Ratings for Dr. Taras Gwozdecki

Most arrogant man. Just cares about money. A true narcissist. Misdiagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr G is awesome! Nice guy; actually cares.. overall I love my dr

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr. Gwozdecki has what I refer to as the little man or Napoleon syndrome, Because of being short he feels inferior and the need to be controlling. He also is incapable of dealing with conflict. As a result he displays the characteristics of arrogance, lack of empathy, bossiness, the inability to see the other side of any issue and the inability to deal with conflict in an effective manner. Therefore he tends to discard any patient who may question his opinion and behaviourand any patient who can't be dealt with in 3-4 minutes.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

My 86-year-old father had an appointment last Tuesday morning but I, as his driver, had to cancel that very morning (in advance of the actual appointment) due to a snow storm and resulting traffic jams. The "receptionist" (actually, not very receptive at all) made another appointment for the following Tuesday morning but informed me that she would have to send a no-show letter. I told her to do whatever she had to do. I showed up with my father 5 minutes early the morning of the rescheduled appointment, only to be told that Dr. G cannot see my father any more because of the many no-shows and that he owed $120.00, all of which was news to me. I've been taking my father to see this man for about a year now and at no time was there any mention of no-shows or money owing. In fact, the week before the snow storm, we saw the doctor for blood and urine tests and the missed appointment was a follow-up. The doctor did not say anything about a problem with missed appointments or money owing. If there was a problem, why was another appointment booked in the first place? And even then, why wait until an 86-year-old man with a walker shows up to tell him he doesn't have a doctor anymore? I have been taking my father to see this man for about a year now and we have never missed an appointment except for the one aforementioned. I believe Dr. G and his lackey basically kicked my father to the curb because he just doesn't want to be bothered with old people anymore. Another thing, he's only there from Monday to Thursday until about 11:00 a.m. , at least when he's not taking his many extended vacations. This man clearly cares nothing about his patients, if he ever did.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

If you read through the ratings for Taras Gwozdecki you will note a disturbing and appalling pattern of arrogant, high handed and abusive behavior towards his patients and even his staff. Documented concerns range from misdiagnosing pnuemonia to telling a patient who is having a heart attack to drive himself to the hospital to telling a 13 year old girl in pain to quit wasting his time to doing pap smears with his door open. I also had a terrible experience with this guy (I cannot bring myself to call him a doctor which would be doing a disservice to the numerous excellent doctors who practice medicine at a high and ethical level) . Ultimately my experience with Taras was that he had no interest in helping me in a compassionate and caring manner. I would term his intervention with me to be neglectful, negligent and uninformed. One writer of these reviews questioned why he is still in business stating that "it is a joke, he know people at the College". Ultimately if you are dissatisfied with his service contact the College of Physicians and Surgeons and ask them to send you the relevant acts, particularly By-Law 11, Standard of Care for Physicians which detail the obligation of a physician when they see you. Ypu will then be able to document how very deficient his medical care was for you. The more complaints submitted to the College about him the more likely they will do something about his outrageously poor treatment of his patients!! Oh and watch out he likes to kick patients out of his office you disagree with something he says. he also uses his receptionists to triage patients and to kick them out of his clinic.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Dr. Gwozdecki only cares about making money, rushing patients through and not having to deal with a patient who requires more time than 5 minutes. Several years ago I was having a heart attack in his office. He kept me waiting and then told me that if I hadn't died yet I should just drive myself to the hospital. The ER doctor was disgusted and called him to tell him what he thought of his inadequate handling of my condition. He is always away 2-3 months in the summer which plays havoc with prescription renewals. Last month I needed 40 days to make it till he was back from vacation. He cut the request back to 30 days which meant I had to waste a day driving back from Kenora to Winnipeg just so I could get a 7 day day renewal which wasted a day, cost me $60.00 in gas and dispensing fees just so he could charge for a prescription renewal.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

My girlfriend did not have a family doctor so when she became very sick, I took her to his clinic as he was close. He rushed the examination, told my girlfriend to "quit exaggerating" when she told him she was in pain, then told her to go home and have chicken soup and don't waste his time. I took her to Miseracordia later the same day. She had pneumonia. I don't know how this guy is able to stay in business.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Worst doctor I´ve ever seen. very ignorant but with friends in college of doctors. He charges for everything, receptionists are badly payed.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

My teenage daughter was in a lot of pain and I took her to the walk in clinic. He was very rude and unhelpful. He didn't listen to her properly and sent us on our way. She was in tears so I immediately took her to another clinic who saw her straight away and a very kind, concerned and personable male Doctor listened to her, examined her and gave her the medications she needed. Very disappointed indeed.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr. Gwozdecki was very optimistic and creditable. Made me feel very comfortable and less agitated

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016