Ratings for Dr. David T. Thiele

I usually don't take the time to rate Doctors, but to help future patients I am compelled to write this one. Dr Thiele has got to be the rudest, arrogant Dr I have seen. I have never had a problem with Doctors before. His bedside manner is horrible. I suffer from lyme disease and it took many docs to finally diagnose me. He called me a "Dr chaser", a hypochondriac and belittled the infectious disease doc tat is treating me (one that he has never even met). When I showed him my positive blood work (CDC positive), he laughed and told me it was in my head. I am a 41 yr old mother and have been healthy my entire life until I was infected....I am in no way a hypochondriac, I was diagnosed by a Harvard Doc. He couldn't even explain my bloodwork to me, I had to explain it to him...He is the type of Dr that he talks, you listen, and if you dont agree with him or ask the wrong question, he gets angry and raises his voice. Absolutely pathetic.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Horrible! Gets you set up on an annual maintenance med and tells you to call in for refills instead of just putting refills on the original script. When you do finally call for refill-claims he changed the rules, he tells you that you have to come in every three months and holds your script/refill hostage essentially blackmailing you into using up your limited insurance benefits and thus forcing you to spend more $$. It's all about making money not the patient!! RUN VERY FAST FROM THIS DOCTOR-LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO TAKE A CHANCE WITH HIM!!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

The worst physician ever! told me I was imagining symptoms, went to another dr. who diagnosed me with hashimotos and lupus after doing the correct blood work. Thanks for making me suffer for 2 years.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

I totally agree with previous posters. He is NEVER on time and can be heard talking to pharmaceutical reps in the hall...laughing and joking while patient waits longer and longer in the examining room....in the past up to an hour. He gets very angry if a patient voices their feelings regarding his inability to keep up with his schedule. This is not what patients deserve from their primary care physician. In general, he is just rude and arrogant with no regard for his patient's time or feelings.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

I agree that Dr. Thiele is rude and condesending. The first time I had an appointment with him he stood outside my exam room screaming at the staff about having a new patient that day. The new patient was ME. It doesn't get the relationship off on a very good footing. I should have called it quits that day, but I did continue to see him for several months until the lack of caring and the rude manner in which he dealt with me finally took its toll. I don't expect hand-holding from my doctor but I don't think common courtesy is too much to ask.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

Rude, yells & speaks too loudly about personal topics. Unpredictable. Unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

Dr. David T. Thiele's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Illinois