Ratings for Dr. Mary Pavan

This doctor barely looked at my child and stated the child was alright. Child has since been diagnosed with autism and ODD. This doctor did not do a full developmental exam as I had been told she would. This delayed treatment for my child. I do not recommend her at all even though she at first seems to care. I did not see that she cared in a way that was helpful to my child or me and it was misleading to be told that we would have a full developmental evaluation when we did not.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Pavan is a developmental pediatrician and a lackey of Early Steps program/IDEAS. Her manner is soft-spoken and she, at first meeting, seems to care about a child's developmental progress. But the truth is that she uses the information she gathers about a child to develop a statistical "case" against the child in order to deny needed services. Presents child's progress in terms of age equivalent months instead of percentile rank. She will demonstrate that your child can catch a ball by strategically throwing the ball such that it lodges between your child's chest and a ride on toy without your child ever raising hands/arms. She will then declare that your child can "catch." Her approach to medical care is unethical and she demonstrates conflicts of interest between duties to patient and to Early Steps. I wonder how much more there is to this story from other parents ... time will tell. If your child is having developmental delays, don't go see her.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2009

Dr. Mary Pavan's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1972)