Ratings for Dr. Desmond Van Jaarsveldt

Been seeing the Doctor for 4 years now. Very helpful, kind, and always explains why he is prescribing something or not. Always happy and friendly too!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Great doctor. Excellent care for many years. The wait is worth it ☺

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr.Van is amazing. I have been going to see him for over 10 years, and my entire family also now sees him. He doesn't dole out drugs unless necessary, which I appreciate. He is amazing with my son, and has been since he was born. He takes his time with each and every patient, which is why his wait time is long. I feel like he will take his time with me when I get in, same as he does everyone else, so I am okay with the wait. He is a truly caring man. Cannot say ENOUGH good things about him. :)

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I have been fortunate to know him since 2004. I followed him to his new practice. Yes, it's true that the is extra wait at his practice, however I found that despite his buddy schedule he'll take the time to address all your concern. My parents moved from their doctor to him now. His wife is a lovely dentist. It's hard to find a good doctor these days, but Dr. Van is worth the extra wait in the waiting room. (How can you complaint if you have Me. Bean.... You'll see)

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Sorry but wait time is ridiculous and Dr Van just doesn't listen. He comes across as indifferent and rushed. Following him from Lakewood didn't turn out to be a good idea. Now a long drive with a longer wait and a fast and rushed visit. Not good . Finding a new doc is easier said than done in the system.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr. Van has been our family doctor since we moved here in 2001, when he left Lakewood Medical we followed him to Pembina Medical, he is such knowledgeable friendly man, so caring, always takes the time to listen to you :)

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Very knowledgeable and positive gave answers for everything I brought to the office

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I don't care for any of these negative comments about dr.van- I've watched my own brother die because of other doctor's -WHO aren't caring or understanding and used my brother like a Guinea pig and he died. I hate dr.'s who hurry up and prescribe instead of asking the right questions! I've had so many doctor's prescribe me the wrong dose, the wrong pills- And you know who fixed it- DR. VAN! Me and my father both see dr. Van and we have him to thank for keeping or health where it should be. I had over ten doctor's because I don't trust anyone! But Dr. Van- he is my HERO! And anyone who says otherwise- Maybe you should get your head checked, because clearly- you don't know a good doctor when you see one! Maybe you ppl just want to have a health problem, but he's not going to give you pills to shut you up. I feel some of you just like to whine and most of the time want something wrong with you! You want a doctor who tells you the wrong health problem, who prescribes you when you don't need it and tells you he knows what's going on with your body when he doesn't- than go see another doctor! Because Dr. Van is here to help, listen, be honest and look after your health- He'll tell you to your face that he doesn't have all the answers and that every person is different. That's what I want in a doctor. Who cares if he is tardy!!! Who hasn't been tardy?? Atleast I know he is late because he is doing his job!! How many of you are late because you care? Do you know how many ppl he has to deal with in a day? Like lay off already! Seriously, I'm surprised he can keep a smile on his face! He's a great man, and I hope he keeps going on strong! And towards the person who said he holds your hand and doesn't tell you what's wrong- You're dead wrong! He holds your hand while he tells you what's wrong- He's compassionate as well as direct. He can't please everyone, but he does his best to his ability! None of you are perfect! So don't blame him if he can't appease you everytime! Not once has this man failed me out of 10 yrs- If you don't like him, see someone else- sinple as that!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr Van has the knowledge of a doctor and much better social skills than most doctors, which is good if you want your doctor to hold your hand, but not if you want him to catch something before it becomes a problem that there is no way back from. He talks more than he listens which can be a bad thing. I do not go to a doctor for a polite and friendly chat, I want answers, I want action, good news or bad news I expect my doctor to be a doctor in a timely fashion. I don't like having to explain to other doctors why my doctor missed something because it tells me I made a bad choice.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr.Van is a very compassionate and caring Dr. The best I have had. Very knowledgeable and very thorough which is what is needed to ensure proper care. The downside is he tries to take on too many patients in a day. Knowing the attention he dedicates to each patient, he should a lot 15-20 minutes per appointment instead of 10. That is just not realistic. Waiting 2 hours every time I have an appointment is very difficult taking that time off work.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016