Ratings for Dr. BHARAT V. Parikh

I recently relocated to Crystal River and needed to find a Neurologist.....this guy is not who he says he is. He had no idea about the medications I am taking for Narcolepsy and actually refused to write one of them (maybe because it is FDA regulated) and suggested for me to find a doctor in Ocala through the yellow pages. How unprofessional for a "Physician" to even suggest such a thing.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

I had an EMG and was told it was very painful. When Dr Parikh performed mine, I felt absolutely no pain. He sat by my legs and I never moved from my position on my back. I had another EMG from another neurologist and it was painful. I was asked to move from side to side and on my tummy to do the backs of my legs. When I went to Dr Parikh's office to get a copy of my records to compare with the latest EMG and was charged .25 per copy!! I don't feel that I had an EMG by Dr Parikh and my other doctors have told me Dr Parikh's "EMG" report was useless. Please beware. I also believe that Dr Parikh is not Board Certified.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

I do NOT recommend this neurologist. In fact, I would implore people to go elsewhere. When we went to see him for the results of my mother's MRI, he was brief and matter of fact. He said, "she has considerable brain shrinkage and moderate dementia." He then told us he would write a prescription to help slow the progression, and promptly left the room. Once his diagnosis sank in a bit, I chased him down the hall to ask questions about her ability to live alone, drive, etc. His answers were brief, and he offered no additional information or resources for us. Roughly a year later, I called to schedule an appointment for her, thinking it was probably time for a follow up. His staff was curt and obviously annoyed because they had been trying to reach her for months. She has dementia!! Why they didn't contact me, I have no idea. After that, I found her a new neuro., who reviewed her previous MRI & revealed that she had had 2 strokes. Dr. Parikh never even mentioned them! Disgusted!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

I saw Dr Parikh 4 times before I found out that, although, his business card says "Neurology", Dr Parikh is not Board Certified in that field. Something to think about before you make an appointment.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Dr. BHARAT V. Parikh's Credentials

• Gujarati

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Crystal River, FL