Ratings for Dr. Laura M. Cruse

This doctor is truly terrible. The wait time is at least 2 hours per visit and this has been going on for years. You can count on Dr. Cruse to tell you that you are supposed to be in pain because of your illness. No other doctor has ever said that to me; they have always helped me come up with many different helpful ways to treat and manage my pain. I felt like she had given up even when I hadn't. She also seems to have a practice largely because her father and older sister established the practice she is in and patients are required to stay with her if they start care with her. I was never more relieved than when I left her for a new doctor. I have been much happier with my care ever since.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

The wait time is awful. the staff does not know how to take a blood pressure. The first tIme I was there I waited 3 hours because she was late coming in running errands. She was very rushed and did not answer questions. The second appoint was made early in the am and I waited again because her car did not start. We discussed test results from the last visit. She had ordered X-rays on the first visit but not of my knees which is where the pain is I think because she was rushed too much. Now I wait in pain for the next appointment just because the knee X-rays where not ordered the first time.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I have been to the office twice now. The initial appt, my intro to the practive, left me waiting for over two and half hours for a set appt. The Doctor's asst seemed inept and not sure of what she was doing. After complaining about the wait time at the front desk, I was brought into a second interior waiting room and waited and additional thirty minutes in a paper thin gown, in a freezing office, all the while listening to the consultation very clearly heard in the room next door, so much for privacy. Against my better judgement I made a 2nd follow up appt. And this time I arrived one hour early for my set appt and waited a whopping four hours to be seen. The assistant, again, screwed up relaying th most basic information that I was actually there one hour early. Also, after first appt, I had to wait for a lab order, after 15 mibnutes i decided to leavebeing assured it would bem ailed to me. I had to call three times before I got the lab order sent. The staff really lacks proficiency.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

I moved to Tampa recently and was recommended Dr. Cruse from a coworker. However, I'm not sure why. I waited for over 2 hours to see Dr. Cruse, who spent 20 minutes with me. The front staff was insensitive and did not care when I told them I had another appointment to go to. I wish I would have read the previous reviews, because I wouldn't have wasted my time seeing Dr. Cruse. I'll be looking for another rheumatologist...I don't have 2 1/2 hours to waste waiting for a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Great Dr., HORRIBLE STAFF, she needs to fire every one of those rude employees that work (or don't work) for her. Enter the office to see a smoked glass sliding window with a sign that says "DO NOT TAP ON THE GLASS", but at the same time, there is no one to greet you, so you sit and wait for someone to get off their butt and help you. If you go to this office, be prepared to wait, and get treated like you work for them, and are interfering with their web surfing. Again, I like Dr. Cruse, but am not going to deal with her moron staff again.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

This doctor is horrible. Office staff does not return calls. Dr. Is rude and condescending, and clearly has her own agenda to go down her list, did not answer my questions. Wait times are horrible, and when I asked her about the diet that is advertised in the office for RA, she would not answer my question. Never going back.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

Dr. Cruse is a great doc, very knowledgeable and up to date in her field. However, all locations are poorly run as far as office staff and wait times.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I visited this office in late December 2010 and waited too long only for her to suggest a steroid shot which I politely refused. I called in January to schedule another appointment and the person never called me back and I called again and the appointment was made. But here's the kicker I get to the appointment around 8:30 checked in, gave my i.d and insurance card then only to be told Dr. Cruse does not take Cigna, well, my insurance changed from 2010 to 2011, wasn't it there job to ask what insurance I had before I made the appointment since it was the beginning of a new year, you would think. Before I walked out of there I had a few choice words for the office manager and she advised me it was my responsibility to tell them. Are they not aware that each time a patient calls the office he/she should inquire about the patient's insurance. The wait was too long on the first visit and no one calls back. Don't waste your time seeing Dr. Laura Cruse

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

I absolutely love Dr. Cruse - she is wonderful, caring & goes above & beyond for her patients. The front office staff, however, are unfriendly, rude, inconsiderate and appear to be barely functioning. And they actually get mad when asked for things like a return phone call in a reasonable amount of time. Or at all.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Staff very unfriendly. Dr. Cruse is very knowledgeable and takes her time with her paitents, but the wait for my mother has always been a minimum of 2 HOURS! and that is for a scheduled appointment. If you leave a message you NEVER get a return call. If mother did not like this woman so much I would change Drs in a heartbeat - not because of the Dr, but the overall package!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

Dr. Laura M. Cruse's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)