Ratings for Dr. K. Frederick Ho

Dr. Ho performed two cataract surgeries. My current vision is 20/20 post surgery. I found Dr. Ho and his office staff to be very professional. The results speak for themselves.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

The first thing I want to do here is to highly recommend Dr. Ho for doing cataract surgeries. I waited until now, a full month after my two cataract procedures, to place this review as I wanted to make sure the shock of seeing again was not something that wore off. It has not! Dr. Ho and his staff handled my cataract removal and lens replacement with professionalism, expertise and full openness of the path to my successful surgeries. Although I chose not to have lens replacements that would eliminate my wearing glasses. Dr Ho’s surgical experience and skills did vastly improve my naked vision (without glasses). I can now see tremendously better without my glasses then I have in many years. I find myself actually forgetting to put on my glasses when I get up in the morning or after showering. Before the surgeries without glasses I could NOT see my nightstand clock, could not look into a mirror to shave, or comb my hair or groom. I could not see the TV, the computer screen nor drive at all without having my glasses on. Now I can. My naked vision is not only like it was when I was in my twenties (I am near 70 now) but also my vision is clearer, brighter and more vivid. I had not realized how cataracts actually act as a shade over your eyes. My research led me to Dr. Ho. All folks who had gone to him for cataract surgery and other eye alments were completely satisfied with his services. So I made my next yearly eye exam with Dr Ho. I found him and his staff to be very friendly and open to my questions while not rushing me during my appointments. After my eye exam, Dr. Ho asked me about my cataracts and if I had noticed any problems with my eyes. He did not presume I had problems, he just asked. I was not having any vision problem other then the prescription changing every year (getting worse). Dr. Ho asked if I was ok with getting another set of glasses or would I be consider cataract surgery. When I said I was considering the surgery, he explained all three lens replacement methods he could perform (basic: change out the lens for the same vision or for a charge change out to a upgraded lens which would give corrected vision). Dr. Ho explained the procedures without pushing any one method and letting me decided what I wanted. With the decision to go forward with the cataract surgery, Dr. Ho turned me over to his staff. They explained the costs and billing (which was zero cost to me for basic lens replacement with Medicare) and then explained the scheduling of the surgeries, the prescriptions to be picked up before the procedure, the temporary limitations following the surgeries and answered all of my questions without my feeling rushed. Note here, one very important point about the prescriptions. They have a very expensive co-pay even with prescription insurance. However being as these are for your vision’s protection, they are worth it. BUT ask the person scheduling the surgery about a prescription discount. She can give you information on acquiring the same medications for much less of a co-pay. When each surgery takes place Dr. Ho’s surgery center and staff do a wonderful job prepping you through the 90 minutes prior to the surgery. The actual surgery takes about 10-15 minutes. One caution wear warm clothes as the surgery center is kept cool. I was required to have someone to drive me home and back the next day for my post surgery appointment. Dr Ho’s staff checked up on me by phone all day following the surgery. Post surgery was scary so they staff’s call(s) was a welcome as they answered my questions with advice and guidance. What is scary you might be asking… As I had been told, the eye itself swells due to the surgery and at first (and a few hours afterwards) I only saw a white burr out of that eye. By evening the white burr began to subside and I began to see shapes. By the next morning I was able to see, but the white fog still persisted. This white fog disappeared in a couple of days and fully revealed my very much improved naked sight. I fully recommend Dr. Ho. His office and surgery staff were very helpful and concerned to help me get through a scary time by giving me comfort by their professionalism and caring. I hope this novel helps you decide to let Dr. Ho do your cataract surgeries and maybe give you an idea of what will happen.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr ho has done cataract surgery on both of my eyes .recently The staff at surgery center and his office are the greatest He is just the best very kind and very professional and I am totally happy with my new eyes🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr. Ho is the best. I went to three doctors before finding him to do my difficult cataract surgery. He exudes confidence, is right on time, extremely skilled, did what others said could not be done, I can not recommend him more highly. His office, staff and surgery center are all top notch. He brought my eyes back, thank you Dr. Ho

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Very nice Doctor. It was my first visit and I was told I needed cataract surgery. I want to take my time in making this decision. I felt rushed. I read daily and have no problem seeing with my glasses. His chart during my exam was very blurry. I have never had a problem seeing a chart before. A second opinion won't hurt.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I was shocked at the surgery hustle!spoke to the dr.briefly and he advised cateract surgery. no info was given so i could make an knowlegable decision. I was ushered down the hall and the person there was ready to schedule the surgery!!! I feel I was hustled .Nothing was said about scheduling surgery!! I walked out!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Dr Ho is very unprofessional with poor bed side manners. Very unsociable and I don't recommend him to anyone. Quick collecting Copayment but bad in communication and results

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr. Ho met me in his office after hours, twice, to assure me and care for my eye problem. I am very thankful to have found such a dedicated doctor, and will continue to recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

My whole family goes to him. He provided excellent care and cataract surgery results. He fixed my nieces strabismus and provides glaucoma and diabetic eye care for my parents.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I'd been going to Dr. Ho's since 2006. Around 2007 I started having double vision, which I attributed to my age and my eyes being tired from working late. My right eye started turning inward. It seemingly was obvious to everyone but Dr. Ho. In 2010, he finally diagnosed me with sixth nerve palsy in my left eye. After an MRI showed no cause for the palsy, I waited and waited for Dr. Ho to schedule strabismus surgery, one of his specialties. He kept putting it off, saying he wanted to wait until my palsy had stabilized. Finally in 2013, I could wait no longer and went to another ophthamologist who immediately determined I had sixth nerve palsy in BOTH eyes. This year, I went to see a third professional who said my 6NP was only in my right eye, where I always suspected it was. I'm scheduled for strabismus surgery soon. Now I'm grateful Dr. Ho didn't operate on my left eye. That was the good one!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. K. Frederick Ho's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)