Ratings for Dr. Marty W. Odom

Rude, condescending, and unprofessional. His office decided to cancel our appt without telling us. And Dr. Odom refused to take responsibility or even call us back. When asked if we would have been charged if we cancelled the appointment, we were told YES. If Dr. Odom is this unprofessional in the appointment stage, I can only imagine the nightmare as a Dr.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Odom's from the time he opened his first office by himself, I find him to be caring and concerned about his patients. If I had no Insurance and had to pay cash just to see him I would. All of my family see Dr Odom and Love him. I have had some severe medical problems and if not for Marty would not be as healthy as I am today.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

"Marty" (as he may tell you to call him) is a friendly, smart, reasonably thorough doctor who will listen to you and typically remember what you told him last time. He is calm and sensible with treatment plans. He is aware of the cost of meds and will prescribe equally effective lower cost meds when appropriate. Front desk staff are helpful and efficient. Appointments are typically quick for acute care typically with an ARNP or PA. If you need to see him, it might be a little longer out.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

Office staff and Dr. Odom were aweful. I would never recommend this place to anyone. When he first opened this practice is seemed to care about his patients. Had a lump on my head, went to see him. He told me not to worry that it was probably just a tumor but because I insisted he ordered an MRI. He didn't even bother to call me with the results, I had to call his office a couple times and leave a message. He didn't call me back, he had his assistant call me and tell me that "it's just a tumor" and nothing else. He didn't care at all. I had to do all the research myself to find out I needed to see a neurosurgeon to cut it out because the tumor was thinning my skull and over time could have eventually penatrated through to my brain. I had no choice but to Dr. Odom to get cleared for surgery, but have never returned to see him again nor will I ever.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Takes a lot of time with new patients. Is personable and knowledgable. Takes the time to go the extra mile to help his patients. Office is clean and staff are friendly and helpful. Makes seeing the Dr. a good experience.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Great improvement in staffing over previous visits. They are helpful and much more courteous. Dr. Odom appears to be very knowlegeable and personable.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Office has been fairly helpful and lately appointments run remarkably on time. Sometimes it is difficult to get into the office unless you want to see the Physician's assistant. I find him to be helpful for the standard stuff when you need a prescription, but if you are actually having some concerns or issues, he doesn't seem all that concerned with helping. He'll write a prescription and be done. He'll ask if you have gained weight or not (without looking at the chart).

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I understand my wife is not the only patient and I'm relatively certain that they are busy at times. However the staff is less than courteous. Seemed genuinely annoyed that I called to query about the delay on tests done several days prior. A reasonable explanation would have sufficed and assuaged our concerns. Still awaiting diagnosis and consultation.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

Dr. Marty W. Odom's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)