You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Neary

LOVE DR. NEARY! So sad he is retiring, but happy for him. He was a wonderful doctor and I can only hope that my next Doctor will be as awesome. We'll miss you!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Neary has always taken wonderful care of my family and I. The only problem I've had with his practice is his receptionist... She might be the most disgruntled, disrespectful and generally crusty person I've ever had the displeasure of communicating with. I understand that working in the healthcare field is hardly glamorous and that some people are not always curtious when dealing with her. But my family and I have never been anything but polite when talking to her and have recevied nothing but disrespect and rudeness at every occasion.

Submitted September 20, 2015

deeply sadden to find out he is retiring, always found him compassionate and knowledgable ...always felt uncomfortable with Shirley , found her very short with me on numerous occasions , from reading the previous comments , I was not alone in this feeling

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Like many others, I am baffled by some of the remarks of others. I feel blessed to have been with Dr. Neary's practice since day one and now have to find another doctor with the same experience, understanding and compassion. Shirley has always been kind and understanding with our family. I am sad to see him go but, I am happy for him. It seems it's time for him to move on. Thank-you Dr. John and Shirley.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I am sad to know Dr. Neary is leaving. Hope an equally good doctor will take over. However, I wish the new doctor will replace the existing staff who doesn't know how to talk to patients. Staff in this job should know that people asking for appointments or when calling home they are calling patients and not people who are at the best of health. If they have a lot of patient matters to deal with then this is a practice with too many patients or too little staff for which innocent patients are not responsible. Staff should talk to patients kindly and patiently despite the stress of the job. Patient service is not for anybody. The present staff is just so bad she is in the wrong profession. Please treat people who are sick and needing help like human beings and selflessly, so you will also get respect. Respect must be earned not demanded.

Submitted April 20, 2015

One of the very good family doctors with a miserable receptionist who has asked my family to go the pharmacist to get treatment on numerous occasions. She should leave to find a job that she likes better than treating patients badly.

Submitted April 18, 2015

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Neary is one of the best Doctors ever met and he is a great doctor who is knowledgeable, and compassionate. Myself & my Family are blessed to have him as our family physician. He always takes time to listen , understand and help. His treatments has always worked for all of our family. We are sorry, to know that he is moving and we miss him as a Doctor and a good human being. We wish success and peace always follow him. Shirley is a great person and has always been good to us .

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I am sad to know that Dr. Neary is leaving. He was a great doctor when you finally got an appointment to see him. It's almost like you had to plan to be sick. wasn't so quick with our daughter's immunizations and care. Shirley is a miserable person and I hated calling there to make an appointment. We left this practice because of her. Maybe retirement should be the next step for her.

Submitted October 13, 2014

I am shocked to hear that Dr. Neary or receptionist Shirley are being spoke of so unkindly. Our family(s) are blessed to have them attend to our medical needs. I am in the process of looking for a new Physician now that he will be leaving his practice soon. We are spoiled and will be hard pressed to find another Dr. as good as he and a receptionist as kind. I find it hard to believe some of the terrible comments.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. John Neary's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "LOVE DR. NEARY! So sad he is retiring, but happy for him. He was a wonderful doctor and I can only hope that my next Doctor will be as awesome. We'll miss y..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Clearly mental illness is not a life threatening illness as you most definitely have more than a few screws loose. I have always been treated kindly and with r..."

October 10, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I am surprised at those who say that the receptionist treated them nicely. May be they gave her some bribes to get special treatment! That receptionist was a co..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Neary has always taken wonderful care of my family and I. The only problem I've had with his practice is his receptionist... She might be the most disgruntl..."

September 20, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. " deeply sadden to find out he is retiring, always found him compassionate and knowledgable ...always felt uncomfortable with Shirley , found her very short wit..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I am a patient with another doctor in McKenzie Family Practice. I had to see Dr. Neary when my doctor was unavailable. My back was out. She acted like she wa..."

July 16, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "N2A1" to "N2T 1Z2". Address has been updated from "None" to "445 Beechwood Place". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15197720700".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Like many others, I am baffled by some of the remarks of others. I feel blessed to have been with Dr. Neary's practice since day one and now have to find anothe..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I am sad to know Dr. Neary is leaving. Hope an equally good doctor will take over. However, I wish the new doctor will replace the existing staff who doesn't kn..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "One of the very good family doctors with a miserable receptionist who has asked my family to go the pharmacist to get treatment on numerous occasions. She shoul..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Both Dr. Neary and Shirley are awesome. I have always been treated with kindness and compassion by Shirley, & Dr. Neary has kept me fit as a fiddle."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Neary is one of the best Doctors ever met and he is a great doctor who is knowledgeable, and compassionate. Myself & my Family are blessed to have him as ou..."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I am sad to know that Dr. Neary is leaving. He was a great doctor when you finally got an appointment to see him. It's almost like you had to plan to be sick. w..."

October 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am shocked to hear that Dr. Neary or receptionist Shirley are being spoke of so unkindly. Our family(s) are blessed to have them attend to our medical needs...."

September 15, 2014
  • City changed from "Waterloo" to "Kitchener"

August 19, 2013