt that I was out of danger now and that I could go back to the gym. I am very encouraged by the progress so far. Based on my inquiries and research, I have surmised that the primary reasons why I have this condition are family genetics, family diet when I was young, my own diet, my age, my gender, my being over-weight/having a paunch :) ,etc. Many of my paternal forbearers had coronary artery and heart related issues. And I know that 2 of my younger brothers have had their challenges experiencing heart attacks and subsequently receiving stents (angioplasty). Frankly, I am quite irritated that our Canadian medical system including OHIP primarily endorse and financially support allopathic medicine and provide very little support for alternative and integrative medicines. Not only am I paying towards the OHIP, I am also personally paying for the IV Chelation treatments and supplementation. I estimate that my out of pocket cost for these treatments, which are eradicating the cause of the CAD, will be about $10,000. However, note that I have been told that the Quintuple Bypass Surgery would have cost OHIP over $40,000!!! This surgery only provides for the replumbing/bypassing of 5 arteries near my heart without addressing the cause of the blockage which is impacting all of the cardiovascular system. And to boot there are significant risks in not surviving bypass surgery and to possibly experience a heart attack and/or stroke during or subsequent to surgery. I consider myself very fortunate in having had great guidance and care from Dr. Hui in avoiding a major catastrophe-intrusive surgery!! I am so grateful for Dr. Hui's professional, knowledgeable and caring medical care. Dr. Hui spends whatever time is required with his patients and thus he sometimes runs behind schedule. I don't mind as I know that he will make time for me too if necessary. And I also extend my appreciation for the support staff who are so caring and attentive. Larry G

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I first saw Dr. H. In late August, I was desperate......... in constant pain, very depressed, suffering chronic fatigue, and feeling generally hopeless. I have had Fybromyalgia for several years, I've been prescribed all the toxic drugs that are given to fibro patients, plus lorazepam, and antidepressants. Nothing worked on the pain, or the chronic fatigue, I saw specialist after specialist, no one would give me a clear diagnosis until I finally saw a rheumatologist who finally told me I had fibro. I spent most of this summer in bed, the pain was debilitating, and I had neither the energy nor the inclination to get up and try and live a normal life. Fibro comes with a host of different symptoms, all debilitating. That along with the toxic drugs sent me into a downward spiral of depression. I would cry at night because of the pain, I was sleep deprived and mentally stopped functioning. My husband, although very supportive, felt helpless, as nothing he could say or do, gave me any relief. At my first consultation with Dr. H. I felt heard, and I felt that Dr. H. really understood what I was going through. He went into great detail explaining to me his method of treatment for fibromyalgia, I felt that he really wanted me to understand, he also gave me reading material and directed me to articles to read on the Internet, so that I would know exactly what he was prescribing for me. He actually told me exactly how I was feeling! Dr. H prescribed 20 treatments of I.V. administered hydrogen peroxide, and also an I.V. administered mix of vitamins and minerals to improve my adrenal glands which were causing my chronic fatigue. I was lucky enough to start treatment the same day and left the clinic feeling hopeful that this doctor really knew what he was talking about and that I was finally going to feel the benefit from a non toxic treatment. I felt really tired that first week, but by the end of the third treatment, my pain was practically non existent. I have now had 16 of my 20 treatments. I am pain free and slowly getting my energy back. I feel amazing, I am no longer taking any drugs, am off anti depressants, and can't quite believe my good fortune in meeting this incredible doctor, who has given me my life back, who has given my husband his wife back and whose grandchildren have a grandmother who has the energy and the desire to play with them. Words cannot describe my gratitude to Dr. H and his amazing team who really are changing lives. From the bottom of my heart Dr. H , Thank you,

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Fred Hui's Credentials

• U of T (Grad. 1979)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He, is one of the best Doctors I have ever visited in my 60 yrs. His knowledge, and persistence in diagnosing a illness is 2nd to none! Before any script is w..."

