Ratings for Dr. Ezra S. ElKayam

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

I have never had a doctor tell me that antidepressant is a pain reliever and I have never been more upset than I am right now, this doctor only cares about prescribing the medicine he gets kick backs for and that’s totally illegal! Stay away from this doctor.. He is the worse.. It only took him 30min to write me a script and that was before he scanned my MRI. On top of that he doesn’t listen to a word you say because he too busy talking about himself to care about why you’re there in the first place. Ugh do yourself a favor find another doctor because he is an Aggressive doctor too.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

ALL THIS DR CAN DO IS GIVE DRUGS THAT MAKE YOU WORSE BEWARE! HE GAVE ME A DRUG THAT MY DRUG STORE CALLED ME ON AND WANTED TO KNOW IF I HAD HAD HEART SURGERY OR A CLOTTING PROBLEM.I SAID WHAT! I CALLED THE OFFICE AND THEY SAID THE DR HAD TOLD ME HE WAS PUTTING ME ON THE DRUG AND HAD GONE OVER THIS WITH ME.I SAID WHAT NO HE DID NOT!WHAT ON EARTH WOULD I NEED A DRUG LIKE THAT FOR!I AM A VERY SICK PERSON I HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT DRUGS GO WITH WHAT!ALSO UPON MY LAST VISIT TO HIM IT WILL BE MY LAST BECAUSE HE STATES ALL FIBROMYALGIA PATIENTS ARE PRETTY MUCH NOTHING MORE THAN LABELED THAT BY DOCTORS THAT HAD NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN GIVE US THAT LABEL BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH US.HE AND''OTHER DRS ''STATE FIBROMYALGIA DOES NOT EXIST.I SAID DO YOU WANT TO TELL THAT TO THE ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION? ALSO WHY DO YOU HAVE/WRITE SCRIPS FOR THE FIBROMYALGIA DRUG WHICH I SEE THE POSTERS ARE ALL OVER YOUR WALLS? GEE WOULDN'T THAT DRUG COMPANY LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOUR TALKING.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

I am challenged by his manner. Was "ordered" to let go of my (closed) book (I had been waiting a long while). The book really upset him. I can't read a closed book. Perhaps he can, but not me. He has a very short fuse, and appears to have something-else on his mind (certainly not my condition). I was really stunned by his confrontational attitude.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr. Elkayam doesn't seem to hear what his patients tell him and what are his patients real needs. I do not hire him to hear what he takes or uses, only what I need to do to take away my pains. When tests are scheduled I expect him to be there or as least given the appropriate time to reschedule, not have his associate refus to do test in Dr. Elkayam's absence. Staff should know this policy. Either messages are not relayed properly to the Dr. or he does not care but telling a person suffering extreme pain to be patient more than once in my opinion is not a caring doctor who is looking out for my best medical conditions. As a patient I feel I "hire" a doctor and I can certainly "fire" any doctor I choose.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Just came to the conclusion that I should take Topomax because he takes it and due to the fact that I would lose weight by eating this tab. Gave lot of samples without checking my MRI results. Seems like more interested in pain killer prescription than helping patients to understand pain and how to manage life wihtout eating a lot of prescription tablets for rest of our lives. I only had a herniated disc

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Elkayam for quite some time now. I even traveled to see him. I wish that there was more doctors that were like him. He asked alot of questions so he can get to the root of the problem. I like that because I do not like to go to doctors. He makes me feel comfortable that I can tell him anything. If I call with any questions the staff always helps me and if they can not then they will find out from the doctor and will call me back. I always give his name to my friends.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

went for dizziness and headaches doctor rushes you out of the office , dont take any test to see what type of disorder you have but he give trial medicine about 9 to be exact and prescription for medicine he takes , which by the way is for seizures,dr stated will cure the headache but what about the dizziness ? was very disappointed for a nboard certified neurologist

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

He did not answer a single question we had. He had only his own agenda and was not helpful at all. Did not explain the condition of my head injury and told me I had a headache. Prescribed a drug he said was for headaches and never told me it was a anti depressant. Never asked if I had any allergies and as it turns out after researching the drug on my own, I cannot take the drug because of my drug allergies. He was not professional. It was our first visit and I did not need to know his medical history or that he was having a migrane. And I really did not need to know about his internet dating.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

Dr. Ezra S. ElKayam's Credentials

• Texas A & M University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Clearwater, FL