Ratings for Dr. Desmond Van Jaarsveldt

I am so impressed with Dr. V. J.’s knowledge and skills. And he is very personable. Glad he is our doctor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

He is an amazing doctor who is never afraid to share his personal opinion. Trusts a mothers instinct and doesn’t try to talk you out of something. Amazing guy!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

He was great until I got seriously sick. If you're generally healthy or just need symptom management, he's a great friendly doctor. If you need someone to pay attention and help you find both the problem and solutions to the problem, maybe find a different doctor. I only got sicker under his care and he didn't do anything for me or seem concerned enough to really investigate.

Submitted November 10, 2017

I love dr van but his staff is terrible. I have called over 20 times and not been able to get through to book a follow up appt. The receptionists are rude and never friendly.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

I have been with Dr. Van since shortly after he started at Lakewood Medical. He gets to know his patients which helps to treat issues not just symptoms. He is honest when it comes to recommendations, will say things that people may not want to hear, but need to, but all in a way that is caring not arrogant or condescending . If you want a doctor that pushes medications, he is not your man. If you want a doctor that will help you, he is your man. If you want quick service, you are not going to find it with him. They have a wonderful app that saves you waiting room time.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr Van may take extra time to get to you, but when he is with you, you are his only priority and focus! He will help you with respect dignity and a few laughs! He has been my doctor for at least 11 years and is now my baby boys doctor! I could never thank him enough or show enough appreciating for such an amazing doctor! He and his wife (who is a dentist) are the most amazing people!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

There are several good things about Dr Van such as pleasant manor and communicating results, but there are a few things which are a red flag when it comes to health. The reviewer who characterised him as rushed and indifferent is right on the button; I could add to this sometimes flippant. Getting a second opinion after seeing him was the best thing I ever did. Having a friendly Doctor is always a good thing but once you look past that it is really more important for your Doctor to be focussed, observant, and alert.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Been seeing the Doctor for 4 years now. Very helpful, kind, and always explains why he is prescribing something or not. Always happy and friendly too!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Great doctor. Excellent care for many years. The wait is worth it ☺

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr.Van is amazing. I have been going to see him for over 10 years, and my entire family also now sees him. He doesn't dole out drugs unless necessary, which I appreciate. He is amazing with my son, and has been since he was born. He takes his time with each and every patient, which is why his wait time is long. I feel like he will take his time with me when I get in, same as he does everyone else, so I am okay with the wait. He is a truly caring man. Cannot say ENOUGH good things about him. :)

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017