Ratings for Dr. Desmond Van Jaarsveldt

Dr. Van is a very good doctor but I dont understand how people can be rating anything other than a 1 star for punctuality every appt i have i am waiting at least 2 hours to get into see him...being self employed this really eats up a lot of time that I could actually be working.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Dr Van is an amazing doctor, my family has been seeing him since 2001 when we moved here from Calgary. When he moved his pravtoce, we followed him, very understanding, attentive and has a great sense of humour! Love this doctor!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Van has been my GP for many years. He is a wonderful doctor. Very knowledgeable. Very compassionate and caring. I recommend him to all my family and friends. Unfortunately, he does not take new patients very often. I believe it is only family members that he will accept. Wonderful person, wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

he is and excellent and very caring doctor, not always on time but worth the wait

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

He is a charming man and if I was only going to him for physicals I would be more than happy. But look around next time they stick you in Room 10. The speed of his speech is inversely proportional to the timer ticking down on the pc. I have had to go to the walk in after leaving his office where I have received a very different reaction to my symptoms. This now brings into question a lot of the things he has told me. Dr Van is a skilled doctor I just think he has too many patients and this pressure prevents him from being a fantastic doctor.

Submitted February 25, 2016

He's an amazing dr, always gives you the time you need, im always very happy leaving, I always leave feeling very positive. Getting through to the clinic on the other hand is disappointing. talking directly to his receptionist is useless as well. but he's the best doctor by far so i put up with the poor staff

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr Van is by far the best dr i have ever seen, and i used work in the medical field seen all kinds. Dr Van is one of a kind. He is never on time bc he truly cares about his patients and goes over all their questions and options. I am totally ok with waiting bc he is so amazing! He took 2 mins with my family member and had a correct diagnosis when their own family dr had no clue or didn't care one or the other . I am happy to report patient is getting better every day bc of his extensive knowledge and the way he truly connects with his patients. I am so grateful for him bc i probably wouldn't be here! I can't say enough great things about this man! He has become part of our family! We love him and will follow him wherever he practices. You want dr like this!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Had him for years best doctor I have had always listens what you have to say and speaks in a language that everyone understand? Sorry I Had too move and I miss him

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I am a specialist physician, I attend Dr van Jaarsveldt as my family doctor. He is truly one of the beat family doctors; an outstanding knowledge base, excellent clinical acumen, good intuition, and commonsense. The office staff are also exceptional,

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

A doctor with all skills needed to help and care for you he always makes me smile and laugh when I see him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015