You may also like

Ratings for Dr. PJ Mitchell

I had a great experience with Dr. Mitchell. He was non judgmental, knowledgeable about the procedure I wanted and no nonsense. I'm a little on the shy side so I appreciated how easy the whole thing was, just straight to the point, very professional. His receptionist was very friendly, answered any questions she could when I called. When it came to surgery I walked out of the inpatient ward at the hospital and I was back to work on the weekend, easy recovery. No complaints here.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

My whole experience with Dr Mitchell was great. He is calm, soft spoken, understanding, caring, and knowledgeable. Made me feel comfortable . So glad he was my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Was understanding, honest, helpful, and a good listener. Very professional

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Just had a C-section one week ago, loved dealing with this doctor. Very common cense right to the point and just about the job at hand, qualities that are super hard to find. Didn't have any problems with him or the way he did his job, would recommend him to anyone that needed a competent, knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I had Dr. Mitchell for all three of my pregnancies and csections. The first csection was emergency, the other two planned. He is the most knowledgable doctor I had come across in all three of my pregnancies. He never rushed through appointments, taking the time to answer all my questions - yet I was never left waiting long periods of time in his office. He is very highly spoken of from the nurses, which speaks volumes. He is the best OBGYN surgeon. His follow up care after my surgeries was great as well. I never experienced any rudeness, meanness or anything like that. Always friendly, and kind. He always explained everything to me in great detail, and never spoke down to me - even though with my first pregnancy/delivery I was a young single mother. (Other OBGYNs talked down to me because of that) I highly recommend him and am sad I will not have any more children that he can give me care for!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr Mitchell is the epitome of professionalism and common sense. Whilst pregnant with twins I had the benefit of his knowledge, care and support throughout and we certainly needed him! If you're needing an exceptional Dr then look no further!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

If you have endometriosis do not see this Dr. His treatments are outdated and a waste of money and precious time. Do seek the professionals at the pelvic pain clinic in vancouver. They are winning awards for their professional treatment of endometriosis and use proven techniques and treatments that are current and work. Don't believe his statistical lies they are outdated and refuted by new research. The drugs he puts you on have very damaging and long term negative effects. Seek a second opinion at the pelvic pain clinic before you take any pills or injections, as they will not have the reported 85% effectiveness that he says they will.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

I have had years of bad experience with this doctor when I was pregnant at 16 I was having issues and he wanted to send me to Vancouver and I said I don't fly so he said ether I go or I lose the baby we'll I stayed and he was not happy and sure was not happy when I carried to full term and had a healthy baby also when I was having kid again a few years later he promised me a epidural we'll he never came back to my room Intill it was too late and I was ready to push and in a lot of pain he told me to stop my squealing and I told him to get out of the room and he got all mad walked out of the room and came back sat in a chair and said he had to be there since I'm a v back and my mid wife delivered a healthy boy he's not nice if you stand up for your self

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

i have had 3 different appointment and a surgery with Dr Mitchell. Dr Mitchell was always warm, professional and extremely attentive to my needs. Hospital staff really seem to respect him too. I really appreciate that he more on the serious side. That is kind of calming when a Dr is looking at your private area :).

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

After reading the comments on this site I am noticing a pattern. If you respond to his treatment you love him. But if you are a patient who develops complications or doesnt respond to his treatments he turns into a arrogant prick. Also if you dont respond to treatment he suspects IBS. Well, sometimes treatments work and sometimes they dont, and when they dont work its not always because of IBS.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Dr. PJ Mitchell's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience with Dr. Mitchell. He was non judgmental, knowledgeable about the procedure I wanted and no nonsense. I'm a little on the shy side so I..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My whole experience with Dr Mitchell was great. He is calm, soft spoken, understanding, caring, and knowledgeable. Made me feel comfortable . So glad he was my..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was understanding, honest, helpful, and a good listener. Very professional "

July 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had a C-section one week ago, loved dealing with this doctor. Very common cense right to the point and just about the job at hand, qualities that are super..."

June 9, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9S 5H6". Address has been updated from "None" to "1517 Dufferin Crescent". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12507541258".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had Dr. Mitchell for all three of my pregnancies and csections. The first csection was emergency, the other two planned. He is the most knowledgable doctor I ..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mitchell is the epitome of professionalism and common sense. Whilst pregnant with twins I had the benefit of his knowledge, care and support throughout and ..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If you have endometriosis do not see this Dr. His treatments are outdated and a waste of money and precious time. Do seek the professionals at the pelvic pain..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have had years of bad experience with this doctor when I was pregnant at 16 I was having issues and he wanted to send me to Vancouver and I said I don't fly s..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "i have had 3 different appointment and a surgery with Dr Mitchell. Dr Mitchell was always warm, professional and extremely attentive to my needs. Hospital staf..."

December 11, 2014