Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Bilella

THIS RATING IS FOR THE OFFICE STAFF. VERNA WENT OUT OF HER WAY TO TELL ME REPEATEDLY WHAT SHE COULD NOT DO WHEN ALL I ASKED HER TO DO WAS CALL MY INSURANCE COMPANY. I EVEN GAVE HER THE NUMBER SHE NEEDED TO CALL. SHE REPEATEDLY TOLD ME SHE MIGHT TRY THIS AND THEN THAT INSTEAD OF JUST MAKING THE PHONE CALL. I FELT HER RESPONSES WERE AIMED AT UPSETTING ME SO SHE WOULD HAVE AN EXCUSE TO HANG UP.ALL THE TIME SHE SPENT HEMMING AND HAWING TOOK HER MORE TIME THAN MAKING THE CALL WOULD HAVE.THIS EXPERIENCE IS SIMILAR TO OTHER EXPERIENCES I HAVE HAD WITH THE OFFICE STAFF.THEY NEED AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT AND THE DOCTORS NEED TO PAY MORE ATTENTION TO WHAT IS BEING SAID TO THEIR PATIENTS. BETH WAS AN EXCEPTION. SHE TRIED TO HELP ME IN THE BEGINNING.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr. Bilella is terrible at diagnosing. He simply does not listen to parents and brushes everything off as a virus or "just part of childhood". He missed a very serious diagnosis in my child, that landed him in the hospital for an extended period of time. After he was discharged, Dr. Bilella stuck to his guns and insisted the signs and symptoms were not there prior to his hospitalization. The signs were infact there and a simple blood test (that I requested on numerous occasions) would have diagnosed him. I will never return to this office of recommend him to anyone. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

this Dr has no sympathy nor does he listen to any of your concerns, he just cuts you off and tell you there is nothing wrong then sends you on your merry way. I went to see this Dr as my normal Dr was out of the office this day, my son was running a fever and complaining of a sore throat, Dr Bilella walks in looks down my sons throat and says oh its a Virus, and sent me on my way. No tests run no culture nothing.... Needless to say i go back to the same office 3 days later as my son was not any better infact he was worse, this time he was able to see his normal Dr, he walks in i explained what happened and his symptoms and then he takes a Strep culture, and i guess u know the results POSITIVE for Strep. My son had to suffer longer because of this Dr's stubborness to listen to the patient and just do a thorough job and have done the culture the first time. I had to pay a copay for him just to walk in and say its a virus, but you failed to do further testing to verify..

flag | Submitted November 29, 2009

The staff was quick and fake nice. Im 17 and im sure hes nicer to younger children. He treated me and my mother terribly. He was rude, didnt know what he was talking about, and at one point yelled at us. I was feeling very sick and he refused to believe me, because the blood tests he did came back normal, and told me to go to a therapist. He has made me scared to go to another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2008

Dr. Mark A. Bilella's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1999)

Avmed