Ratings for Dr. William B. Young

Very thorough doctor. Spent an hour with me doing a physical. Next visit was follow up care and he also spent quite a lot of time going over my results and future care.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

When I told the staff NOT to have the Doctor call in any Brand or Expensive medications it was done anyways and billed to my credit card without my knowledge or consent!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I had a very good experience with this doctor. I do not care if he is my friend, I only want my physician to concentrate on my health and doing a good job by me and my health. I have enough friends.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

This Dr is different. I had tracked a little bit of dirt in the exam room he was passing didn't realize he was the Dr poked his head in asked me to take my shoes off explained how I would ruin his vinyl floor told me to put them back on once I was outside. Went absurd when I asked him if Ins would cover mammogram told me it is a $65 x-ray fee isn't it worth it to know if I will live for another 6 wks... Don't recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

I saw dr Young for the first time last week. I found him to be very helpful and through. He did recommend that I do a complete physical. I have never had a primary care physician do such a through job. The office staff was great the front desk was very helpful in scheduling my referrals so that I knew where and when I needed to go. they also took care of doing my lab work and xrays right in the office. I found that to be very convenient.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

My husband saw this Dr. Young once for a second opinion and was considering changing his current primary doctor of 8 yrs. however, when my husband had a catastrophic illness strike him down the day after he saw Dr. Young, this doctor's reaction was not only unprofessional, it was inhumane! He is arrogant, unprofessional and should not be practicing medicine! Although my husband fired him from his hospital bed he had the nerve to send him a letter of termination! He also called my husband's hospital room at 11 at night after we had finally by the dr on call because Dr. Young does not do hospitals, got his pain managed after all day in pain! He called my husband to tell him he was on vacation in Key West and that he, my husband, knew he had lung cancer and needs to stop chain going drs!!! What doctor that has taken the hypocratic oath would ever do that to someone?! There was no diagnosis indicating this! He told a man that was alone in a hospital that he had lung cancer!! He is evil!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

This doctor is rude and does not listen to his patients. He told me that I must be the only one in the world who has a problem with a prescribed medication although upon checking with the FDA website, those same symptoms are listed as a "major" side effect. His goal seems to be to have you on the most expensive medication possible. A copy of my records to go to another physician was incomplete so that tests that he supposedly had done needed to be repeated. I got tired of being treated like an idiot and switched to another physician who immediately switched my medication and I'm no longer experiencing any problems.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

The doctor listens to you. He is truely concerned about you and your health.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

This doctor has a horrible bed-side manner. He is rude and makes you feel stupid for being an average person. The only thing that made me feel stupid was seeing this doctor more than one time. At the time I saw him, I had a complaint of knee pain. Instead of investigating the knee pain further he did an EKG (looked at my heart) and all sorts of blood work that were irrelevant to the treatment for knee pain!! My initial complaint was brushed aside upon the repeat visit. The staff was very kind and helpful when it came to scheduling the appointments and taking good care of me. This doctor questioned everything I told him about my history as if I was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. He is very hard to get along with and is honestly just plain nasty. If you value your health find a different practicioner - there's plenty out there!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

Although this doctor is very thourough and wise there has not been a single time that I have visited him that he has been friendly. His bedside manner is awful. I find him to be rude obnoxious and very intimidating. I felt that he never listened to my explanations very well. Today visit was the last straw and I left his office in very upset and sat crying in my casar for 10 minutes. I asked him a question refering to some notes my rhuematoligist had sent and he told me to tell my rheumatoligist that "he does not know what he is talking about' When I left I said I would not be coming back.. I was obviuosly upset yet no one tried to help me. Then he has the ordasity to call me on my cell to tell my that he would be sending me a letter of termination. Go figure! I am not nurotic or a trouble maker or over emotional I am just a patient who needs some good bedside manner or at least a doctor who is polite and repectful to his patients.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2006

Dr. William B. Young's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Spring Hill, FL