Ratings for Dr. A Baziany

He over prescribes, gets stubborn at times, doesn't believe in sending patients for therapy through psychologist because he prefers toxic medication that doesn't do what it claims it does (antipsychotics), and completely certifies rather quickly rather then trying to snap you out of any psychosis with countering therapy.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Took the time to diagnose me properly which is something nobody had done before. Openly discussed theories and ideas. Loves talking. Loves listening. First psychiatrist I feel comfortable with!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I dealt with doctor Baziany as he was my psychiatrist in the Saskatchewan prison system. I under stand psychiatrist have responsibilities and have to look out for their patients safety but forced medication that has many side effects is not the treatment and should not be constitutional. If they must offer something then they must offer therapy. I suffered from one psychotic episode and it continued through out treatment with medication with out any improvement and he still refused to take me off it. I eventually came to my senses and healed my self which was not due to the medication. So far csc has forced me to take this medication as part of my conditions and I haven`t had any episodes. Now I`v bee off it for months and still no episodes. I don`t know why they think forced anti psychotics is some kind of miracle treatment that cures schizophrenia to the highest extent possible. They are insecure and can`t seem to live with the fact that some patients might be able to manage their mental health with out chemicals. Very disappointed in this doctor and would not recommend him for any body who cares about there personal liberties and health.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr. Baziany has been my doctor for years, and I trust and respect him. He actually listens, rather than just pulling out a prescription pad. I have never felt rushed out of his office. One thing that I REALLY appreciate is that he speaks to me with respect for my intelligence, sharing the latest research, so that I can make informed decisions WITH him about my treatment. He takes into consideration my concerns with the side effects of medications I'm on, and tries to prescribe medications that minimize those side effects. He is attentive and personable, and dedicated to daily consultations with his patients when they are hospitalized. I feel that he always makes decisions with my best interests in mind--I have a great deal of autonomy in my patient/doctor relationship with him, but when needed, he has intervened.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr. Baziany misdiagnosed me and totally misrepresented facts about my life when I appealed the decision to be hospitalized. I felt VERY over-pathologized and over-prescribed medication (he put me on the maximum dose of a new medication and would not allow me to get off it). He said my symptoms and pathology were way more severe than they really were. I would NOT recommend seeing Dr. Baziany if you feel that a healthy you is a drug-free you! On the other hand, he was very quick to give me a prescription for Wellbutrin when I asked for it specifically.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

Mostly good experience with him. However I have had times where he can be somewhat unfriendly and confusing. He has given me conflicting instructions and raised his voice when I didn't understand.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

To me a Psychiatrist listens, he does. He knew of my frustration of all the meds I was on,I was without anyone for so long, dealing with death of a love one. And then He was taken over from another ,Dr Singh who had passed, and I adored. He tried increasing doses, this and that. He let me start from the beginning fresh,we know our bodies when the increases were to much I said thats enough, sometimes to much just doesn't help, and a little goes along way. Together we found a happy balance. And I feel great. I would recommend him anytime.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

Very punctual. Unable to answer questions and wants patient to diagnose self and diagnose treatment. His specialty is psychiatry and is an area that most people are not familiar with and what results one should expect from treatment.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2006