Ratings for Dr. Ian Petrie

Saw him when he was in Brampton and I was pregnant with my first baby. This man has terrible bedside manner. I left the Appt in tears and immediately switched to another doctor in the office. Terrible!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

I miss him very much after having him as my doctor for over 40 yrs! Perhaps now that I have found his location, I might try to have a quick visit to catch up. He and his wife have taken care of me extremely well in the past, albeit with very long waits, but overall their care was worth it. Maybe I should move to Owen Sound myself! They are the best!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Had to wait 2 hours to see him. Nurses excuses were lame. Not very professional. Dr. doesn't explain test results and seems like he doesn't listen to the patient. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

Probably the best doctor I have had, investigates all complaints thoroughly and refers to proper specialists when necessary.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

Dr. Ian was my doctor since I was a young girl, I am now 41. He delivered my 3 children and walked me through every medical ailment my kids and I endured. We miss him dearly since he left the Brampton area. His bedside manner was always caring and very fatherly. Always a perfect gentleman. Thanks for all the wonderful years of being our doctor and friend.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010

The receptionists in this office do everything they can to accomodate you into the Dr's busy schedule. Often times, you may have to wait in the waiting room, but once seeing Dr. Petrie it is always worth the wait. He is very thorough, helpful, and carries much knowledge as to what it is you are dealing with. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Dr Ian has been my doctor for over 40 years. I have followed him around and hate to have to find a new one as his health is not very good at this time. Great, great person, my whole family love him, he has always been there for us. No complaints at all.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009

It's nearly impossible to get a family doctor up here, so I was just glad to get one at all. Sometimes I find it hard that he can't seem to remember anything about me from one visit to another, as I was with a doctor in Toronto who had known me all my life, but he does address most of my concerns within the appointment, even if the wait times are often long (45 min-1 hour+).

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

Dr. Petrie was my family doctor for 42 years. I think he is a awesome doctor. No other can compare. Hope all is well with him. I miss "Dr. Ian".

flag | Submitted February 22, 2008

Dr Petrie is excellent. Only problem is that he only works part-time and the other 3 Dr's in the practice will not see each other's patients. The staff do not help. In advance of an apptmt (which Dr Petrie didn't make, but I did, driving 20kms through a snowstorm) I asked the staff to do some legwork, because all I wanted was a referral to a dermatologist. I asked this at time of booking, 2 weeks before the apptmt, and also a wek before. When I got there for the no-show by Dr Petrie, they had done nothing. The nurse said - quote - "you're not the only patient you know". I asked to see Dr Tweedie who was there, the waiting room was totally empty - the nurse refused. Because of lack of dermatology treatments in the past (impossible to book them here), I have had 2 operations in the last year, full anaesthetic. Since I have leukemia any operation is risky. Am I pissed-off at the nurse - YOU BET ! She is a non-caring person, totally the opposite of Dr Petrie.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007