Ratings for Dr. J. McLelland

I took a home pregnancy test and found out i'm pregnant. I called the dr for an appt and was told that i am no longer a patient. she is semi-retired and dropped half her patient list. It would have been nice to find this out BEFORE i got pregnant. So now i have to search for a new dr (and no one is accepting pts these days) while I am pregnant and it could be a while before i find one and when you are pregnant i think its important to get checked out ASAP. I was very disappointed to get dropped by my dr of almost 30 yrs, i've had her since i was a baby. But i have to admit it's probably for the best because she always was very rude, uncaring, and has a horrible bed side manner. she never listens and can't wait to get you out the door. I guess after all those years of being a dr she no longer has the passion to help people. If that's the case i think it's better to just retire completely. I read other pt reviews and i agree with them. she just doesn't care anymore and it's very obvious.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Time to retire, has lost interest in her job.She rushes you out of the office every visit. When asked about routine testing she brushes your questions off.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

A very knowledgeable, caring, and gentle person. Doesn't rush you, is ALWAYS on time, and listens to what you have to say. I am impressed with her bedside manor.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

She has been my doctor for years for two reasons, one she is honest with me and two she explains all possible diagnosis' and treatment options. I know of someone who doesn't like her because she is straight forward and doesn't sugar coat things but I'm there for my health not friendship.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

She misdignossed my friends skin problem as a rash due to stress. The rash was VERY bad and she went to see her on numerous ocassions about her rash. Finally she went back again after the rash not going away for almost a year to ask for a referal to a specialisit, Dr accused her of just wanting to take time off of work with stress leave. The reason I am writing this review and not my friend is because my friend DIED of skin cancer because treatment was delayed to long. If She had been properly diagonsed early she would be alive today.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

Required scrip renewal for high blood pressure medication - renwed for three months without taking my blood pressure - I had fallen and hadn't attended to pain & injury, had been on anti-inflamatory medication from a doctor in Ont. where I had been for three months - I said that I felt that it was more than carpo-tunnel, that it felt broken & pain was excruiciating - she prescribed more anti-inflammatories and suggested I should get physiothrerapy (I know I would not be able to tolerate physio because of the pain) or I might have arthritis or osteo - aern't there blood tests for this? none done or suggested - I had other issues equally or more important, however, due to her attitude I decided it was time to look for another doctor & left.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2007

unfriendly,uncaring and downright rude! made it seem like i was wasting her time and I was there for my pap test so it's not like i was in there complaining about minor problems that didn't require a dr visit. And i was the only one in the office when i got then and still when i left so i know she wasn't abrupt cause she had a waiting room full of sick patients. Made me feel stupid when i asked questions.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2006