You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Simon S. Chung

I never got to see Dr. Chung. I was greeted rudely by the receptionist. I waited well past the scheduled appointment time. (I waited two months for this appointment.) I finally was taken back into an examining room. Then I was told to leave that room because someone else needed it and was instructed to wait in the hall. I continued to wait with no one offering an update or explanation. I complained and was abruptly and harshly told by an incredibly rude office manager that my appointment was cancelled, and I must leave or she would call the police. In my 70 years, I have never had such an experience. The culture of the office is, for lack of a better term, "toxic" to say the least.

Submitted October 3, 2015

Dr. Simon Chung is the urologist of choice for other doctors and nurses.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Chung to any guy in the DMV considering a vasectomy. The treatment I received consistently met and exceeded my expectations. The initial consultation was quick and informative. He meets you and spells out the details of the procedure, and he has a very personable engaging manner. The actual surgery was handled with utmost professionalism. Several very capable staff assisted and Dr. Chung put my mind at ease throughout the quick procedure. A plus and thank you!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

DR CHUNG IS AN EXCELLENT, CARING UROLOGIST VERSUS SOME I MET IN DOWNTOWN K STREET. HE PERFORMED SURGERY ON ME APRIL 2013 FOR URINARY RETENTION AND I AM FULLY RECOVERED AND FEELING WONDERFUL AND IN EXCELLENT HEALTH.HE VISITED ME THE DAY AFTER THE SURGERY, A SATURDAY, TO MAKE SURE I WAS DOING FINE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM AS A TOP UROLOGIST IN VA.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Chung preformed the Da Vinci Robotic Prostectomy on me. The staff at INOVA Fairfax couldn't say enough great things about the surgeon I chose. I did much research online and found Dr. Chung to be highly qualified in the most advanced surgery techniques. I have only had the best experience and would recommend him to anyone facing prostate cancer treatments.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

My previous visit had a 30 minutes wait. This time, I had to sit and wait in the lobby for 80 minutes to see Dr. Chung. He spent 2 minutes with me and sent me out to get a lab test order from the receptionist. While the lab test order was not the same as what Dr. Chung told me. I asked the receptionist to confirm that with Dr. Chung. She did not want to and asked me to follow the print out order which is a generic form.

Submitted November 6, 2013

My wife and I saw Dr. Chung in anticipation of my getting a vasectomy. His approach and demeanor to us was calming and reassuring. He spoke in plain language and took the time to answer all our questions (and there were many). We came to see him on the recommendation of several friends who described Dr. Chung exactly as we experienced. I had surgery several weeks later and the surgery and recovery went even better than described.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

my collegue at hospital, would go to him for my problems without hesitation

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Chung is most wonderful urologist in Virginia/DC! He discussed my diagnosis with me and my family in normal understandable English and answered our questions. He showed us that he was truly concerned for my safety and my robotic kidney surgery came off perfectly. I was able to keep the kidney when others told me it had to be totally removed.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Vasectomy went great. Dr Chung was very willing to take time, answer questions, and be available on follow up. Great experience, well, as good as one can have getting vasectomy!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

Dr. Simon S. Chung's Credentials

• Hahnemann University School of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I never got to see Dr. Chung. I was greeted rudely by the receptionist. I waited well past the scheduled appointment time. (I waited two months for this appo..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Simon Chung is the urologist of choice for other doctors and nurses."

December 14, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=45380'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

March 4, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=45380'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014
  • City changed from &quot;ANNANDALE&quot; to &quot;Fairfax&quot;

April 18, 2013
  • City changed from "FAIRFAX" to "ANNANDALE", Med School changed from "Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102" to "Hahneman Medical College Of The Pacific"

May 29, 2012
  • First Name changed from "Simon" to "Simon S."

April 8, 2012