Ratings for Dr. Darryl Ableman

I have known dr ableman for 20 years --he spends under 1 minute going over your health issues--you can not explain in detail in 1 minute --I assume he spends 1 minute cause he makes more money if he sees more patients in 1 day---everything you call him to make an appointment they put you on hold for 40 minutes ---he makes over $250,000 a year so can he hire more staff to answer phones ??

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Waste of time going to see this doctor. Does not seem to care about trying to find solutions to patients illness' etc. Too busy playing on his ipad to actually listen to symptoms of patients. Rather then looking for a solution just makes you feel like you are stupid and just complaining about nothing. Save yourself the headache and go to another doctor

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

This is not good. My last Dr. left his practice so I had to find another and found Ableman. I'm on Warfarin and have to go for Blood Work. This test is called an INR. Since being on Warfarin, I've never had a problem getting my results over the phone. I need this to know how much Warfarin to take and when to go for blood work again. I had this test done on July 4th and today is the 12th and no results back yet. Today I called the office and was told they don't give results over the phone. I told reception that I've never had to do this with previous ones and I can't take time off work, every time I have my INR done and I also need to know when to get tested again. I told the receptionist this was unacceptable. Then she went and asked and came back with only the blood work results and not how much Warfarin to take. I told her I need to know this, because if I don't take enough, I can clot or to much, I can bleed out. I did say I would leave a comment on this very site.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Poor listening skills - too focused on his iPad, you can tell by the distracted and uninterested expression that what you say didn't sink in. Advice he gives is unhelpful, and I've required second opinions on all my cases. Additionally he shows no empathy nor sympathy, blames patients for taking his time, yet acts as though he is entitled to be respected. Thank goodness I found a new family doctor and no longer have to see him.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

His diagnosis is usually incorrect, he's arrogant and treats you like you're bothering him. The reception staff are rude and you'll be on hold for up to 30 mins. Avoid if possible.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

My problem was chronic back pain. I used to wait on appointments for neurosurgery for a year, for the CT scan was long waiting time to, MRI I never even received. But with enormous help from Dr.Ableman, I have solved my problem in less than a year. Dr. Ablemans help was invaluable in selfless dedication to get an appointments as son possible because he understood my terrible pain. Many time he did direct contacts with the Royal Columbia Hospital, and his commitment authority to be Dr.Chan my neurosurgery. Dr.Chan perfectly done his job. Big thanks for him to! Now I am reborn man and therefore, I am immeasurably grateful to Dr. Ableman! Patient: Jovan Cikojevic, Coquitlam

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Dr Ableman is the best doctor and the most knowledgeable. He is sweet, kind and compassionate. He cares for his patients and has the most understanding bedside manner. I highly recommend Dr Ableman.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Lol.....this doctor is better known as useless. He has is rude. Never on time. Not helpful....you go in with an issue and come out even more confused....how did this guy ever get certified. My opinion is look for another Dr. If you care about the well being of your family. He can't be trusted with your health

Submitted March 10, 2016

A good no nonsense doctor. A good sense of humor goes a long way :) I was one of his and Doctor Tosefski's first patients, but ended up seeing Tosefski long term. After he left, the natural thing was to go to Ableman as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Dr Ableman has opened this clinic that is open 7 days a week. Each Dr that I have met is extremely knowledgeable and helpful.It is a busy office and so the lines are somewhat frustrating to get through to. I n spite of this , the staff are always very helpful and friendly. I find that it takes 3-6 days to get an appointment with Dr Ableman. I have no problem with this in that it is well worth the wait. Every time I have needed to see a Doc for myself or one of the kids , we have come in as a walk-in and altho we were unable to see Dr Ableman we have been most happy with the other doctors seen I can't believe some of the comments that I have read. I think that these people are ungrateful, needy and delusional in that I have lived in Montreal and am in heaven , knowing what I have here in service versus my past experience back East. THis clinic is amazing for us patients in the Coquitlam area

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016