Ratings for Dr. Roxanne G. Carfora

Unfortunately Dr Carfora has become one of those doctors that cares more about her profit than her patients. If she reads this, she knows it's true. I used to patient, however stopped going after she wanted me to come in to tell me about my blood test results. I waited 2 hrs only to be seen by a nurse to tell me my triglycerides were too high! They charged my insurance company $180 for the visit and I did report this. A simple phone call would have sufficed. My mother still goes there but not after today. I am sick and tired of waiting for 1 hour 15 minutes to 2 hours to be seen. I told her I was unhappy about this. What did she do? Shrugged her shoulders and said what do you want me to do? I guess she is not smart enough that a simple apology was in order. The other doctor my mother sees always calls her office and she is never around. He asked us if she really existed? If your time is not precious to you and you can afford to sit around for hours, then yes, go to her. However, there are many capable doctors out there that truly show they care and not just have dollar signs in their eyes.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

The staff is totally impossible. Good luck, nearly impossible to get an appointment that isn't cancelled by them and put off for months. This is just the beginning of the nastiness.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I am not sure about all these reviews. I was one of Dr Carfora's first patients in Port Jeff. I have been seeing her for about 27 years. I had cancer in 2000. I knew there was something wrong and was not sure what it was. She LITERALLY saw me every single week for almost a year. It didn't matter what I called about she had her staff fit me in. Once we discovered what the issues were she was with me every step of the way. She is a great Doctor who is thorough. If you think your being taken too much care of, then go to a clinic! I have never heard of anyone saying they got too much treatment, as that's how I read those reviews! Wait times, RU kidding??? Every Doctors office you go to, you wait a minimum of at least 2 hours!!! Go to an ER and wait at least six hours! Some of these reviews just sound like a sabotage. Like anything else in life, if it didn't work for you go somewhere else, but do not speak for everyone else! I would recommend this Doctor to anyone. As a matter of fact I have probably sent at least 30 people to her that ALL remain with her.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I went to her office 3 times never seen her once saw PA's who were very nice . Last time I was I saw a nice new PA who was having trouble sending over electronic prescriptions. This was why I was there after being told everything went through I left. Went to pharmacy to pick them up and they weren't there . I called the office and was told she would resend or call them in. She never did . The girls at the from desk tried helping me or so I thought. I called the next day to ask them to try again they flat out said NO and I could come pick up when I had a chance. I explained I couldn't come and was told well you work close so it's no big deal. Well the big deal was my car was in the shop and I couldn't come . I went for prescriptions paid a copay but never received what I went for. The front desk girls (2) actually were so nasty and rude wouldn't even leave message for the PA . I myself work for a doctor and would never again recommend Dr. Carfora's office to any person . If I spoke to our patients they was her's did I would either not have a job or a lot less patients.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

she is terrible and almost destroyed my health would not recommend her at all, her licencee should be revoked and the fact that she calls herself a doctor is terrible

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Staff is rude and inexperienced! Try to make an appointment with Dr. Roxanne and they throw you to the PA without even telling you. 3 month wait for visit with Dr. Roxanne...She does not care enought to return a concerned patients phone call ..Worst office I've ever been to!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Made 4 appts with Dr Cafora since nov 2015 to date 4/2016. I had bloodwork taken, she has cancelled each one of them. When I go in sick and see overworked, PA Steven, I am told he cannot go over the bloodwork. I had x-ray for pneumonia and was told that they could not give me results over the phone, yet Dr Carfora cancelled my appointment once again.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

This is Dr. Carfora. I am a Functional Medicine doctor who looks for the "cause" of disease, underlying vitamin and hormonal deficiencies , along with genetics that affect your outcome. The comment below about "labs in house" is not true. We always send to the lab that is covered by your insurance. We explain that we are a preventative practice and may have extensive lab work for YOUR HEALTH AND WELLNESS evaluation. All patients have a choice. If you do not want a practice that looks out for your wellbeing, screens for deficiencies, and optimizes your wellness then you should go to a "quick care" center for a "quick" physical. The person who wrote about being a medical student and a long comment on how all she got was extensive testing and labs should only know that we were thorough!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

This review is not based on the staff, the service, or the wait time, but on the unnecessary testing that she subjects patients to who don't know enough to say no. I went to Dr. Carfora's practice for a physical exam before beginning medical school that August. I brought paperwork stating that I needed titers to confirm that I had immunity to diseases commonly vaccinated for in childhood. I was in great shape, with no complaints and no history of any conditions. Her PA told me that my blood pressure was low (actually, it was in completely normal range- about 115/60), and after performing an EKG (which I didn't need), she told me that I needed an echocardiogram (which I also didn't need, but before beginning medical school I didn't know that there was NO indication for this). The PA then told me that I needed blood work, and when she left and came back in the room she told me that they needed to fill a lot of blood vials. I said okay- assuming they were doing what was on my paperwork. I instead got all of that, plus thyroid function testing (I have no history of thyroid disease in my family, and no physical complaints- so, why did I need those? I didn't. And if I was suspected to have disease they should only draw two preliminary tests: TSH and T4. I got about 6 tests. Including an antibody test. WHAT) a hemoglobin A1c (I was 22 years old. Diabetes screening begins at age 45. Again, I had no complaints. So no, I didn't need that) complete iron studies and a B12 level (I had no signs of anemia- and that CBC she drew confirmed that. So no, I didn't need those. Those are not routine tests). I also got a lipid panel (Screening is only strongly recommended for those with risk above the age of 45. No risk and again, not 45). Before insurance, it rang up to about $4,000 worth of in-office labs. All of my labs were normal. In my appointment follow-up appointment, however, I was offered vitamins for my B12 level that was not out of normal range (so what if it was low normal- that means its normal). Dr. Carfora's patients might like her because the amount of testing she does on them makes them feel cared for, but I can assure you- they are 100% not needed. I ended up paying little out of pocket because I have good insurance, but I can't help but think that they knew that when they ordered my tests.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

I love Dr Carfora. She has been my MD for a long time. Although I am finding it harder and to get an appointment with her. Ver disappointing as she is a really great doctor. Very knowledgeable and caring. She is big on preventative care. I have to agree with others on staff. Totally unreliable and inefficient.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Roxanne G. Carfora's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1989)