You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Roxanne G. Carfora

This review is not based on the staff, the service, or the wait time, but on the unnecessary testing that she subjects patients to who don't know enough to say no. I went to Dr. Carfora's practice for a physical exam before beginning medical school that August. I brought paperwork stating that I needed titers to confirm that I had immunity to diseases commonly vaccinated for in childhood. I was in great shape, with no complaints and no history of any conditions. Her PA told me that my blood pressure was low (actually, it was in completely normal range- about 115/60), and after performing an EKG (which I didn't need), she told me that I needed an echocardiogram (which I also didn't need, but before beginning medical school I didn't know that there was NO indication for this). The PA then told me that I needed blood work, and when she left and came back in the room she told me that they needed to fill a lot of blood vials. I said okay- assuming they were doing what was on my paperwork. I instead got all of that, plus thyroid function testing (I have no history of thyroid disease in my family, and no physical complaints- so, why did I need those? I didn't. And if I was suspected to have disease they should only draw two preliminary tests: TSH and T4. I got about 6 tests. Including an antibody test. WHAT) a hemoglobin A1c (I was 22 years old. Diabetes screening begins at age 45. Again, I had no complaints. So no, I didn't need that) complete iron studies and a B12 level (I had no signs of anemia- and that CBC she drew confirmed that. So no, I didn't need those. Those are not routine tests). I also got a lipid panel (Screening is only strongly recommended for those with risk above the age of 45. No risk and again, not 45). Before insurance, it rang up to about $4,000 worth of in-office labs. All of my labs were normal. In my appointment follow-up appointment, however, I was offered vitamins for my B12 level that was not out of normal range (so what if it was low normal- that means its normal). Dr. Carfora's patients might like her because the amount of testing she does on them makes them feel cared for, but I can assure you- they are 100% not needed. I ended up paying little out of pocket because I have good insurance, but I can't help but think that they knew that when they ordered my tests.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

I love Dr Carfora. She has been my MD for a long time. Although I am finding it harder and to get an appointment with her. Ver disappointing as she is a really great doctor. Very knowledgeable and caring. She is big on preventative care. I have to agree with others on staff. Totally unreliable and inefficient.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

The receptionist are too busy on their cell phones which they hide u set their computers. It doesn't matter if you make the first available appointment. You sit and wait for hours every time

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

DR CARFORA SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Helped me tremendously when other doctors could not figure it out. Staff excellent. I think a lot of these comments about negative and 4 hour waits are from someone who is bad mouthing a doctor . Recently a management company - Medical 360- tried to destroy this practice but was unsuccessful--the staff from that management company continues to try to bad mouth Ageless 360 Medical Group--they should get a life!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

RUDE STAFF! They Made mistakes that were detrimental to my health. I wasted my time and money going to this practice. I wish i would have chosen a more attentive practive and a knowledgable one too. No return phone calls either. I do not wish this doctors office on anyone.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

Dr. Carfora is the best, as a doctor and human being. She has been my doctor for 15 years...She listens and puts the patient first...

flag | Submitted May 16, 2010

Dr. Carfora herself is lovely and caring. Unfortunately, you have to get past the office staff, and renewing a prescription can be frustratingly difficult, not to mention dangerous. The phones go unanswered, lines are not working, and the hours are capricious. I have taken to stopping by the office as it is pretty much the only way to speak with staff.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

You will have to wait to see her, but she is well worth the wait in her office. She will not rush you and she'll listen to what you have to say.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Dr. Roxanne G. Carfora's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1989)

Government Employees Health Assurance
Magnacare
Multiplan
Oxford

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This review is not based on the staff, the service, or the wait time, but on the unnecessary testing that she subjects patients to who don't know enough to say ..."

February 6, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr Carfora. She has been my MD for a long time. Although I am finding it harder and to get an appointment with her. Ver disappointing as she is a real..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The receptionist are too busy on their cell phones which they hide u set their computers. It doesn't matter if you make the first available appointment. You sit..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "DR CARFORA SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

June 11, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The staff is a big problem. Also Dr. Carfora's hours are not accomodating at all. I'm very disappointed at her in that respect. "

May 27, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "11787" to "11788". Address has been updated from "301 Maple Ave" to "694 Motor Parkway". Suite has been updated from "None" to "".

February 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.drcarfora.com". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "631-265-9355".

February 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Helped me tremendously when other doctors could not figure it out. Staff excellent. I think a lot of these comments about negative and 4 hour waits are from som..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Bad ratings will continue when you don't do the right thing!"

February 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "experience was horrible??? Dr doesn't give proper results there is 4 hour waits to see Dr for 5 minutes then rush you out of the room. DONOT use this practice...."

January 5, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=4516'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 5, 2014