Ratings for Dr. Darryl Ableman

Since we bought a house in Burke mountain, we have always been looking forward to new services and when a new medical clinic showed up we were pretty exciting about the news until.... i met 'the guy' (I would not call him a doctor) who runs the place. That guy is rude, has a condescending attitude, and the list goes on. I has zero customer service knowledge and let me tell you I would settle with 0. I just got a prescription for high cholesterol and asked if this could be temporary. 'The guy' got almost upset and rushed me out of the room and mentioned very loud in the hallway in front of the other patients waiting that he has a line up and does not have more time, not without saying that I have diabetes very loud. Mr Abelman, you are not welcomed in Burke Mountain.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

This Doctor is the worst one in the whole lower mainland--he or ly spends 1 minute talking to you and then he moves to next patient cause he probably makes more money by seeing more patients in 1 day ---I am going to make a complaint to medical association about this matter

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

This doctor doesn't show any interest in his patients. I can't even tell if he is a good doctor because every time I came for a prenatal visit he would spend only a couple of minutes on me. It feels uncomfortable to ask him any questions, like your waisting his time

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

This is the worst Doctor in history HE looked at my private area and said I had genital warts but he was wrong cause another doctor took a sample and sent it to the cdc lab which confirmed was genital herpes ---he should go back to medical school to get retrained cause this guy is a total joke --his medical licence should be taken away from him cause he can't figure out what to do

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr Ableman has been our Family Physician for over 20 years. I find he has always been attentive and communicates appropriately with me. I have been thankful to him so many times, he helped in diagnosing my post partum depression and assisted me to the right treatment. I have always taken an invested interest in my health, and put forth the effort to improve myself and my lifestyle, perhaps the collaborative approach between he and I makes all the difference in how I feel of him as a physician. Dr Ableman has been open to questions and supportive in refereeing myself or my family members when higher level of assessment beyond a GP was needed. He does have a very busy office, and I do agree his front end staff need assistance in answering the telephone and making appointments, perhaps no one has given him a honest perspective of what clients experience when trying to get an appointment after all he does not try calling his office like a potential or actual client. I think when reading comments on a sight such as this you must remember most people only leave a comment if they have had a negative experience, rarely do people speak or leave a comment with good experiences. As a GP, Dr Ableman is attentive and educated.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I have known dr ableman for 20 years --he spends under 1 minute going over your health issues--you can not explain in detail in 1 minute --I assume he spends 1 minute cause he makes more money if he sees more patients in 1 day---everything you call him to make an appointment they put you on hold for 40 minutes ---he makes over $250,000 a year so can he hire more staff to answer phones ??

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Waste of time going to see this doctor. Does not seem to care about trying to find solutions to patients illness' etc. Too busy playing on his ipad to actually listen to symptoms of patients. Rather then looking for a solution just makes you feel like you are stupid and just complaining about nothing. Save yourself the headache and go to another doctor

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

This is not good. My last Dr. left his practice so I had to find another and found Ableman. I'm on Warfarin and have to go for Blood Work. This test is called an INR. Since being on Warfarin, I've never had a problem getting my results over the phone. I need this to know how much Warfarin to take and when to go for blood work again. I had this test done on July 4th and today is the 12th and no results back yet. Today I called the office and was told they don't give results over the phone. I told reception that I've never had to do this with previous ones and I can't take time off work, every time I have my INR done and I also need to know when to get tested again. I told the receptionist this was unacceptable. Then she went and asked and came back with only the blood work results and not how much Warfarin to take. I told her I need to know this, because if I don't take enough, I can clot or to much, I can bleed out. I did say I would leave a comment on this very site.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Poor listening skills - too focused on his iPad, you can tell by the distracted and uninterested expression that what you say didn't sink in. Advice he gives is unhelpful, and I've required second opinions on all my cases. Additionally he shows no empathy nor sympathy, blames patients for taking his time, yet acts as though he is entitled to be respected. Thank goodness I found a new family doctor and no longer have to see him.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

His diagnosis is usually incorrect, he's arrogant and treats you like you're bothering him. The reception staff are rude and you'll be on hold for up to 30 mins. Avoid if possible.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016