Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Beall

I was under Dr. Beall's care for several years for enlarged prostate. Things got progressively worse affecting my work and social life, not to mention keeping me and my family in constant fear of going into retention. Twice I asked for surgery. Dr. Beall made a passionate argument against it saying surgery will open the floodgates and I will be constantly rushing to the bathroom. This didnt make sense and I consulted a urologist in a well regraded hospital. He frowned at Dr. Beall's argument and said I was a prime candidate for open prostatectomy. When I requested my medical files I noticed Dr. Beall had included this statement in most of his more recent medical notes: "Patient is not bothered enough to request surgery". This was of course very disingenuous and most likely he was covering his rear end. I had my surgery successfully and was told my prostate had enlarged to 5 times regular size. I cannot begin to tell you how much my lifestyle has improved. How I suffered unnecessarily for years while in Dr. Beall's care! Two more notes; He is very obnoxious, frequently belittling and making fun of questions or comments. Also, one of his more senior nurses whispered to me I would be better off seeing Dr. Beall's assistant Allison and that I should stay away from him as much as possible!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

I had 3 kids when I went in for my vasectomy and 3 years later I still have 3 kids. His dry sense of humor added some much needed levity to something I don't think any of us are real comfortable with.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr. Bealls is a rude and obnoxious doctor. When explaining a medical issue he was highly inpatient and belittles his patient. If you don't answer is question immediately he will say "hello" in a manner makes you feel you're so stupid. He is the worst doctor I have met in last 40 years.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012

Dr. Beal performed a Green Light Laser Therapy BHP to improve my nocturnia, weak urinary flow, urgency. After many tests and the requirement of a "medical clearance" I was ready for the surgery. The surgery was unsuccessful. The results were not good. All the symptoms got worse with blood in the urine (up to today 9 weeks later) , pain and lack of control (I get wet a couple of times a day). After two follow-up visits where Dr. Beal was rude, arrogant, had very little time to listen, did not allow questions he recommended physiotherapy. He also mentioned to get a second opinion. I am following latter advice. I would recommend anybody to follow his advice: get help from another professional more competent, with more consideration and interest in results. Don't go near Michael Beal!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Met with him to diagnose a very painful condition in my kidney area. After an initial consultation I went through multiple tests at an independent lab, obtained the results, and could not get a follow-up appointment or a return phone call from his office. We tried for weeks to get him to return a call before switching to another doctor. I consider this to be highly unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

Dr. beall was very competent and to the point. He also was very prompt ! You need to be on time and ready to roll when he is !

flag | Submitted December 6, 2006

Dr. Michael E. Beall's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)