January 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had mercury poisoning from silver dental fillings. Went to 6 different doctors, none of them were very helpful. This doctor prescribed IV DMPS treatment and..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had adrenal fatigue. My symptoms included day time sleepiness, lack of physical endurance and general lack of energy. He helped me to overcome my adrenal fa..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I ran more than 100 kms in one day to raise money for a food bank. Of course I trained for almost one year, prior to that chalenge. Athlètes are able to achieve..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "ASASASHHSHSHHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH"

December 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent and always on time listens to the patients "

November 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This gentleman is a brilliant doctor, an MD from the University of Toronto. However, he has continuously pursued additional medical knowledge in Chinese and al..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very glad that I came across this physician by referral from another patient that had the same diagnosis and symptoms that I was experiencing. He takes hi..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Thé Doctor treated my son for chron's disease very successfully. When The doctor saw him he was near death. Now he is symptom free and thriving - simply amazing..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. " A passing comment to my family doctor at the end of my annual physical checkup in mid-June has changed much in my life. I told my GP that I sometimes experi..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first saw Dr. H. In late August, I was desperate......... in constant pain, very depressed, suffering chronic fatigue, and feeling generally hopeless. I have ..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Having suffered a massive heart attack in March 2013 and an emergency procedure of a Stent insertion for a 100% LAD blockage, the odds of me surviving this epis..."

October 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I remember feeling ill since I was a teenager. Although I was always feeling somehow off I kept on studying hard, working hard and doing my best while I dragged..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Recently I visited dr Fred after coming off of a couple difficult seasons as a professional baseball player. I went to visit him because I was suffering from se..."

October 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fred is an excellent physician who I would highly recommend to any of my family members and close friends! His staff are also amazing, very professional, sk..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fred has a very busy practice (also gives you as much time as you need once you get into his office) so be prepared for a bit of a wait. Well worth your ti..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Fred H and his team are very thorough, friendly and extremely competent. They asked me very detailed questions on my intake and subsequent visits. I have a..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Helpful, informative, available and considerate. "

September 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had back problems for years. No doctors seemed able to help me relieve the constant pain I experienced. I was told by a co- worker that I should see Dr. Fred..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had severe Psoriasis for over 20 years. In that time, I had many treatments including UVB, topical steroids, medication and homeopathy. None of these treatme..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My aunts hair are growing again and her skin is perfect. Nobody could help her before but he could. We are very thankful. You are great!"

August 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor was recommended by a friend. Our daughter had a condition - burning mouth syndrome - that was presented to a number of caring and intelligent physic..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Let me first begin with my highest praise for a profoundly successful treatment with Dr. Fred H. His techniques are gratefully unconventional, as time and again..."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. " I sincerely write this testimonial about Dr Fred who treated me for my health problems.I am very much impressed with Dr Fred's kindness and the way of his appr..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I suffered for about a year with various symptoms of pain (joint, muscle, bone), fatigue, chills, tingling, twitching muscles, etc. My pain issues started short..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I booked an appointment for Dr H and while I feel he is an amazing doctor his staff member was worried about going for lunch while asking me questions. The fees..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My son, Andrew, suffered from Crohn's disease. A few years ago, he came back from university in May looking like pale and weak. He had lost 20 pounds in a few ..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fred H is our Godsend. Without him, I know my husband would have been totally incapacitated by now. Before we found Dr. H, my husband's various doctors o..."

July 4, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Aaaaàaaaagdjghgghhhhhbnnnnnnnbbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

June 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor treated me for Scleroderma in May 2014 and after 12 months under his care my rheumatologist has advised that my scleroderma is no longer active. It..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fred is a genius! He is caring, attentive but most of all a leading expert on Eastern and Western medicine! As a lawyer I am somewhay cynical but Dr. Fred exc..."

