Ratings for Dr. Jack E. Maniscalco

I was sent to him by the WC insurance company/lawyer for an "independent" medical review. What a joke. I was warned that he was on the insurance company's side & not mine. That is why I brought 2 witnesses with me who wrote down everything that happened. He indicated on my chart PRIOR to physically assessing me that I had no back spasms. I actually had 4 spasms during the physical exam. He asked me what that was & I told him they were back spasms. He seemed annoyed with me. I was in so much pain during the entire visit & Dr. Maniscalco had to assist me with my balance while performing some of the neurological tests, which I failed miserably. In his report that the WC attorney used at mediation, Dr. Maniscalco concluded that I had "no further spinal issues" and that there was "no need for further treatment by WC doctors". His report also listed dates & other items regarding my case that were incorrect. If he would have listened to & read the reports from the other doctors, he should have listed the proper information. Also, side note, I had gone to see my orthopedic doctor 1 week prior to seeing Dr. Maniscalco & I was informed by him that I needed a spinal fusion to correct my situation. He had also ordered an MRI to be performed. I made the MRI appointment later the same day as the "independent" medical exam by Dr. Maniscalco. Funny, the results of the MRI conclude that I DO indeed have spinal issues and DO need another surgery!!! I had to pay for the visit to the orthopedic doctor and MRI out of my own pocket (had to cash in part of my retirement), but it was worth it!!! I can't wait to see Dr. Maniscalco and WC in court!!!! I guess since he retired in January 2014, he has to have some other supplemental income. He was also sued for not timely nor properly assessing an ER patient that resulted in the patient becoming paralyzed. This guy is a piece of work!!! When WC sends you for an "independent" medical exam, you are NOT required to fill out the paperwork from his office. He is just a consultant and has already received your info from WC. Good luck and stay away from this character!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Jack Maniscalco is the go to doctor for the insurance companies. Presents as a caring doctor, then will dismiss your complaints & symptoms with comments like "I don't sleep well and I think maybe I will sleep better tomorrow." Or "every one will have bone spurs and disk herniation, it's part of aging". If you were in an accident, don't see this doctor without consulting an attorney.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

First of all they made me wait 45 minutes in a cold exam room alone until seen by Dr.maniscalco.When he saw me he did not spend more than 5 minutes with me.Just to tell me that my primary doctor has mislabeled my injury,which wasnt true. I had MRI results showing 2 of my lower back disk(L-4 L-5)were clearly herniated and It was obvious I was in a lot of pain and he told me there was nothing he could do.He didnt even give a referal for pain management.Overall it was a very bad experience.The staff was horrible too.They made me feel miserable in the way the down talked to people.My attorney had me do a 1 time change for a new specialist to treat me for my back.He made me lose two months of useless examinations and visits.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr. Maniscalco comes off as very charming initially but once he performed surgery on my father's brain tumor, he never once followed up. It was like my father was just a number. He also overstated his ability and my dad's prognosis and left my father basically a vegetable, giving him a miserable existence for his final two months, barely able to speak and walk. We would have been better off letting him live one good month without surgery than letting this hack touch him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Not a positive experience.Very pious but not the surgeon for me.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Would not see me, violating several American with disabilities laws. Unethical & not up to date on laws that doctors are required to follow. The ADA protects HIV+ people from health care discrimination. State and local laws may also protect HIV+ people from health care discrimination. Under the laws, your doctor or dentist cannot refuse to treat you because you have HIV. Additionally, you do not have to disclose your HIV status to your dentist. Doctors and dentists are supposed to use universal precautions when treating patients. Universal precautions protect medical providers by requiring them to treat all bodily fluids as potentially hazardous. Therefore, medical providers working with bodily fluids should wear gloves and masks, and use proper sterilization and disposal techniques when performing medical procedures involving bodily fluids for all patients.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Dr. Jack E. Maniscalco's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)