You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Desmond Van Jaarsveldt

Dr Van is an amazing doctor, my family has been seeing him since 2001 when we moved here from Calgary. When he moved his pravtoce, we followed him, very understanding, attentive and has a great sense of humour! Love this doctor!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Van has been my GP for many years. He is a wonderful doctor. Very knowledgeable. Very compassionate and caring. I recommend him to all my family and friends. Unfortunately, he does not take new patients very often. I believe it is only family members that he will accept. Wonderful person, wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

He is a charming man and if I was only going to him for physicals I would be more than happy. But look around next time they stick you in Room 10. The speed of his speech is inversely proportional to the timer ticking down on the pc. I have had to go to the walk in after leaving his office where I have received a very different reaction to my symptoms. This now brings into question a lot of the things he has told me. Dr Van is a skilled doctor I just think he has too many patients and this pressure prevents him from being a fantastic doctor.

Submitted February 25, 2016

He's an amazing dr, always gives you the time you need, im always very happy leaving, I always leave feeling very positive. Getting through to the clinic on the other hand is disappointing. talking directly to his receptionist is useless as well. but he's the best doctor by far so i put up with the poor staff

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr Van is by far the best dr i have ever seen, and i used work in the medical field seen all kinds. Dr Van is one of a kind. He is never on time bc he truly cares about his patients and goes over all their questions and options. I am totally ok with waiting bc he is so amazing! He took 2 mins with my family member and had a correct diagnosis when their own family dr had no clue or didn't care one or the other . I am happy to report patient is getting better every day bc of his extensive knowledge and the way he truly connects with his patients. I am so grateful for him bc i probably wouldn't be here! I can't say enough great things about this man! He has become part of our family! We love him and will follow him wherever he practices. You want dr like this!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Had him for years best doctor I have had always listens what you have to say and speaks in a language that everyone understand? Sorry I Had too move and I miss him

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I am a specialist physician, I attend Dr van Jaarsveldt as my family doctor. He is truly one of the beat family doctors; an outstanding knowledge base, excellent clinical acumen, good intuition, and commonsense. The office staff are also exceptional,

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Without a doubt, he is the BEST doctor I've ever seen. He is so helpful so professional and so utterly awesome. Dr. Van has been my doctor for over 10 years and I wouldn't go to anyone else. He is just and all around great person as well as being a great doctor. I may have to wait a bit to get in, but it is definitely worth it. He is caring and compassionate and knows his stuff, and if he doesn't, he refers you to the proper people. Thank you Dr. Van for being you!!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr. Desmond Van Jaarsveldt's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Van is an amazing doctor, my family has been seeing him since 2001 when we moved here from Calgary. When he moved his pravtoce, we followed him, very underst..."

May 5, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Van has been my GP for many years. He is a wonderful doctor. Very knowledgeable. Very compassionate and caring. I recommend him to all my family and fri..."

May 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "he is and excellent and very caring doctor, not always on time but worth the wait"

March 3, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He is a charming man and if I was only going to him for physicals I would be more than happy. But look around next time they stick you in Room 10. The speed o..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "He's an amazing dr, always gives you the time you need, im always very happy leaving, I always leave feeling very positive. Getting through to the clinic on th..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Van is by far the best dr i have ever seen, and i used work in the medical field seen all kinds. Dr Van is one of a kind. He is never on time bc he truly c..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had him for years best doctor I have had always listens what you have to say and speaks in a language that everyone understand? Sorry I Had too move and I miss..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am a specialist physician, I attend Dr van Jaarsveldt as my family doctor. He is truly one of the beat family doctors; an outstanding knowledge base, excellen..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "A doctor with all skills needed to help and care for you he always makes me smile and laugh when I see him."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Without a doubt, he is the BEST doctor I've ever seen. He is so helpful so professional and so utterly awesome. Dr. Van has been my doctor for over 10 years and..."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Van has been my doctor for the better part of 20 years. Wonderful guy. Awesome doc"

August 25, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Awesome doctor. Always takes the time with every patient, which in turn makes all his appointments very behind but its worth the wait knowing he will give me th..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Van is amazing. He always takes the time to make you feel welcome and at ease. Even when he is full booked and behind, he still have time to ask hows the fa..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Van is an awesome Doctor. He really cares about his patients. Highly recommended."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My wife and I really like Dr. Van. He's a great doctor and cares about his patients. He's always happy to see us and when we leave his office, we know we've b..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Now this is a doctor!!! I lucked out when I went to a walk-in clinic and got an appointment with him. That was 12 years ago and since then I have had many heal..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor in Winnipeg, Will take the time that it takes to do his job right.has a great sense of humour,"

March 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr Van. He always takes time to explain anything and everything!!"

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I love dr van! He is so friendly, easy to talk to, and really seems like he cares. Best dr I have ever had! When I have questions he answers them and makes sure..."

September 23, 2014
  • First Name changed from "" to "Desmond"

April 25, 2012