Ratings for Dr. Louis I. Astra

Dr. Astra is an amazing surgeon! He saved my life. He is talented, understanding, compassionate, and cares about his patients. He did surgery on me a little over 3 yrs. Ago and worked on me for over 7 hrs. He made sure I wasn't in any pain and took wonderful care of me. He has also operated on 2 of my friends and they were very happy with how well he took care of them also. I recently found that my problem has returned and I spoke with Dr.Astra and he made me feel confident that he would take great care of me. I promise you if my own children need surgery he would be the doctor I would have them see 1st !

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

My 19 daughter had to have her gallbladder removed after stones were found in a non-functioning gallbladder. This diagnosis was discovered by ultra sound and nuclear pictures when she presented with severe pain in the middle of her chest due to severe acid reflux. She had to go to the emergency room and once she was put on Nexium the pain has not returned. Once the stones were detected he suggested it wise to have the gallbladder removed so as not to have to come in as an emergency when there is much more danger of infection and a more intensive and invasive operation. The surgery was about 50 minutes long and done through laproscopic manner. SHe did go home that evening. The doctor suggested staying over night and now she wishes she did as she was in a lot of pain and was throwing up. She is better today... I am rambling, but with all this said. Dr. Astra was great and I do suggest you stay the night....

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Dr. Louis I. Astra's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal