Ratings for Dr. Darryl Ableman

His practice is very full and it is hard to get appointments. The office staff once faxed the wrong records and at another point didn't follow up with a specialist appointment. When I tried to follow up, they assured me they had, and it ultimately delayed my infant son seeing a specialist for 8 months. Still, I think he can be an attentive, knowledgeable and skilled doctor at times.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Darryl Ableman was my family doctor for 17 years, in 2003 he sent me for tests for multiple tests due to the fact that I was very very sick very weak. Then again in 2010 dr. Ableman sent me for multiple tests yet again each time these tests were done I was also tested for hepatitis C. So in 2015 due to being extremely sick and unable to function normally, my energy level was nil, A specialist sent me for all the tests doctor Ableman had done previously which came back positive for Hep C , We found out on both of those tests Ableman had done, came back reactive, meaning I had hep C . He just never told me or other specialists. I was never given treatment or anything I was left to suffer, and needed blood transfusions for over 13 years, I truly thought during all those years I was going to die. If I was a drug user or sexually active I could have pasted the hep to anyone since it is a communicable disease. Also could have had liver failure and died. In 2016 I was given a treatment and have since been cured.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Sarcastic, uncaring and spends no time with patients. I have never seen a worse doctor or witnessed anyone be treated with so little empathy and care.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

The WORST doctor me and my wife ever have met. How is he even a doctor?

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

He doesn't even really look at your child and just googles everything. That clinic should replace him!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

He runs an appointment mill, his staff are rude and incompetent.. He is not caring and won't spend more than a minute with you. Worst doctor.. go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Google is a better doctor. I wish I had read these reviews before signing up with him for prenatal care.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I don't even know what to say. He is the worst. I don't understand that how can be somebody like him a doctor in a country like Canada. He is mean, rude, he doesn't care at all. I went to see him with my newborn. I'm a mom with my first baby, and yes, I have questions. When I asked him can I ask something? He said :"do I look like somebody who has time for that" ? when I told him my baby has eczema, he didn't even looked at him he said: " put lotion on it". I was shocked! Never ever go back again. How can he calls himself a doctor????

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Extreme rude and impatient. Unprofessional and unkind. Avoid him at all cost. All he cares is money. One question each visit.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I have been to see Dr. Ableman for about 1 year now. What you are reading here about him is true. He is rude, makes you feel like you are not important. I went to see him for a physical when I first started and he did a Pap test.... that was it. I then asked him if he could do a breast examination as well since I am 60 he said oh you want that too???? Is that not part of the " regular physical" if I go see him for an eye infection I better not mention anything else because that is NOT what I booked in for. Lousy lousy doctor worse I have ever seen. I guess I was spoiled with. My Dr. Of 40 years but he is now retired. This guy is not going to be my dr much longer I can tell you that. Each appointment last approx 2 mins. Long enough for him to print out prescriptions on his tablet , but does not bother to look at your file, which I asssume is in his tablet as well. Stay away

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017