Ratings for Dr. Simon S. Chung

I used to go to same office to see Dr. Beall, after Dr. Beall retirement I was told that Dr Simon Chung is a good doctor, so I called for an appointment. I had to wait for over two months to see Dr Chung, few days before my appointment my appointment was cancelled because he decided to go on vacation. I got another appoint with him and waited over two months again for my appointment, when I got to his office on my appointment date time I was told that my appointment was an hour early which was totally incorrect some one made a mistake in recording the time the staff was so rude that instead of accepting their mistake and accommodating me they asked me to leave the office. The staff is so nasty and rude it is believable. I did not see the Dr Chung so I can't tell if he is better than his staff but I can tell that the staff is the worst I have seen in the past 30 years. I urged do not go to his office there are many good doctors in northern VA.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Would have rated zero if possible - wanted an appointment with Dr the receptionist asks me why you need an appointment I said it's personal which I need to discuss with Dr I am not comfortable talking to you she says "You have to tell me or call back when you are comfortable" ....Wow simply excellent - since when are we suppose to discuss personal issue with staff members

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I never got to see Dr. Chung. I was greeted rudely by the receptionist. I waited well past the scheduled appointment time. (I waited two months for this appointment.) I finally was taken back into an examining room. Then I was told to leave that room because someone else needed it and was instructed to wait in the hall. I continued to wait with no one offering an update or explanation. I complained and was abruptly and harshly told by an incredibly rude office manager that my appointment was cancelled, and I must leave or she would call the police. In my 70 years, I have never had such an experience. The culture of the office is, for lack of a better term, "toxic" to say the least.

Submitted October 3, 2015

Dr. Simon Chung is the urologist of choice for other doctors and nurses.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Chung to any guy in the DMV considering a vasectomy. The treatment I received consistently met and exceeded my expectations. The initial consultation was quick and informative. He meets you and spells out the details of the procedure, and he has a very personable engaging manner. The actual surgery was handled with utmost professionalism. Several very capable staff assisted and Dr. Chung put my mind at ease throughout the quick procedure. A plus and thank you!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

DR CHUNG IS AN EXCELLENT, CARING UROLOGIST VERSUS SOME I MET IN DOWNTOWN K STREET. HE PERFORMED SURGERY ON ME APRIL 2013 FOR URINARY RETENTION AND I AM FULLY RECOVERED AND FEELING WONDERFUL AND IN EXCELLENT HEALTH.HE VISITED ME THE DAY AFTER THE SURGERY, A SATURDAY, TO MAKE SURE I WAS DOING FINE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM AS A TOP UROLOGIST IN VA.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Chung preformed the Da Vinci Robotic Prostectomy on me. The staff at INOVA Fairfax couldn't say enough great things about the surgeon I chose. I did much research online and found Dr. Chung to be highly qualified in the most advanced surgery techniques. I have only had the best experience and would recommend him to anyone facing prostate cancer treatments.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

My previous visit had a 30 minutes wait. This time, I had to sit and wait in the lobby for 80 minutes to see Dr. Chung. He spent 2 minutes with me and sent me out to get a lab test order from the receptionist. While the lab test order was not the same as what Dr. Chung told me. I asked the receptionist to confirm that with Dr. Chung. She did not want to and asked me to follow the print out order which is a generic form.

Submitted November 6, 2013

My wife and I saw Dr. Chung in anticipation of my getting a vasectomy. His approach and demeanor to us was calming and reassuring. He spoke in plain language and took the time to answer all our questions (and there were many). We came to see him on the recommendation of several friends who described Dr. Chung exactly as we experienced. I had surgery several weeks later and the surgery and recovery went even better than described.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

my collegue at hospital, would go to him for my problems without hesitation

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Simon S. Chung's Credentials

• Hahnemann University School of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Delta Dental