Ratings for Dr. Desmond Van Jaarsveldt

Dr. Van has been our family doctor since we moved here in 2001, when he left Lakewood Medical we followed him to Pembina Medical, he is such knowledgeable friendly man, so caring, always takes the time to listen to you :)

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Very knowledgeable and positive gave answers for everything I brought to the office

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I don't care for any of these negative comments about dr.van- I've watched my own brother die because of other doctor's -WHO aren't caring or understanding and used my brother like a Guinea pig and he died. I hate dr.'s who hurry up and prescribe instead of asking the right questions! I've had so many doctor's prescribe me the wrong dose, the wrong pills- And you know who fixed it- DR. VAN! Me and my father both see dr. Van and we have him to thank for keeping or health where it should be. I had over ten doctor's because I don't trust anyone! But Dr. Van- he is my HERO! And anyone who says otherwise- Maybe you should get your head checked, because clearly- you don't know a good doctor when you see one! Maybe you ppl just want to have a health problem, but he's not going to give you pills to shut you up. I feel some of you just like to whine and most of the time want something wrong with you! You want a doctor who tells you the wrong health problem, who prescribes you when you don't need it and tells you he knows what's going on with your body when he doesn't- than go see another doctor! Because Dr. Van is here to help, listen, be honest and look after your health- He'll tell you to your face that he doesn't have all the answers and that every person is different. That's what I want in a doctor. Who cares if he is tardy!!! Who hasn't been tardy?? Atleast I know he is late because he is doing his job!! How many of you are late because you care? Do you know how many ppl he has to deal with in a day? Like lay off already! Seriously, I'm surprised he can keep a smile on his face! He's a great man, and I hope he keeps going on strong! And towards the person who said he holds your hand and doesn't tell you what's wrong- You're dead wrong! He holds your hand while he tells you what's wrong- He's compassionate as well as direct. He can't please everyone, but he does his best to his ability! None of you are perfect! So don't blame him if he can't appease you everytime! Not once has this man failed me out of 10 yrs- If you don't like him, see someone else- sinple as that!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr Van has the knowledge of a doctor and much better social skills than most doctors, which is good if you want your doctor to hold your hand, but not if you want him to catch something before it becomes a problem that there is no way back from. He talks more than he listens which can be a bad thing. I do not go to a doctor for a polite and friendly chat, I want answers, I want action, good news or bad news I expect my doctor to be a doctor in a timely fashion. I don't like having to explain to other doctors why my doctor missed something because it tells me I made a bad choice.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr.Van is a very compassionate and caring Dr. The best I have had. Very knowledgeable and very thorough which is what is needed to ensure proper care. The downside is he tries to take on too many patients in a day. Knowing the attention he dedicates to each patient, he should a lot 15-20 minutes per appointment instead of 10. That is just not realistic. Waiting 2 hours every time I have an appointment is very difficult taking that time off work.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Dr. Van is a very good doctor but I dont understand how people can be rating anything other than a 1 star for punctuality every appt i have i am waiting at least 2 hours to get into see him...being self employed this really eats up a lot of time that I could actually be working.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Dr. Van is personable and very knowledgeable, thorough, and attentive to patient concerns. The patient queue fills up causing delays in appointment times but they have developed an app you can download to check what if any and how long the wait time is.

Submitted June 30, 2016

Dr Van is an amazing doctor, my family has been seeing him since 2001 when we moved here from Calgary. When he moved his pravtoce, we followed him, very understanding, attentive and has a great sense of humour! Love this doctor!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Van has been my GP for many years. He is a wonderful doctor. Very knowledgeable. Very compassionate and caring. I recommend him to all my family and friends. Unfortunately, he does not take new patients very often. I believe it is only family members that he will accept. Wonderful person, wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

he is and excellent and very caring doctor, not always on time but worth the wait

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016