Ratings for Dr. Jan N. Arango

Terrible doctor. I had asked her if she had any suggestions for me to get my 3 year old to take medication orally without spitting it out she replied, "All of my children are grown so I forget. Let me check with the office manager who has young children". She walked out of the room and I was puzzled....how could a pediatric DOCTOR not have any suggestions for me? She comes back in the room after a couple minutes and chuckles, "oh my office manager told me you should just smack him around a bit!". I literally was in shock. I didn't say anything at the time because I just wanted to run out of there as fast as possible. How could a professional joke like that about child abuse? In Florida of all places! It was absolutely disgusting.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Waited over an hour for the doctor at two different appointments. Called when my son was bleeding, left two messages and never got a call back. First appointment shame on her, second appointment I should've known better and never come back. Place feels dirty, rushed, and everyone is always in a sour mood. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

I waited 40 mintues after signing in (with 3 toddlers in tow) to be told that my appointment was not until the following week. I said noooo, my appointment card said today! I pulled out my appointment card and low and behold I was correct! Still, they wouldn't see my daughter because they didn't have her scheduled in the computer....even though my appt. card had todays date. What a bunch of nonsense!!! That was unfair and uncalled for. I had to wait almost an hour with 3 children to be told that I have to come back another day because they screwed up!?? I have switched doctors since then. I can't handle the stupidity any longer!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

My son has seen Dr. Arango since he was two, he is now fifteen. I followed her from her previous practice. I believe she is very knowledgable of current medical standards as wells as considerate of parents time, ie. she does not have me come back multiple times if my son needs a script she gives it the first appt. I know other doctors that say things like the snot is not green so no antibiotics then in two days when it is green your back for the antibiotics and miss more time from work. I have no problems with her in the last 12yrs and my son refuse to go to a grown up doctor until she kicks hime out.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

The staff is so dumb, I actually got yelled at for not bringing my newborn in the monday after he was born, i did... i was told my apt.was for the following week... another time i went and sat in the waiting room for 45 min to be told im a day early for shots (should not have made me an apt. for that day then) a few more problems w. office staff that have now made me change doctors such as being hung up on numerious times while trting to make an apt. for my sick child.. no offence to dr. arango (though like the other said she is not caring at all).. her staff is so STUPID!!!! HIRE NEW STAFF!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. Jan N. Arango's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Massachusetts