Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Blackburn

The wait is always unreasonable and the Doc denies that you actually waited as long as you say. Out of touch with reality and staff does not care.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Dr. Blackburn is kind and caring. If you do as you are asked to do you get better. If you do not follow Dr.'s orders you are wasting your time and his. Like the old saying "You can lead a horse to water but, cannot make it drink" As a patient you must be willing to help yourself. Dr. Blackburn is straight forward and to the point. He is an excellent Dr. who knows what he is talking about. I wait as long as I have to in his office because ,I know when I get in the exam room He takes all the time I need to care for my problems. The wait is worth it!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

This man thinks he is God and does not like to be questioned about anything. Your wait in his office can be up to three hours and for this. I don't think so!!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

I used to go to Dr. Blackburn. Had Optima insurance. Stopped going when he renewed my BP med. at 1 1/2 to 2 times the dose, knowing I had a problem with it. Never returned my phone call to him to explain. Office staff is a minus 12, off the chart. Rude, not helpful at all. Husband goes there. Is grossly obese and a diabetic, yet, refuses to weigh him at every visit - "nurse" who I spoke with today, said "too busy to do labs to weigh", even though she said they have a scale. Told her I want his weight on THEIR record. Again, "too busy". Am trying to get husband to change Dr., but it seems he likes not being weighed. Do their own labs - I dispute their results, as 300 lb husband's labs are all "normal". If you want to sit and wait 2-3 hours to be seen after scheduled, go ahead. Waiting room small, chairs uncomfortable. Dr. seems too busy and distracted with politics to care about patient care.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

Best physician I've ever seen. Excellent clinician and surgeon. Treats my entire family well. Doc isn't a BS'er. Doesn't tolerate whiny patients yet, his heart is open to all. Wish he'd have been my brigade surgeon. Dr B is one of the most knowledgeable physicians I've ever met, and challenges patients to do what they need to do, whether it be quit smoking, lose weight, or change lifestyle. Busy practice, yet makes each OV count. If you want some commiserating soul who will baby you because you make excuses-this AIN'T your kind of doctor. If you are a pt who wants to be in optimal health and needs a Dr/lifestyle coach that will help you - this is the guy. For us military and allied uniformed people-LEOs, FF, first responders, etc, you'll find - Doctor Blackburn is one of us-same thought process, results oriented, accepts no BS excuses. IF you need coddling, find another doc. If you want the best, and are prepared to be an involved patient, Dr Blackburn is the man.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2008

Receptionist is a minue 7; it is impossible for this person to understand your request when calling or if it is understood to follow-up on your request. The nurses are very good. Agree with previous note, it takes two hours after your appt. time to see physician. Physician comes off as arrogant as he has a tendency to shut you off from asking questions. He does appear knowledgeable however.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

Can never get an appointment when you are sick. Office is not helpful at all. You will wait at least about two hours to be seen

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

Dr. Robert A. Blackburn's Credentials

• Nova Se Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Ft Lauderdale Fl 33328 (Grad. 1986)