Ratings for Dr. Karyn Broad

I saw Dr. Broad roughly 12 years ago when she was working at the Sexual Health Clinic. I had just been through a traumatic experience at 16 years old and Dr. Broad came in to do a pap test/physical. I was extremely anxious and after her fighting trying to insert the speculum she threw her hands up and said annoyed, "If you can fit a pen*s in there, you can fit a speculum in there!", and she stormed out. I'm now 28 and married with two kids of my own, but still think of this experience every so often. I never went back to her and I can't imagine her bedside manner has improved over the years. If I had have known better I would have made a complaint when it happened.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

My husband has cancer which we deal with, cope with, live with and by the Grace of God we have two wonderful Oncologists in Dr Broad and Dr Anan at Everett Chalmers Onc Clinic in Fredericton. We cannot recommend them highly enough - they are so genuine in their care and are very informed. They are real angels and we trust them both implicitly.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I love her! She is great! I feel lije she actually cares.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

She is part of the team who mis-staged and mistreated my husband, stealing precious time away from his life. And the receptionists...LAZY. Please no one, do yourself a favor, stay away from the oncology team at this hospital. Dealing with stage 4 cancer is difficult enough, and then adding the mistakes in from these doctors, the anger from that is just too much. The receptionist team, except one, are rude, mean, and just totally lazy. You deserve better!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Receptionist is terrible,caught her putting the phone receiver in her drawer so people couldn't call in!Dos is abrasive/blunt, lacks compassion. I called once crying with a nervous depression and was told "I'm sorry, her next opening is in 2 weeks." When it happened with my new doc, I was in the next day. Dr Broad along with her receptionist desperately need sensitivity training and patient etiquette.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

i had Dr. Broad as a family Dr. for about 15yrs. She was pretty good with me, when I could actually get Cheryl to make me an appt. My son was sick for 2ys with throat and ear infection after ear infection, she wouldn't send him to a specialist. We were lucky enough to find another Dr. who took one look at his tonsils and his ears and immediatly got him into a specialist. A month later he had his tonsils out. I actually didn't see Dr. Broad that often it seemed that Dr. Tingly was working for her alot. I do find Dr. Tingly to be a GREAT Dr.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Dr Broad is a wonderful Doctor, very kind and wonderful with my children. She doesn't jump to prescribe right away, but offers other solutions, which I really like! Cheryl is a great nurse too. And Dr. Tingley is a great lady as well! Keep it up!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

Dr. Broad is fantastic, treats you as a friend not just a patient. she is very thorough and looks after me when i need her. I feel very comfortable going to see her. i feel very lucky to have her as a doctor

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

A good doctor - she's very efficient and knowledgeable - but I often feel rushed and 'uncared' for - just another 'body' to be dealt with.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2007

I FIND DOCTOR BROAD NEVER MAKES ME FEEL RUSHED AND I KNOW SHE TRULY CARES ABOUT HER PATIENTS

flag | Submitted April 14, 2007