Ratings for Dr. Reynaldo F. Mulingtapang

Avoid this guy like the Ebola virus! He is a poor listener, jumps to conclusions, and is dishonest and self-serving. I had a bypass years ago and recently moved to the Tampa area. I needed a cardiologist. for follow-up care So sorry I wasted my time with this doctor Mulingtapang. After mishandling and mismanaging many things, including my medication, I left him for Dr. Berlowitz at USF Cardiology. He has been great. Good listener, very knowledgeable, asks the right questions, gets right to the bottom of things, and prescribes solutions that work. He straightened out my problems on my first visit, including changing me over to medication that made me feel so much better. If you’re looking for a cardiologist, I recommend Dr. Berlowitz! Aside from the shortcomings mentioned above, another problem with Dr. Mulingtapang's was that he insisted that all communications go through his nurse assistant (who is just out of school). The system was that she was supposed to write down what I said, send it to Dr. Mulingtapang, then he would write down what to tell me, and then she would send instructions back to me. Problem is, there was always something lost in the translation, or she simply wrote things down wrong. Since I could not communicate with Dr. Mulingtapang directly, I could never get the issues straightened out. When I did have a chance to speak to him during an examination, he would not let me finish what I was saying, said he was very busy, and that I should take it up with his nurse. When, on my last visit, I told him I was leaving and explained why, he said "Fine" and walked out. But when I took my records to my next doctor, I opened the sealed envelope and discovered that unknown to me, Dr. Mulingtapang had added a last letter, saying that he had refused to continue my care because I was a problem patient, and that my previous cardiologist had done the same. The letter included several other outright lies and distortions, portraying me as an unreasonable person whose criticisms whose criticisms would also be unreasonable. I guess he was trying to prevent himself from looking bad because I left him, but he certainly didn’t worry about making me look bad. He could have crippled my relationship with my next Cardilogist, or even prevented one from accepting me as a patient. I thought doctors took a Hippocratic oath to put the patient's well being first! My main thought after reading this sneaky, dishonest letter was that it was a good thing I had left this guy. He did surgery and someday I might need it. Who knows what he would do when I was out cold and no one was watching! I am a reasonable and balanced person, and this is an objective review . My daughter, also a Doctor, was present for my visits with Dr. Mulingtapang. She witnessed all that I said above, which is why I'm not afraid of him suing me for this review. This is what really happened and I can prove it.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

He has followed my husband for 4 years after an aortic dissection. There is no other doctor we would go to. He is up to date on techniques and has a genuine concern for his patients. Always explains when we have questions.....he is superb!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! POOR MANNERS

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr. Reynaldo F. Mulingtapang's Credentials

• Univ Of The Philippines, Coll Of Med, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1983)