Ratings for Dr. Ashok H. Bhat

I have had major issues with this doctor. Although I would rate Dr Bhat as an excellent physician, someone who is quite knowledgeable and very thorough and caring his support staff is going to in my opinion cost him his practice. The only staff member that shows any kind of respect to the patients is Rose, everyone else is rude and uncaring. The billing office is run so slipshod that patients wind up being responsible for payments that if billed correctly their insurance would have paid for. They do not bill the correct ins. companies nor do they use the correct cpt/dx codes. The insurance companies wind up denying payment due to "untimely filing" since it takes "forever" for Dr Bhats staff to bill corretly. By the time the bill is sent to the correct ins. co, and uses the correct codes it is too late for the claim to be covered. Hence you the patient must pay out of your own pocket. I have quit going to Dr Bhat because of this.Also, I have waited literally hrs to be seen by him. (3)

flag | Submitted December 20, 2009

I was recently in Dr. Ashok Bhat's office and the only staff member that helped me and was courtious to my needs was the Medical Assistant, Rose. Everyone else that I dealt with in that office was extremely rude and disrespectful. Dr. However, Dr. Ashok Bhat did a fantastic job, He just needs to have an office manager that cares about the image of there clinic the way Rose does...

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Ashok H. Bhat's Credentials

• Vijayanagara Inst Med Sci, Gulbarga Univ, Bellary, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1975)

• BCBS Illinois