Ratings for Dr. Karime Mitha

I have been dealing with a high-risk pregnancy due to multiple health issues, which include hypothyroidism, Rh negative, liver and ovarian cysts, pain, repeated visits to the ER. Therefore, my health condition requires an extremely skilled physician. I am so lucky to be a patient of Dr. Mitha. She always listens and addresses all concerns I have, showing her expertise during my appointments and never rushing me. Throughout my pregnancy, I always felt confident trusting my life and my soon-to-be-born baby's life to Dr. Mitha's masterfully skilled hands.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I have been with Dr. Mitha since 1991. I had a few different ones prior to her. She has taken care of my entire family and watched my children grow up and become parents of their own little ones. Dr. Mitha has always answered my questions, or sent me to the appropriate person who would have to look into a concern further. She always takes the time to listen to me and to give me honest answers. Some of you people gripe 'oh she was on a day off or on holidays'! Sheesh, do you not realize how many hours in a week this woman has worked and that she also has a family of her own. Do you not realize that she needs to have a life too and take care of her own wellness? Wake up people! This wonderful lady has gone through some very serious medical issues of her own - she's human too. Dr. Mitha is an amazing woman and I will be very sad when she retires one day.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Today I accompanied my 90 year old mother to Dr. Mitha's office. We both commented afterwards on how caring, helpful, knowledgeable and thorough Dr. Mitha is. She didn't rush us at all. We were both most appreciative of the time she took to listen to the issues, the thorough examination she gave my mother, and with the solutions she came up with. She is very professional!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

FANTASTIC DR!i have had her for 5 yrs.Took me on to just help me out has my other dr. closed her practice.She is a Dr. that cares,& does what she can & recommends treatment when required. SHE CANT be everywhere and babysit the adults who think she is rude and doesnt care!DR, Mitha has shown truth, compassion,and guidance & is a well respected Dr. amongest her peers. Her staff are helpful- i deal with them weekly. So for me reading some posts-SOME people think the world revolves around them.We all have some medical issue & we have babies too & DR. mitha cant be with us & check in when WE think she should. She does have a personal life and her own family too.For, the complainers that WANT PERSONAL care- get private ins. & for the new mom's who complain get a mid-wife- they'll hold ur hand!Welcome to the real world.!YOUR lucky you got DR. mitha for the short time you did. God bless you and enjoy your new baby!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

I have been with Dr. Mitha for a long time, but recently change GP due to her lack of respect for her patients. I gave birth to my first child 4 months ago & Dr. Mitha was off the day of my daughters birth but NEVER once called or came by the hospital after going through an emergency C-section. I confronted Dr. Mitha with my concerns at my 1 week follow-up after giving birth and her only response was... " I have alot of patients, so I can't follow-up with everyone"! I was disgusted with her response and attitude! Dr. Mitha has no compassion, respect or understanding towards her patients and I just feel that I had a very negative birth experience compared to others!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

medical assessments made of conditions presentd are simplistic and turn out to be inaccurate, easily dismisses symptoms of no concern, reluctant to order any type of tests, not very caring

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Mitha has been my family doctor since 1994. She has always gone the extra mile and always listens to my concerns. She delivered both of our daughters and caught my cervical cancer in the very early stages. I could not express my gratitude enough. I would and do recommend her to friends and co-workers.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

we moved to another city and the only reason we decided to stay in Burnaby is dr Mitha and I told her about this.But in 3 weeks before my due day she left on vacation, all this time she knew that she is not going to be at the very important time for me! One time I caught that she lied to me. It's very disappointed to realize that to stay with this doctor was a mistake and now I need to find another doctor maybe another hospital in couple of weeks before my delivery. It's stressful, why she didn't tell me anything before?

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

Dr. Mitha has been my family physician since our old one retired, and my mother, sister & I all agree that Dr. Mitha is a great doctor. I, too, am overweight and now pregnant, and never has she shamed me or showed me anything but excitement over my pregnancy. I also know that the reason she is not in the office full-time is that she works out of the maternity clinic as well. Dr. Mitha always takes the time to answer any questions I have and explain things I haven't even thought to ask about. I would, and have, recommended her to others!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Mitha for several years now, and I am always suprised that she takes the time she does with me, I do have a tendancy to go on about everything that has bothered me in the last year! I find her kind and empathetic with any concern I may have. I find she only writes perscriptions when they are called for. I would continue to see her when I can, and though she does not work alot during the week and no weekends I would still see her regardless. Thanks to you Dr. Mitha, Shelly Granger

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009