June 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A bladder infection 5 years ago became chronic. Antibiotic treatments became routine and so did the anxiety of me having to over explain myself to doctors. No o..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This special individual is a real doctor in every sense. It is a privilege to be under the care of such a compassionate physician. I've been going to his office..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Test Test TestTest Test TestTest Test TestTest Test Test"

June 12, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drhui.com/" to "http://drhui.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M4W 3T1". Address has been updated from "None" to "421 Bloor Street East". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14169204200".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dslfksa as;ldjf ;slkj lkasjdfl; ladsjf lasjd asldfj ;kjsadf las;ljdflksdjflk;sadjf;l aslfjsdal; asldfjldsa;kfj"

May 31, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "One year ago I presented to this doctor's office with fluroquinilone neuropathy and tendonopathy, which was the result of the drug Levoquin. There had seemed ..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm 50 years old. I was diagnosed with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) 4 years ago. At that time, colds and flus would turn into bronchitis and I h..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A year ago my 19 year old athlete son became seriously ill and down 60 pounds with Salmonella (misdiagnosed at a Toronto hospital) and Crohn's. He was forced t..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " Twelve years ago I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. After seeing a specialist and consulting at Princess Margaret Hospital, I was told future chemotherapy ..."

May 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Two years ago, I was diagnosed with RA. Together with the severe pain, I suffered anxiety and depression, to the point that I thought my life was over. Desperat..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After being seriously ill for more than two years with multiple debilitating symptoms I was finally told by my local doctor (I am not from Canada) that I tested..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had triple by-pass surgery in May 2010 and ever since I have experienced a discomfort. In October of 2012, my cardiologist did an angiogram and discovered thr..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a very active 79 year old male who for over 50 years have balanced a career as an Airline Pilot and more recently as a Corporate Chief Pilot and Flight Op..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Chelation treatments saved my life. In 1981 I had an open heart surgery in Wellesley hospital and they told me that I was clogged up, I was told that they could..."

April 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a 61 year old female, I came to this doctor with issues of fatigue, increasing joint weakness and pain as well as some brain fog. I had led an active life a..."

April 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "April 23, 2015 My name is Domenico Gianfrancesco and I am a 37 year old male with multiple health related issues! I have been diabetic for over 10 years, both..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dear Friends , have ever heard or see someone sick all the time and the outside world is saying they are crazy or lost their mind. well I..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife recommended this doctor to me. My Health problems were fainting due to low blood pressure, low energy , poor appetite. First thing the doctor did is..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Part 2 Thank you Dr Fred Hui , first and foremost for giving me back my dignity , and of course my health . Feeling better then I had in 20 years , 30 lbs li..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Fred H. was highly recommended to me , by our friend , also a Medical Doctor and specialist himself , as his own wife, like me had lived through breast can..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Five years ago, I was diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome, an autoimmune disorder which causes symptoms like severe rheumatoid arthritis, chronic dry eyes and dry..."

April 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first met with Dr. H. in December, 2014. I have been suffering from a debilitating flu like condition for 15 years with chronic fatigue and ever worsening ..."

March 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "before I rate my Doctor I would like to register my testamony"

February 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fred is a true genius! Plain and simple. :) There are no words to describe how grateful I am to know him. I feel truly blessed!"

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had seen Dr. Fred in 2004 and when I returned to see him this year he remembered me and my family, I could not believe the detail of his memory. However that..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I first saw him in 2008. I was in such bad shape I could not even keep my eyes open long enough to watch TV and could barely hold a conversation. After no succ..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was absolutely impressed with Dr. Fred's knowledge and kindness the first day I met him. First of all, he and his team dedicated more than an hour in my first..."

January 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I will give you an outline of my heart condition treatments and eventually being introduced to chelation with Dr. Fred and results following. In 2006, I had a h..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fred should be recognized as the role model for conventional medicine to aspire to. While convention medicine's focus is on treating symptoms with questi..."

December 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is a very caring and compassionate physician who is very informed and truly an expert in his field. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an exc..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fred doesn't give up. He keeps going until he determines the root cause of the problem. He investigates all possible conditions contributing to the symptoms..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent! The IV treatments for arthery cleanings worked. Half way through the treatment a major improvement is observed in energy level and the length of the ..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In my recent rating about my kidney stone, I failed to include that prior to acupuncture, I was experiencing pain of the kidney stone for one week. During that..."

September 11, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Family / G.P." to "Preventive / Occupational"

March 11, 2014