Ratings for Dr. Lynn A. Gaskins

Dr bedside manner could use imporovement. Office staff is terrible. If you want to change doctors within the practice you will be kicked out of the office and asked never to come back. This coming from a good patient who never cancelled appointments and alwasy paid ahead of time. Good luck.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Excellent Doctor. Up to date, caring and compassionate. I have several medical problems and she never rushes me. I also drive an hour to see her but she is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

The other reviews are right. It can take hours to see Dr.Gaskins. There is a trick so that your wait isn't as long...as for her first appt of the day or the one right after lunch. (your wait will still be about an hour but that's better than the 3 it took my first visit) Her demeanor is very candid, she is not going to sugarcoat things, but that is what I like about her. She is very straightforward but really takes an interest and remembers things from one appointment to the next. Since I don't go often, the waiting is worth it.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

The Valrico Medical Clinic will do everything they can to pawn you off onto their nurse practicioners, one of which is extremely surly and impatient. Dr. Gaskins chose to see drug reps who were offering her perqs for prescribing their drugs - this made her 1 1/2 hours late for my appointment and everyone else's. She was not anywhere near thorough for a routine annual physical.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

Wouldn't listen to my concerns. Treated me like a science experiment. I have heard people complaining in the waiting room on how long the wait is to see the doctor because they like to overbook appointments. Go somewhere else!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Up to date with trend and is friendly and caring. I drive a hour each way to see here. I always look-forward to my appts with her. So worth the wait if there is one.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Went for a routine physical. Have tried for 3-1/2 weeks to talk to the doctor about the results of bloodwork. Multiple messages(about 10) have been left, most unreturned, 2 returned by staff, not the doctor.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

I went in to see Dr. Gaskins for a routine physical. She was warm, funny and caring. She made me laugh and put me at ease. She listened to my health issues, and addressed all of them without any judgement. I have seen many doctors in NY before I moved here, and NEVER met anyone like her.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

I personally have never used Gaskins for myself although my mom, 2 sisters (both doctors, and mother in law rave about her. My husband used to be her patient. Kind, thoughtful, detailed, and complete are words to describe her. However, he and my mother dropped her because seeing her is a nightmare. I have never NOT gone with my husband and waited less than 2 hours. The last time we saw her, my husband had a 10am appointment and we didn't see her until 1pm. They do not tell you at the front desk that they start booking her appts until 8am but she does not arrive until 9am. Ridiculous. My mother in law adores her because she really is the type to ask you how life has been treating you lately and what's going on. But that's what friends are for. I really don't see the value in waiting 3 hours to make some chitchat.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Lynn A. Gaskins's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1985)