Ratings for Dr. Alice Parker

Alice Parker has been our family doctor for almost 20 years now and I would not go to any other. Yes she appears to be a bit scattered at times but we all have those moments. I never have a problem getting in to see her and she takes everything I say seriously. She refers us on to specialists when that is the appropriate course of action and she is never quick to prescribe meds. If you want to family doctor who is simply going to give you a prescription and send you on your way, she is not the one for you. But if you want someone who really cares about your health issues and wants to help you, you won't find anyone better.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Hit and miss. At times she can seem caring and helpful, at other times rude and abusive. I am looking for another doctor and will not be going back to her.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Love Dr. Parker! I actually love the fact there are not any other staff members! I call, get an appointment through the call service and show up, no hassles, no repeating information etc. Dr. Parker knows me personally and my family. She takes as much time is needed and does appropriate testing. I trust, respect and really like my doctor!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Just awesome. Straight to the point. Honest and very, very helpful. I have read most of the comments here and it seems like most people are expecting her to give them some special pill to fix everything.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

She is simply awful! Does not use speculum for a Pap and has never done a digital exam on my husband to check prostrate. How is it possible that she even has a medical license?

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Very knowledgeable doctor and will take her time with you. Lack of a staff is a bit of a let down however.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

I was once a patient of Dr. Parker, but I wasn't for very long. She prescribed the wrong medications and I too also found her to be dazed half the time. And like someone else mentioned on here she did not have a secretary. That to me is just plain weird. Glad I switched when I did and have never gone back to her since.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Please do not use this doctor. She lost my Mothers test results that proved she had cancer. She ended up finding them by accident two months later. She lost test results so many times. She has no working washroom, she has no secretary or assistant. She told my Mother she had a chest cold when in fact she had ovarian cancer that spread to her lungs. Please stay away from her.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I find Dr. Parker very knowledgeable when she is focused on what she is talking about, but most of the time she is very scattered and absent minded. She was supposed to let me know when my first ultrasound was to make sure my pregnancy was not ectopic. I got a call an hour before my appointment to let me know when it was...so I spent 3 hours trying to drink enough water to get a good image of the baby and doing other things because I was not advised of the appointment beforehand. Also, after she referred me to and OB she forgot to send any of my personal information to the OB! My mother has been seeing her for 20 years and runs into problem after problem with her. When she was pregnant Dr. Parker referred her to another family Dr. instead of an OB. So all in all, I'd say she gets the job done if you don't mind going over things again and again.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Dr. Parker is extremely absent minded. She never remmebers things and I had to get a test done twice because she did not do it right the first time and. She also changes her mind constantly as to what to prescribe and for how long, going back and forth, as if it was my decision and she was expecting direction from me on what to do - I am not a dotor and it does not make me feel confident to go to her for a problem.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011