Ratings for Dr. Mary L. Pepine

Dr. Pepine came in and looked at the spots I wanted her to, announced two of three as cancer, then proceeded to ask me if I wanted them biopsied. Since I didn't have any insurance,and after paying up front, $193.00, yes I wanted them biopsied. The office didn't call with the results so I had to call them. The doctor didn't bother calling with the results that two of them were cancer. I had to talk to her medical assistant (nurse?) about the treatment plan. Totally unacceptable for a doctor. I can imagine having your nurse call with good results but not with negative results. The nurse told me that I will have to see a plastic surgeon based on my pathological report. She said that she would send him the results. I made my own appointment and called Dr. Pepine office that day and asked if they had sent the results to the plastic surgeons office. They said they had but I stopped by her office to pick up a copy. When I got to the plastic surgeon office they had not received it.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

I know she's cheap, and you definitely get what you pay for. She pushes expensive medications on you with discount vouchers and coupons instead of giving you just what you need. I went in for a doxycycline prescription for acne, and came away with multiple washes and topical Rx's as well. She's particularly fond of trying to give you prescriptions for things you can get over the counter for $5. When I told her I only wanted/needed the doxycycline and a topical antibiotic because with that combo the only wash I needed was bar soap, she suggested that I stop taking everything and ONLY use bar soap - yes, you read that right; when I said I didn't want the $200 topical medication, she threatened to stop prescribing the only two medications I actually needed. Very shady.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

Dr. Mary L. Pepine's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

HealthPartners