Ratings for Dr. Kurt N. Harris

I urge anyone looking for good medical care to look elsewhere. My mother has been going to this medical practice for 8 years, and it has totally deteriorated over the past 2 years. Thank goodness she has changed PCP's/medical practices. The lowlights: last visit (11/23/14) she waited in the exam room 2 hours before being seen. The MD she had been seeing most recently (Dr. Harris) is an arrogant, angry individual with poor communication skills and more importantly, poor medical skill. My mother went in with complaints of a bladder infection...no in-office testing was done, and she was told she couldn't be placed on an antibiotic since she was on one a month prior to this visit. Mom wound-up getting very ill, went to Urgent Care where she was advised she had a very serious bladder infection that had begun to go to her kidneys, and was promptly treated. Mom had coronary bypass surgery 2 months ago, and was prescribed cardiac rehab by the cardiac surgeon (standard practice for any open heart patient). When Mom called to get the referral, the owner of the practice (Dr. Aron Schlau) refused to sign it...said she could work out at the local YMCA "Silver Sneakers" program. The cardiac surgeon was blown away! It was with my persistence that Mom was able to begin this much needed program. I live out of state, and was very concerned about the quality of medical care my 77 year old mother was receiving. There are many other examples of poor medical care I could list during her 8 years at this practice, but I think you probably get the picture.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Harris found 5 plus years. He is a little rough around the edges but when you get to know him you will like him. He is knowledgeable and ready to help. The staff was awful until recently. Made mistakes and you paid the consequences like booking erreos and no responding to requests for meds. Staff changes have all but eliminated these problems. Save for wait time I am very satisfied with him and the staff.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

If you like Doctor House on TV, you will like Doctor Harris. If you do not like the style of Doctor House on TV, I recommend you stay away from Doctor Harris. With all due respect to the doctor, he may be a little rough around the edges until you get to know him, but he knows medications inside and out as to how they interact together and its effectiveness on you. He is concerned with Medicare doughnut issues and elderly illnesses yada yada. Give him the opportunity to be your doctor. You could not be in better hands, unless of course, you don't want to hear your problems or you think you can tell your doctor what is wrong with you and he has to agree. He made me feel better in no time at all. I am honored to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

I believe I saw Dr. Harris three times, discussing my extreme fatigue, shortness of breath and the feeling that this was just like I felt before I had two cardiac stents placed, two years before. He did not do an EKG, spent time discussing my diabetes, when my blood sugars were within normal limits with meds. Following my last visit, I felt so awful I went home and called another physician, who saw me the next day. He sent me to a Cardiologist which resulted in open heart surgery the next day. Dr. Harris was rude, and treated me like I was about 10. On my first visit he told me they would do the EKG on my next visit, but when he came into the room on the second visit, he stated I was in the wrong room to do an EKG and yelled at his assistant for putting me in that room, stated we would do the EKG on the next visit, which did not happen.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

Never in my life have I been treated with such disrespect. I saw Dr. Harris for a UTI that had been going on over a weekend. I had taken an OTC for pain recommended by a pharmacist to get me by until Monday. After waiting over an hour to see Dr. Harris, my urine sample was taken and Dr. Harris burst into the examining room, threw my OTC meds at the wall (close to my head) and yelled "YOU RUINED MY URINE SAMPLE!!!" He then proceeded to YELL at me for 20 more minutes about how I should have a higher pain tolerance, never to take OTC meds, and how uneducated pharmacists are. I was dumbfounded. I had just come in for an antibiotic to get rid of an infection. The entire office staff heard him yelling at me and all of them looked flumoxed when I emerged from the examining room. 2 years earlier I had to BEG him for a colonoscopy (I'm high risk). The test turned up pre-cancerous growths. If I hadn't insisted on the test, I could be dead now. This Dr. should not be practing medicine.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

Dr. Kurt N. Harris's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1985)

GHI